Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 2, 2011
10:06:28 PM
View profile
Searching calendar
I can only search my calendar for the last year. I have entries that go back to 2009. I can go to them in the month view but not in the list view. Is there some way to get search to look back for more than 1 year?
I can only search my calendar for the last year. I have entries that go back to 2009. I can go to them in the month view but not in the list view. Is there some way to get search to look back for more than 1 year?

Searching calendar

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2011 11:10:25 PM
(0)
Master

No there is not.  The search is limited to one year.  You can't change it.  

You can fill out the feedback form for an enhancement request to let Apple know this is something you would like changed.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

You can fill out the feedback form for an enhancement request to let Apple know this is something you would like changed.

Re: Searching calendar

2 of 5 (682 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 8:28:52 AM
(0)
Mentor

Planet-Ed wrote:

Well that's just crazy!  Thanks for the link.  I just added my 2 cents to the squeaky wheel.

Planet-Ed wrote:

Well that's just crazy!  Thanks for the link.  I just added my 2 cents to the squeaky wheel.

3 of 5 (649 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 5:05:15 PM
(0)
Master

guzinta_00 wrote:

Well that's just crazy!

I've never seen an issue with it.  Most people don't need to know/search for a calendar item more than a year ago.  But, limiting the timeframe of searches reduces the memory needed to index items for the search.  If there was no limit the indexing could slow the device.

At what point do you limit it?  3mo, 6mo, 1yr, 2yr, 3yr, unlimited etc.  ATT just felt this was the best compromise.

If I need to know where I was more than a year ago I would just look it up on my computer where indexing isn't as much of an issue.

But that is why Apple has the feedback page.  So people can post their wishes.

guzinta_00 wrote:

Well that's just crazy!

I've never seen an issue with it.  Most people don't need to know/search for a calendar item more than a year ago.  But, limiting the timeframe of searches reduces the memory needed to index items for the search.  If there was no limit the indexing could slow the device.

At what point do you limit it?  3mo, 6mo, 1yr, 2yr, 3yr, unlimited etc.  ATT just felt this was the best compromise.

If I need to know where I was more than a year ago I would just look it up on my computer where indexing isn't as much of an issue.

But that is why Apple has the feedback page.  So people can post their wishes.

4 of 5 (626 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 8:05:52 PM
(0)
Adventurer
Thanks for the prompt reply. It should then be a user option to select the search time frame. I was at a doctors appt and needed to know the last time I saw him. It happened to be more than a year ago and I didn't have my laptop only my iPhone. It would have been nice to search for the date.
Thanks for the prompt reply. It should then be a user option to select the search time frame. I was at a doctors appt and needed to know the last time I saw him. It happened to be more than a year ago and I didn't have my laptop only my iPhone. It would have been nice to search for the date.

5 of 5 (606 Views)