Helpful Links

Screen bigger, but resolution worse

Scholar

Screen bigger, but resolution worse

"The CNET outlet in France, meanwhile, reports that the new dimensions of the iPhone 5 are 960x540 pixels and be between 4.2 and 4.3 inches diagonally. The iPhone 4 has a 3.5-inch display with 960x640 pixels."

Screen specs

Message 1 of 26
Professor

Re: Screen bigger, but resolution worse

jtrue28 wrote:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Apple-iPhone-5-Rumors-wscheats-955528675.html?x=0&.v=1

rumors were correct.

Until Apple officially announces it, they are still just rumors.  Why the need to continue spreading drivel?  We will all know the truth this time tomorrow... just chill out people.

Message 16 of 26
Scholar

The Wall Street Journal goes a long way in my book to believe what they print.

This isn't the New York Times we're talking about.

Message 17 of 26
Expert

Anyone think the antenna issue is going to get fixed?  The bumper cover was a poor excuse, IMO. 

Hope they'll make a new one and not just a rehash of the current model. Smiley Sad 

Definitely needs a bigger screen!

Message 18 of 26
Master

Even if they use the same design as they iPhone 4, they addressed the antenna issue in two ways.  The Verizon versions antenna was changed to not have the issue to the extent as the original version. I would expect this antenna design to be used going forward. (All phones have the issue in one form or another.)  Second was education on how to hold your iPhoneSmiley Tongue

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 19 of 26
Professor

I thought the Verizon phones had slightly different antenna designs due to the CDMA radios, not because they were trying to fix the antenna problem, which according to Apple, never existed.
Message 20 of 26
Master

dwill05 wrote:
I thought the Verizon phones had slightly different antenna designs due to the CDMA radios, not because they were trying to fix the antenna problem, which according to Apple, never existed.

I would say yes and no.  I am no expert in antennas but If I had to guess, it addresses both issues!  iFixit will be able to tell us for sure once they tear it apart.

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Message 21 of 26
Guru

satchev wrote:

jtrue28 wrote:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Apple-iPhone-5-Rumors-wscheats-955528675.html?x=0&.v=1

rumors were correct.

Until Apple officially announces it, they are still just rumors.  Why the need to continue spreading drivel?  We will all know the truth this time tomorrow... just chill out people.

Does it really bother you that much if some folks choose to speculate, to the point that you have to tell them to "chill out"?  Yes, we know that they are rumors--no need for you to keep parrotting the same old "It's not official until/unless Apple announces it" drivel over and over.

Message 22 of 26
Scholar

it actually does bother people i think. along with people who come here and vent about the problems they experience with at&t. why it's such a big problem for people to get things off their chest if they need to is beyond me. it seems like every time i come here there are the same 4 or 5 people that either respond with 'until apple/at&t announce it, it doesn't exist' or 'you should have read your contract/box/website'. telling people that after the fact is simply self aggrandizing. yes, we know it's in the fine print. yes, we know you guys are top notch consumers. you didn't have to make mistakes like these to learn. actually, you guys were born with the knowledge that companies are in business to try and screw people and so you've always protected yourself. one day, if we try really hard, we can be like you guys. for now, we'll just have to band together, a lovable bunch of losers and try to hobble through life without losing our shirt.

thanks for at least letting us hang out here.

Message 23 of 26
Former Community Manager

Gadget geeks or not, I love you all and everyone is welcome. Smiley Very Happy *group hug*

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 24 of 26
Mentor

Same dimensions...Iphone 4S...no 5

Message 25 of 26
Highlighted
Master

jamileh wrote:

Gadget geeks or not, I love you all and everyone is welcome. Smiley Very Happy *group hug*

Right back at Ya!

Message 26 of 26
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support