Saving battery

Mentor

Saving battery

Should battery life increase if you turn off 3G while your not downloading anything or using the net, and use half max brightness.. (I dont really like my itouch or anything full brightness) should i get more battery time than advertised?

Message 1 of 11 (1,002 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Saving battery

I have all the radios on, and backlight at 50%, and I see the battery life they advertise. Unless you have some need to be off charger for 3 days, I'd just leave it on. Are you on the device for 6-8 hours a day?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 11 (964 Views)
Mentor

no not all..lol ill say probably 3hrs max heavy and the rest is just checking facebook..text hear and there

Message 3 of 11 (946 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

bamthechamp wrote:

no not all..lol ill say probably 3hrs max heavy and the rest is just checking facebook..text hear and there

I'll bet you 50 rollover minutes your phone will be at 60-70% battery after 16 hours off charger with that amount of use. Hmm. Ok, to be safe, no less than 50% battery. Don't worry about it, just use it. The battery life is really pretty good.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 11 (923 Views)
Mentor

johninsj wrote:

bamthechamp wrote:

I'll bet you 50 rollover minutes your phone will be at 60-70% battery after 16 hours off charger with that amount of use. Hmm. Ok, to be safe, no less than 50% battery. Don't worry about it, just use it. The battery life is really pretty good.

wow you serious?? that battery can last me a few days then..2 or 3 before completey dead!

Message 5 of 11 (910 Views)
Mentor

bamthechamp wrote:

johninsj wrote:

bamthechamp wrote:

wow you serious?? that battery can last me a few days then..2 or 3 before completey dead!

Yeah it can. Especially for a light user.

Message 6 of 11 (908 Views)
Mentor

if thats light lol..what would be considered heavyy?

Message 7 of 11 (906 Views)
ACE - Professor

heavy would be 3+ hours of talk, 3+ hours of network use (maybe something like three hours of pandora streaming over wifi - or 3g, about the same battery load), and an hour of gaming. You might be able to do that on one charge, but just barely.

Message 8 of 11 (877 Views)
Mentor

johninsj wrote:

heavy would be 3+ hours of talk, 3+ hours of network use (maybe something like three hours of pandora streaming over wifi - or 3g, about the same battery load), and an hour of gaming. You might be able to do that on one charge, but just barely.

thats it is alot

Message 9 of 11 (818 Views)
Explorer

I think the battery is great in the iphone4.  I downloaded a gps golf app friday.  Used the iphone on the golf course yeaterday to get yardage.  At the end of the 18 the phone was at 60%.  I thought it was great!!!

Message 10 of 11 (784 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Some people claim that these things save battery:

• Turning off 3G
  • Lowering the backlight
  • Turning off bluetooth*
  • Turning off WiFi*
  • Turning off Location Services*
  • Turning off Push*

The ones with a '*' next to them, in my opinion, dont save any power at all. Especially if your not using them. In other words, if you are not using a bluetooth device at the moment, I dont think turning it off will save you any noticable amount of power. Especially Push, I dont care what anyone says - how can using a 15 minute fetch save more power then push? Doesnt make any sense to me.

Message 11 of 11 (214 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.