Helpful Links

Samsung galaxy s3 jelly update 4.1.2

Tutor

I have a Samsung galaxy s3, when will Att get jelly bean 4.1.2 update

Message 1 of 150
Scholar

Re: Samsung galaxy s3 jelly update 4.1.2

The it was explained to me it will be 4.2 they're releasing and not 4.1.2. Could be a big part of why it took so long if this is true.
Message 121 of 150
Guru

4.2.2 for the GS3 has been indefinitely delayed by Samsung, due to various issues. If AT&T really decided to forgo 4.1.2 (in spite of what the reps have been posting), then GS3 owners shouldn't expect an update until the end of the year. However, I believe you were given wrong information.
Message 122 of 150
Scholar

I don't think info like that would be written down erroneously in a report, this guy wasn't a csr either. They did say weeks plural. The timeframe would fall within your range of estimate. If everyone else will be farther along why would AT&T risk further customer outrage by only releasing 4.1.2.? It doesn't matter to me as I have an S4 now and rooted my S3. I was just passing along what I learned.
Message 123 of 150
Guru

Archienj7 wrote:
I don't think info like that would be written down erroneously in a report, this guy wasn't a csr either. They did say weeks plural. The timeframe would fall within your range of estimate. If everyone else will be farther along why would AT&T risk further customer outrage by only releasing 4.1.2.? It doesn't matter to me as I have an S4 now and rooted my S3. I was just passing along what I learned.

At this stage of the game, AT&T needs to concentrate on doing damage control, as the fallout from the 4.1.2 fiasco has already done enough to undermine their credibility when it comes to updating flagship devices. In a way, I guess AT&T is already in damage control mode, offering sizeable discounts on upgrades to customers who wouldn't otherwise be eligible. As I've mentioned in the other thread, this is a definite sign that AT&T is aware that it screwed the pooch with this update.

What really surprises me is that this situation is not receiving any coverage at all in the tech blogosphere. AT&T just needs to release 4.1.2 and hope that everyone forgets about this (not likely on both fronts).

Message 124 of 150

I just today wrote something about the 4.1.2 update for the GS3 on AT&T's facebook page and I got a generic response from them saying please stay tuned it is in the works. Lol what a joke.
Message 125 of 150
Scholar

I totally agree. If they would have at least came out and gave a statement, explained what the problem was/is this wouldn't have been so bad. It wasn't hard for me to get the upgrade after I explained that t-mobiles 4.1.2 ported ROM worked fine. (Possible tip for someone). Be polite but firm and explain your concerns and issues then ask if they are offering an upgrade to a secure device. Worked for me and when they finally do get it sorted I still have my s3. It does make a good backup phone and it's kind handy to use up the battery on it surfing the web and such.
Message 126 of 150
Tutor

Here is the truth. I called ATT and they blamed iy on Samsung not sending them the update to be released to their clients. So I contacted Samsung and they told me that they released the update to Samsung and its up to them to nlw to release it to us. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Message 127 of 150
Scholar

This is true. Samsung released it months ago, they always release this info on their product pages so people will know it has been handed off to the carriers.
Message 128 of 150
Highlighted
Teacher

I would kind of like to know myself why AT&T never gets the updates out. Of course my opinion doesn't matter but It's a shame that in order to get the full functionality of you phone that you paid through the nose for, you have to root it and install a 3rd party ROM or switch to a carrier that has the features enabled and unlock the phone and get a new SIM. Why in the world would you disable features that are native to the phone and would actually make it function better. It seems that keeping the customer happy is not really the goal of the company anymore. It's all about money. And that's all it's about. Making the maximum amount of money for the least amount of service. It's the American way! That's why all the really good stuff is only available overseas. I will definately look into a switch once my contract is up. And I will not sign another contract. If they want me as a customer I will go month to month.

Message 129 of 150
Tutor

This is getting ridiculous we need this update..I regret getting an at&t samsung s3 and there stupid bloatware

Message 130 of 150
Mentor

Ok..whatever
Message 131 of 150
Contributor

Do it fast att
Message 132 of 150
Mentor

JohnnyC7 wrote:
<apu voice>Ok..whatever</apu voice>

Smiley Happy

Message 133 of 150
Tutor

everyone the update is available for 4.1.2 OTA now!!

Message 134 of 150
Scholar

Yes got mine downloading NOW 229.89Mb. Must be done while connected to  WiFi.  Will only work on Non-Rooted phone.  Had to return mine to stock via Kies first before download.  Enjoy!!!!

Message 135 of 150
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support