How about an ETA?
Message 106 of 150 (3,827 Views)
Scholar

Re: Samsung galaxy s3 jelly update 4.1.2

A real one.
Message 107 of 150 (3,828 Views)
Scholar

here is the eta you want.   It will be out sometime between now and july 30th.....    2016

Message 108 of 150 (3,670 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

True that
Message 109 of 150 (3,551 Views)
Mentor

like i mention before the reason att is not releasing the update is because they want to add their bloatware on the firmware.samsung release the update months back to every carrier in u.s.a and canada is the same firmware for every carrier the difference is the bloatware nothing else.for some reason att is having problems with their bloatware and the firmware is not working well with it that's why.if they stop adding crap to the updates maybe by now we could of been running 4.2.2 instead of an outdated 4.1.2 if one day they release it.
honestly more than 96% of us won't and will never use any of the crap att is adding to the firmware.the only thing that comes out of that crap is many bugs.
it would of been way better if samsung supply the updates to their handsets instead of the carrier everything would be smooth easy may maybe bugs free.
Message 110 of 150 (3,544 Views)
Tutor

Agree to every word, I think that's another reason people get iPhones, no bloatware/cr*pware and Apple handles the updates.
Message 111 of 150 (3,494 Views)
Scholar

At&t is working closely with Samsung to lock your bootloader in the coming weeks. I heard the new update for the s 4 locks the bootloader so custom ROM's will no longer be an option, and wonder if that is why it is taking so long. If at&t locks the bootloader on this phone I will definitely be staying on custom firmware so I don't have to rely on at&t to get all of the security flaws patched when they find them.
Message 112 of 150 (3,467 Views)
Teacher

I agree 100%
Message 113 of 150 (3,468 Views)
Tutor

So maybe I should root it now, instead of waiting for their update because then they will take away the option
Message 114 of 150 (3,400 Views)
Tutor

Just yesterday I called at&t customer service. No news on jelly bean 4.2.1 for my galaxys s3. They offered me an upgrade for 200 for the galaxy s4. So let me get this right you want me to pay 200 for features that every other carrier has on their galaxy s3. Lol. To think ive been with them since 05 always upgrade bill is always paid on time. Yet I get the run around. If I gave them a run around in paying my bill. They would have no problem turning off my service and hitting me with early termination fees. So I decided today to call the BBB which took about 7 min to report them. Since every carrier has the updat but us. Thank you at&t for showing your true colors 

Message 115 of 150 (3,379 Views)
Teacher

I will do the same.
I am with at&t since 1999,( the old tdma phones)
I am very disappointed.
Message 116 of 150 (3,378 Views)
Scholar

CSPIRE released it last week!  BBB and FTC complaints filed!

ATTJulieCS wrote:

AT&T is still working with Samsung to make its Premium Suite with Jelly Bean 4.1.2 available in the coming weeks. We appreciate your interest and ask for your continued patience.

Message 117 of 150 (3,337 Views)
Tutor

It is going to really suck if they don't bring some of the Premium Suite features with the update, if it ever comes
Message 118 of 150 (3,267 Views)
Scholar

Samsung has nothing to do with AT&T releasing the update. It's all on AT&T. I read somewhere from a Samsung csr that they have nothing to do with the update, thus meaning that it's all a big lie.

@ julieCS by the way I couldn't help but notice that your profile picture is the Canadian flag. From this point on I'm gonna assume that you are from Canada (duhh) and I wanted to ask you something. How is the galaxy s3 (sgh-i747M) working in Canada? I thought it was the same device hardware and all. And guess what? It's running on 4.1.2.. So all that "testing" is just a big fat scam. Sgh-i747 and Sgh-i747M are the same phones, and AT&T needs all that "testing" when the Canadian version didn't? Tsk tsk tsk more lies. how can two devices be the same and such a big carrier needs so much testing?
Message 119 of 150 (3,225 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

Let me get this straight your releasing 4.1.2 when this month 4.2.2 is released for all the other carriers dont tell me we have to wait till 2014

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 120 of 150 (3,169 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.