Samsung galaxy s3 jelly update 4.1.2

Tutor

Samsung galaxy s3 jelly update 4.1.2

I have a Samsung galaxy s3, when will Att get jelly bean 4.1.2 update

Message 1 of 150 (29,815 Views)
Guru

Re: Samsung galaxy s3 jelly update 4.1.2

s.m.knipe wrote:

You want to know what is really sad and twisted about this scenario?  AT&T will drive people into forking out the cash up front for unlocked/unbranded phones just so they receive their software updates in a reasonable/realistic/relevant timeframe, which will hurt AT&T branded phone sales, which will hurt AT&T's bottom line, so AT&T will raise miscellaneous fees on everyone to make up the difference.  

In short, they will tax you for their own incompetence. 

If that happens, I'll start looking at T-Mobile again!

However, keep in mind that if people stop purchasing AT&T devices, AT&T will no longer have to subsidize devices for those people, yet still charge them the same monthly rates. The trade-off for us is that we no longer have to sign contracts. Also, unlocked/unbranded devices, particularly ones with stock Android, seem to have a much higher resale value than their carrier counterparts. I recently sold my Galaxy Nexus, a phone that was $300 brand new via Google Play, for $250. In other words, use the device for a year, sell it and use the gains to subsidize the cost of a new device.

Message 91 of 150 (6,349 Views)
Explorer

Not true. I had the samsung s3 thru verizon and left due to poor voice coverage. And my phone had 4.1.2 and an update went to the phone that gave actually dual window and neat gallary changes where u can view ur photos in spiral or rolodex view to see ahead what u r looking for. Pretty cool.
Message 92 of 150 (6,094 Views)
Scholar

So the S4 is already on 4.3 according to sammobile, and we're stuck waiting for the 4.1.2??? At&t you truly suck.
Message 93 of 150 (5,601 Views)
Guru

@carlosbuka:

The 4.3 for GS4 Google Edition leaked. This version hasn't even been announced by Google. The carrier variant of GS4 is still on 4.2.2.
Message 94 of 150 (5,575 Views)
Scholar

It's still two we haven't gotten yet while other's have. Lol

Message 95 of 150 (5,027 Views)
Contributor

So after reading the majority of posts on this topic - everyone with a GS3 and AT&T are stuck with 4.1.1 still?!  My phone has significantly gotten slower and not having the update is ridiculous... I've had this phone for almost a year. Is anyone else having system slowdowns and freezes with their phone because it's not updated?  PS Kies does suck!

Message 96 of 150 (4,535 Views)
Scholar

It does suck.
Message 97 of 150 (4,383 Views)
Mentor

Kies is terrible and yes, my phone freezes occasionally requiring a battery pull to get it going again.
Message 98 of 150 (4,363 Views)
Mentor

att will never realase an update our only option is to root our phones and install the t-mobile version of 4.1.2 portted for att phones i did and works perfect the multiwindows if awsome and the update is flawless.head over to xda developers forums and check out the deTmobilized rom for att s3.

Message 99 of 150 (4,189 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Or from the Sgh-i747M which is basically the same phone.
Message 100 of 150 (4,072 Views)
Community Support

AT&T is still working with Samsung to make its Premium Suite with Jelly Bean 4.1.2 available in the coming weeks. We appreciate your interest and ask for your continued patience.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 101 of 150 (3,900 Views)
Teacher

All the others wireless companies already have it.
Why is taking so long for at&t to give us this update?
They want all of us to buy the Samsung s4 I guess.
Message 102 of 150 (3,896 Views)
Teacher

All the others wireless companies already have it.
Why is taking so long for at&t to give us this update?
They want us to upgrade to Samsung s4 I guess.
Message 103 of 150 (3,896 Views)
Tutor

Not all of us are confident enough to root our phones, yeah there are guides but the risk of bricking the phone, Finally a response about the update but of course "working to release it"
Message 104 of 150 (3,869 Views)
Scholar

LIE....samsung reps has told many of us that the update is in At&t hands. They have no matter in this. So that at&t is working with Samsung it's not true.
Message 105 of 150 (3,843 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.