Samsung galaxy s3 jelly update 4.1.2

Tutor

Samsung galaxy s3 jelly update 4.1.2

I have a Samsung galaxy s3, when will Att get jelly bean 4.1.2 update

Message 1 of 150 (29,784 Views)
Guru

Re: Samsung galaxy s3 jelly update 4.1.2

Mark007M wrote:
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/479149/20130615/samsung-galaxy-s3-note-2-official-android.htm

See

The answer is obvious. We need to stop buying carrier-branded/OEM-skinned devices and opt instead for the Nexus or Google Editions. The only we will ever receive timely updates is if the carriers and manufacturers are eliminated from the update process.

Message 76 of 150 (4,350 Views)
Teacher

Me too.
I have been AT&T customer for over 10 years and next year is over.
Message 77 of 150 (4,314 Views)
Teacher

I agree 100 percent.
Message 78 of 150 (4,309 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

ATTDelia wrote:

Hello everyone and thank you for your posts.

The Jelly Bean 4.1.1 was made available to our Samsung Galaxy SIII customers on December 4, 2012 via Samsung Kies and on January 15, 2013 via FOTA (Firmware over the air). More info is available at: How-To Tutorials from AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S III (i747): Upgrade Device Software: OS 4.1 Support

AT&T is currently working with Samsung to make its Premium Suite with Jelly Bean 4.1.2 available as soon as possible. We appreciate your interest and ask for your continued patience.

@ATTDelia: No offense...we don't care about when 4.1.1 was released and the channels it went through.  We are wanting to know about 4.1.2. 

The only answers we ever get is that AT&T is working with Samsung.  What is the hold up?  Every U.S. carrier, both big, medium, and small has released at least 4.1.2 and many have included Premium Suite...except AT&T.  This tells me that there are some EXCEPTIONALLY INCOMPETENT people working at AT&T since the 4.1.2 update for the S3 has been on other carriers' S3 models at least a month.  I have not had one rep from AT&T give any acceptable response.  You act as if what you stated is enough but you cannot even fathom the level of disgruntlement we are experiencing.  How is it that you can release updates to 4.1.2 for old generation phones (NOTE and Galaxy S2 line) but not for one of your latest and greatest?  Even your latest and greatest got the updates to 4.1.2 or 4.2...except for the S3.  Are you really so much of a robot reading from script that you think a simple answer like the one you gave is sufficient?  Please get someone who actually knows what is going on to answer our questions and quit throwing us useless words.

Message 79 of 150 (4,124 Views)
Scholar

I totally agree. Check this out you might find it funny.

http://dreamzcast.com/post/1005928126/this-is-so-true-at-t-sucks
Message 80 of 150 (4,008 Views)
Tutor

That website doesn't work. I wish I could find it funny!
Message 81 of 150 (3,807 Views)
Scholar

Really??? It works for me just fine. Bummer Smiley Sad
Message 82 of 150 (3,643 Views)
Teacher

If you are happy with less than you should have,
Enjoy!!!
Message 83 of 150 (3,612 Views)
Mentor

I have to say, I was a little shocked today to see a coworker's metroPCS gs3 with 4.1.2, lte and only paying $60 a month. I pay $110 for 4gb data and don't get lte in Manteca Ca where we work.
Message 84 of 150 (3,566 Views)
Scholar

I meant the link I posted previously. Please read.
Message 85 of 150 (3,561 Views)
Teacher

I agree
Message 86 of 150 (3,548 Views)
Scholar

I found this site with yesterdays date. Has anyone tried it??? I did and nothing.

Message 87 of 150 (3,374 Views)
Guru

@carlosbuka:

That's a Canadian website (*.ca domain extension), so it's intended for the Canadian variant. The model number happens to be the same, as it's the same phone in terms of hardware.
Message 88 of 150 (3,360 Views)
Teacher

I think this is my last carrier branded phone, expecially with the new Nexus device coming out and also the Galaxy S 4 and HTC One variants with stock Android.  So when Google puts their updates out once or twice a year we will also ge the current update.

Message 89 of 150 (3,341 Views)
Scholar

You want to know what is really sad and twisted about this scenario?  AT&T will drive people into forking out the cash up front for unlocked/unbranded phones just so they receive their software updates in a reasonable/realistic/relevant timeframe, which will hurt AT&T branded phone sales, which will hurt AT&T's bottom line, so AT&T will raise miscellaneous fees on everyone to make up the difference.  

In short, they will tax you for their own incompetence. 

Message 90 of 150 (3,154 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.