Samsung galaxy s3 jelly update 4.1.2

Tutor

Samsung galaxy s3 jelly update 4.1.2

I have a Samsung galaxy s3, when will Att get jelly bean 4.1.2 update

Message 1 of 150 (29,816 Views)
Scholar

Re: Samsung galaxy s3 jelly update 4.1.2

That is the Update that came out last week for the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-727.  Not for S3

Message 46 of 150 (27,349 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

It is poor service when you have to root to update your phone's OS. It fixes a few problems is what is so bad about it. Yet they throw out the onr we should be getting for the last model. Lol Classic AT&T, classic.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 47 of 150 (27,218 Views)
Contributor

@kamo0132: Which ROM are you using?
Message 48 of 150 (26,795 Views)
Tutor

It would be nice to have some information from AT&T about the updates. The S4 is now released so I would expect something from this company. All of the other carriers have already provided this for their customers. You can release a flagship phone that is new, innovative and everyone wants, but by inaction for your current customers you will lose them and you will push customers to the other carriers. I would like to hear something from a company representative. 

Message 49 of 150 (26,685 Views)
Guru

ahha1991 wrote:

It would be nice to have some information from AT&T about the updates. The S4 is now released so I would expect something from this company. All of the other carriers have already provided this for their customers. You can release a flagship phone that is new, innovative and everyone wants, but by inaction for your current customers you will lose them and you will push customers to the other carriers. I would like to hear something from a company representative. 

Unfortunately, the most a company representative will tell you is "At this time, I have no information regarding this update". As silly as it sounds, it's the truth. Carriers don't make their frontline reps privy to this information.

Message 50 of 150 (26,662 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

I've been with AT&T for a few years now and I must say that when it comes to updates they suck! Just saying. We would like to hear something from an actual AT&T rep.

Message 51 of 150 (26,573 Views)
Mentor

The T-mobile update for their GSIII today included multi-view...

Figures.
Message 52 of 150 (25,436 Views)
Scholar

I thought they had already updated theirs. Oh well, at least we can be totally sure EVERY U.S. carrier has now updated it but AT&T. They must not be able to figure it out and it speaks volumes on the dev's level of "talent". How embarrasing it must be.
Message 53 of 150 (25,349 Views)
Guru

T-Mobile updated theirs a while ago. Today, they rolled out the multi view update.
Message 54 of 150 (25,333 Views)
Guru

[ Edited ]

A public service announcement for those who are interested in rooting: a stock AT&T rom based on T-Mobile's update has been released on a known rooting/hacking website. It features the Premium Suite that T-Mobile rolled out yesterday and supposedly works perfectly, since the hardware of the T-Mobile version is pretty much identical to AT&T's.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 55 of 150 (25,085 Views)
Scholar

STILL NO UPDATE Smiley Mad

Message 56 of 150 (20,072 Views)
Tutor

man this is why I rooted/bricked my phone, now i have to wait -_-
Message 57 of 150 (20,011 Views)
Explorer

Its extremely hard to brick an android it can be done but its hard to do. if ur phone turns on and does a boot loop its not bricked its a soft brick which is fixable trust me i did that to my HTC Inspire. As far as the ROM thing there is an awesome one by cynergy that has the multiwindow and some other cool things and it is all packaged in the Touch Wiz interface that we all love from Samsung.

Message 58 of 150 (19,863 Views)
Mentor

Quickly getting frustrated AT&T.
Message 59 of 150 (18,312 Views)
Teacher

I'm so tired of patiently waiting for AT&T to roll out this update, it's June 2013 now and they haven't even announced any information. So much for your previous flagship phone to cut off support. Don't you worry AT&T, once my contract's up you will be abandoned by me, my family, and my colleagues.
Message 60 of 150 (17,912 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.