View all replies
(149)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2013 6:39:26 AM
(0)
Teacher

Just another frustrated customer. I'm thinking this is my last contract as well. I am so headed to Verizon if AT&T doesn't speed things up with the updates. 

Just another frustrated customer. I'm thinking this is my last contract as well. I am so headed to Verizon if AT&T doesn't speed things up with the updates. 

Re: Samsung galaxy s3 jelly update 4.1.2

31 of 150 (28,709 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2013 4:32:28 PM
(0)
Mentor

I have to say you will be frustrated no matter where you go. Sometimes it Verzion that is last as they were with 4.1.1 and sometimes it is ATT. If you want the latest, root your phone and go with Cyanogen. 

ATT will have 4.1.2 eventually.

I have to say you will be frustrated no matter where you go. Sometimes it Verzion that is last as they were with 4.1.1 and sometimes it is ATT. If you want the latest, root your phone and go with Cyanogen. 

ATT will have 4.1.2 eventually.

32 of 150 (28,573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2013 6:01:47 PM
(0)
Teacher

me to. im already rooted thinking about the 4.2.1 custom rom >Smiley Very Happy

me to. im already rooted thinking about the 4.2.1 custom rom >Smiley Very Happy

33 of 150 (28,378 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2013 6:24:21 PM
(0)
Teacher

they could atleast make the 4.1.2 available through kies!?

they could atleast make the 4.1.2 available through kies!?

34 of 150 (28,365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2013 5:56:30 PM
(0)
Mentor

That would be nice but the delay has nothing at all to do with Samsung. This is purely AT&T dragging their feet. Cricket of all carriers will be getting the update next week and AT&T still hasn't mentioned anything about it. SAD

That would be nice but the delay has nothing at all to do with Samsung. This is purely AT&T dragging their feet. Cricket of all carriers will be getting the update next week and AT&T still hasn't mentioned anything about it. SAD

35 of 150 (28,257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2013 6:33:48 PM
(0)
Mentor
Kies works for you???
I think I've gotten it to work twice since November. Worst software I've ever tried to use, and that goes back a lot of years. LoL!
Kies works for you???
I think I've gotten it to work twice since November. Worst software I've ever tried to use, and that goes back a lot of years. LoL!

36 of 150 (28,233 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2013 7:55:43 AM
(0)
Mentor
I just read this morning that the GS2 on tmobile is available 4.1.2 today!!!!!
LoL@att!
http://www.tmonews.com/2013/04/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-now-available/?ut...

37 of 150 (27,798 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2013 11:59:41 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Phil-101 on Apr 10, 2013 at 1:00:57 PM

Conversation with rep on chat today.  This could be good news!!!!

Thank you for your patience!  Your AT&T Representative will be with you shortly.

Welcome!  You are now chatting with 'Tren '

Kory: hello

Tren : Hello, Thank you for contacting AT&T wireless technical chat, Please allow me a few moments to review your inquiry, as well as access your account. Thank you Smiley Happy

Tren : I see you have question about your S III is that correct?

Kory: correct

Kory: I have a question about updates'

Tren : Alright what questions do you have.

Kory: When will the 4.1.2 update become available for download?

Tren : It already is available however not all phones have received it yet, it is being rolled out to make sure there are no bugs with it however you can always check for new software/firmware by going to Settings>about device>sofware update.

Kory: I have done this.  I know that it is available on the galasy SII but when will it be available for the SIII?

Kory: All other carriers have pushed the update out to there S III phones.  AT&T has not done this yet.

Tren : Please allow me a few moments to check just a few things thank you.

Kory: ok

Tren : No problem thank you for your patience. through this.

Kory: Any luck?

Tren : Is your phone currently on?

Kory: yes

Tren : and at the main screen Kory.

Tren : Alright can you please turn it off then on?

Kory: powering down

Kory: ok powered off

Tren : Alright and please let me know when its back on.

Kory: waiting for it to cycle on again

Tren : Alright great thank yo.

Tren : you*

Kory: ok powered back on and at main screen now

Kory: what now?

Tren : Alright I tried sending it to your phone, and it isnt allowing it to go through.

Tren : I'm trying one more thing.

Kory: i guess i shoudl tell you that I am using the phone with phone number 419-554-0822

Kory: if that helps

Tren : No problem I was doing it for the S III

Kory: we have 2 of them.  LOL

Tren : No problem I double checked and I was doing it on the correct line.

Kory: so is it showing the update as being available for the sIII?

Tren : Not for this particular phone, it is rolled out but depending on your area, and the Mobile equipment ID, its not available to all phones yet but it has been started, it can take fully up to 1 month.

Tren : But it was started, 03/13/2013 so You should be receiving it very soon. But this device wont allow it yet.

Tren : when I tried sending ti.

Tren : it*.

Kory: but it was released for the s3?

Kory: or just released in general?

Kory: no where on line does it show that any AT&T GSIII has receieved the update

Kory: just previous models

Tren : It has been made available for the S III as well.

Kory: so I should see it in the next week?

Tren : Within the next week, But it should have a notification, when it becomes available as long as you have service when it gets released.

Kory: Thanks you for your time.

Tren : No problem was there anything else I could assist you with today?

Kory: Not today.

Tren : Thank you for Chatting in today, I hope you have a great evening Remember you can always visit, us at www.att.com/wireless You can close this chat by clicking the Red "X" at the top of your screen.

[edited for privacy]

Conversation with rep on chat today.  This could be good news!!!!

Thank you for your patience!  Your AT&T Representative will be with you shortly.

Welcome!  You are now chatting with 'Tren '

Kory: hello

Tren : Hello, Thank you for contacting AT&T wireless technical chat, Please allow me a few moments to review your inquiry, as well as access your account. Thank you Smiley Happy

Tren : I see you have question about your S III is that correct?

Kory: correct

Kory: I have a question about updates'

Tren : Alright what questions do you have.

Kory: When will the 4.1.2 update become available for download?

Tren : It already is available however not all phones have received it yet, it is being rolled out to make sure there are no bugs with it however you can always check for new software/firmware by going to Settings>about device>sofware update.

Kory: I have done this.  I know that it is available on the galasy SII but when will it be available for the SIII?

Kory: All other carriers have pushed the update out to there S III phones.  AT&T has not done this yet.

Tren : Please allow me a few moments to check just a few things thank you.

Tren : No problem thank you for your patience. through this.

Kory: Any luck?

Tren : Is your phone currently on?

Tren : and at the main screen Kory.

Tren : Alright can you please turn it off then on?

Kory: powering down

Kory: ok powered off

Tren : Alright and please let me know when its back on.

Kory: waiting for it to cycle on again

Tren : Alright great thank yo.

Tren : you*

Kory: ok powered back on and at main screen now

Kory: what now?

Tren : Alright I tried sending it to your phone, and it isnt allowing it to go through.

Tren : I'm trying one more thing.

Kory: i guess i shoudl tell you that I am using the phone with phone number 419-554-0822

Kory: if that helps

Tren : No problem I was doing it for the S III

Kory: we have 2 of them.  LOL

Tren : No problem I double checked and I was doing it on the correct line.

Kory: so is it showing the update as being available for the sIII?

Tren : Not for this particular phone, it is rolled out but depending on your area, and the Mobile equipment ID, its not available to all phones yet but it has been started, it can take fully up to 1 month.

Tren : But it was started, 03/13/2013 so You should be receiving it very soon. But this device wont allow it yet.

Tren : when I tried sending ti.

Tren : it*.

Kory: but it was released for the s3?

Kory: or just released in general?

Kory: no where on line does it show that any AT&T GSIII has receieved the update

Kory: just previous models

Tren : It has been made available for the S III as well.

Kory: so I should see it in the next week?

Tren : Within the next week, But it should have a notification, when it becomes available as long as you have service when it gets released.

Kory: Thanks you for your time.

Tren : No problem was there anything else I could assist you with today?

Kory: Not today.

Tren : Thank you for Chatting in today, I hope you have a great evening Remember you can always visit, us at www.att.com/wireless You can close this chat by clicking the Red "X" at the top of your screen.

[edited for privacy]

[ Edited ]
38 of 150 (27,669 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2013 12:28:22 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Phil-101 on Apr 10, 2013 at 12:58:59 PM

Update.

According to Samsung (5 minutes ago), the update has yet to be released.  So I don't know if Samsung rep is wrong (unlikely) or if AT&T rep is blowing smoke.  They need to get their act together.  A flagship phone should not have to wait this long for an update that all others are getting already.  Its pretty sad when the GSII is getting the update before the GSIII.  What a waste AT&T.

[Inappropriate content removed]

Update.

According to Samsung (5 minutes ago), the update has yet to be released.  So I don't know if Samsung rep is wrong (unlikely) or if AT&T rep is blowing smoke.  They need to get their act together.  A flagship phone should not have to wait this long for an update that all others are getting already.  Its pretty sad when the GSII is getting the update before the GSIII.  What a waste AT&T.

[Inappropriate content removed]

[ Edited ]
39 of 150 (27,646 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2013 1:35:46 PM
(0)
Mentor
I read today that 4.1.2 is available for the Galaxy SII Skyrocket on at&t via kies.
I am disappointed....
I read today that 4.1.2 is available for the Galaxy SII Skyrocket on at&t via kies.
I am disappointed....

40 of 150 (27,597 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2013 9:26:22 AM
(0)
Mentor

Does he have the correct phone model? I know it was stated many times that it was SIII and Tren agreed. If 4.1.2 was available since 3/13 or so the version whould have been posted online by now.

Something does not make sense here.

Mike

Does he have the correct phone model? I know it was stated many times that it was SIII and Tren agreed. If 4.1.2 was available since 3/13 or so the version whould have been posted online by now.

Something does not make sense here.

Mike

41 of 150 (27,377 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2013 10:26:20 AM
(0)
Teacher

One would think so.  I am just sick of AT&T always being behind the pack when it comes to updates.  I understand that they like to have their bloatware installed on the phones and that they want to make certain that the new software works with their bloatware but come on.  Maybe they should take a good long look at how many peolpe actually use the bloated apps that they preinstall.  I mean, who the heck uses AT&T Navigator when there are far better (and free) options available?  They claim to be all about new technology and yet they sit the bench every time an update comes out.  When they finally updated the HTC Inspire it was with software that was already outdated.

One would think so.  I am just sick of AT&T always being behind the pack when it comes to updates.  I understand that they like to have their bloatware installed on the phones and that they want to make certain that the new software works with their bloatware but come on.  Maybe they should take a good long look at how many peolpe actually use the bloated apps that they preinstall.  I mean, who the heck uses AT&T Navigator when there are far better (and free) options available?  They claim to be all about new technology and yet they sit the bench every time an update comes out.  When they finally updated the HTC Inspire it was with software that was already outdated.

42 of 150 (27,364 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2013 10:36:35 AM
(0)
Mentor
Agreed. I use the myAT&T app and that's it! I've never even opened the other ones and have hidden them altogether. Likewise with most of the Samsung apps. AT&T is lucky they have great coverage in my area or I wouldn't have switched from tmobile.
I'll be taking a hard look at the next nexus device. Hopefully it's made by HTC or Samsung.
Agreed. I use the myAT&T app and that's it! I've never even opened the other ones and have hidden them altogether. Likewise with most of the Samsung apps. AT&T is lucky they have great coverage in my area or I wouldn't have switched from tmobile.
I'll be taking a hard look at the next nexus device. Hopefully it's made by HTC or Samsung.

43 of 150 (27,359 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2013 11:23:59 AM
(0)
Mentor

Many people dont use the ATT software, but for those that do (and there are people) it is revenue for ATT. Dont forget it is all about making money.

ATT has no incentive to update OS'. Just think of all the calls to the call center for the reps to handle because people did not install the OS correctly or something went wrong.

Also, most people dont do the install of a new OS especially if its only available thru Kies.  Most people dont care if they are running 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 or 4.2 for that matter. For those that really do care root their phone and instal CM 10.

ATT is not the last one in all cases. For 4.1.2 yes they are but for 4.1.1 Verizon was last.

Mike

Many people dont use the ATT software, but for those that do (and there are people) it is revenue for ATT. Dont forget it is all about making money.

ATT has no incentive to update OS'. Just think of all the calls to the call center for the reps to handle because people did not install the OS correctly or something went wrong.

Also, most people dont do the install of a new OS especially if its only available thru Kies.  Most people dont care if they are running 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 or 4.2 for that matter. For those that really do care root their phone and instal CM 10.

ATT is not the last one in all cases. For 4.1.2 yes they are but for 4.1.1 Verizon was last.

Mike

44 of 150 (27,352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2013 11:14:57 AM
(0)
Teacher

Mike,

That's true that it is all about money but how much would they lose if people started to jump ship over their lack of appreciation for technology driven customers?  And the calls to the call center will happen regardless of OS updates.  I can't imagine that they pay a whole lot to the foreign workers that are answering the phones.  When a company releases a flagship phone, customers expect to receive flagship service on that device.  Dont take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you are a little too close to AT&T to see see the big picture.  I will most likely never change carriers due to the fact that I do get exceptional reception over all other carriers in my area.  Reception, however, has nothing to do with product upkeep.  Hopefully AT&T will get this OS update out soon but it is not this update alone that is so frustrating.  It is their lack of urgency in most manners of technology upgrades.  Yes they came out with the iphone first but how long can they live off that legend? 

Mike,

That's true that it is all about money but how much would they lose if people started to jump ship over their lack of appreciation for technology driven customers?  And the calls to the call center will happen regardless of OS updates.  I can't imagine that they pay a whole lot to the foreign workers that are answering the phones.  When a company releases a flagship phone, customers expect to receive flagship service on that device.  Dont take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you are a little too close to AT&T to see see the big picture.  I will most likely never change carriers due to the fact that I do get exceptional reception over all other carriers in my area.  Reception, however, has nothing to do with product upkeep.  Hopefully AT&T will get this OS update out soon but it is not this update alone that is so frustrating.  It is their lack of urgency in most manners of technology upgrades.  Yes they came out with the iphone first but how long can they live off that legend? 

45 of 150 (27,197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2013 7:54:57 AM
(0)
Scholar

That is the Update that came out last week for the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-727.  Not for S3

That is the Update that came out last week for the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-727.  Not for S3

46 of 150 (26,902 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 5:45:29 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Phil-101 on Apr 17, 2013 at 7:40:23 PM

It is poor service when you have to root to update your phone's OS. It fixes a few problems is what is so bad about it. Yet they throw out the onr we should be getting for the last model. Lol Classic AT&T, classic.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

It is poor service when you have to root to update your phone's OS. It fixes a few problems is what is so bad about it. Yet they throw out the onr we should be getting for the last model. Lol Classic AT&T, classic.

[ Edited ]
47 of 150 (26,771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2013 9:50:47 AM
(0)
Contributor
@kamo0132: Which ROM are you using?
@kamo0132: Which ROM are you using?

48 of 150 (26,348 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2013 8:23:18 AM
(0)
Tutor

It would be nice to have some information from AT&T about the updates. The S4 is now released so I would expect something from this company. All of the other carriers have already provided this for their customers. You can release a flagship phone that is new, innovative and everyone wants, but by inaction for your current customers you will lose them and you will push customers to the other carriers. I would like to hear something from a company representative. 

It would be nice to have some information from AT&T about the updates. The S4 is now released so I would expect something from this company. All of the other carriers have already provided this for their customers. You can release a flagship phone that is new, innovative and everyone wants, but by inaction for your current customers you will lose them and you will push customers to the other carriers. I would like to hear something from a company representative. 

49 of 150 (26,238 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2013 12:22:31 PM
(0)
Guru

ahha1991 wrote:

Unfortunately, the most a company representative will tell you is "At this time, I have no information regarding this update". As silly as it sounds, it's the truth. Carriers don't make their frontline reps privy to this information.

ahha1991 wrote:

Unfortunately, the most a company representative will tell you is "At this time, I have no information regarding this update". As silly as it sounds, it's the truth. Carriers don't make their frontline reps privy to this information.

50 of 150 (26,215 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2013 10:30:43 AM
(0)
Scholar

I've been with AT&T for a few years now and I must say that when it comes to updates they suck! Just saying. We would like to hear something from an actual AT&T rep.

I've been with AT&T for a few years now and I must say that when it comes to updates they suck! Just saying. We would like to hear something from an actual AT&T rep.

51 of 150 (26,126 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2013 12:17:29 PM
(0)
Mentor
The T-mobile update for their GSIII today included multi-view...

Figures.
The T-mobile update for their GSIII today included multi-view...

Figures.

52 of 150 (24,989 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2013 4:30:14 PM
(0)
Scholar
I thought they had already updated theirs. Oh well, at least we can be totally sure EVERY U.S. carrier has now updated it but AT&T. They must not be able to figure it out and it speaks volumes on the dev's level of "talent". How embarrasing it must be.
I thought they had already updated theirs. Oh well, at least we can be totally sure EVERY U.S. carrier has now updated it but AT&T. They must not be able to figure it out and it speaks volumes on the dev's level of "talent". How embarrasing it must be.

53 of 150 (24,902 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2013 5:25:34 PM
(0)
Guru
T-Mobile updated theirs a while ago. Today, they rolled out the multi view update.
T-Mobile updated theirs a while ago. Today, they rolled out the multi view update.

54 of 150 (24,886 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2013 1:12:38 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by Phil-101 on May 14, 2013 at 1:14:38 PM

A public service announcement for those who are interested in rooting: a stock AT&T rom based on T-Mobile's update has been released on a known rooting/hacking website. It features the Premium Suite that T-Mobile rolled out yesterday and supposedly works perfectly, since the hardware of the T-Mobile version is pretty much identical to AT&T's.

A public service announcement for those who are interested in rooting: a stock AT&T rom based on T-Mobile's update has been released on a known rooting/hacking website. It features the Premium Suite that T-Mobile rolled out yesterday and supposedly works perfectly, since the hardware of the T-Mobile version is pretty much identical to AT&T's.

[ Edited ]
55 of 150 (24,638 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2013 11:38:18 AM
(0)
Scholar

STILL NO UPDATE Smiley Mad

STILL NO UPDATE Smiley Mad

56 of 150 (19,625 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2013 2:34:36 PM
(0)
Tutor
man this is why I rooted/bricked my phone, now i have to wait -_-
man this is why I rooted/bricked my phone, now i have to wait -_-

57 of 150 (19,564 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2013 12:35:09 AM
(0)
Explorer

Its extremely hard to brick an android it can be done but its hard to do. if ur phone turns on and does a boot loop its not bricked its a soft brick which is fixable trust me i did that to my HTC Inspire. As far as the ROM thing there is an awesome one by cynergy that has the multiwindow and some other cool things and it is all packaged in the Touch Wiz interface that we all love from Samsung.

Its extremely hard to brick an android it can be done but its hard to do. if ur phone turns on and does a boot loop its not bricked its a soft brick which is fixable trust me i did that to my HTC Inspire. As far as the ROM thing there is an awesome one by cynergy that has the multiwindow and some other cool things and it is all packaged in the Touch Wiz interface that we all love from Samsung.

58 of 150 (19,416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 3:11:46 PM
(0)
Mentor
Quickly getting frustrated AT&T.
Quickly getting frustrated AT&T.

59 of 150 (17,865 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2013 9:08:49 PM
(0)
Teacher
I'm so tired of patiently waiting for AT&T to roll out this update, it's June 2013 now and they haven't even announced any information. So much for your previous flagship phone to cut off support. Don't you worry AT&T, once my contract's up you will be abandoned by me, my family, and my colleagues.
I'm so tired of patiently waiting for AT&T to roll out this update, it's June 2013 now and they haven't even announced any information. So much for your previous flagship phone to cut off support. Don't you worry AT&T, once my contract's up you will be abandoned by me, my family, and my colleagues.

60 of 150 (17,465 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments