Wireless Forums

Posted Aug 11, 2010
7:24:41 AM
View profile
Samsung a177 unlock

Recently (June) I bought a AT&T gophone, Samsung A177, on a trip to the USA. My intention was using it during my trip and gifiting it to my sister in law upon my return to Brazil. The problem is there is no one here who knows how to unlock this phone model here. I checked the internet and all sites say I need a unlock code provided by AT&T or the manufacturer. I tried to contact Samsung, but they said only AT&T can provide me with this code.  Now, all contacts that AT&T provides are by phone, wich aren´t really a viable option for me, since they are all 1-800 USA based numbers. Can AT&T provide me this code or a e-mail contact to someone who can help me solve this problem? 

-Thanks

Recently (June) I bought a AT&T gophone, Samsung A177, on a trip to the USA. My intention was using it during my trip and gifiting it to my sister in law upon my return to Brazil. The problem is there is no one here who knows how to unlock this phone model here. I checked the internet and all sites say I need a unlock code provided by AT&T or the manufacturer. I tried to contact Samsung, but they said only AT&T can provide me with this code.  Now, all contacts that AT&T provides are by phone, wich aren´t really a viable option for me, since they are all 1-800 USA based numbers. Can AT&T provide me this code or a e-mail contact to someone who can help me solve this problem? 

-Thanks

Samsung a177 unlock

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2010 7:23:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same problem. I can't unlock it here in Brazil. Can you send us an unlock code?

I have the same problem. I can't unlock it here in Brazil. Can you send us an unlock code?

Re: Samsung a177 unlock

2 of 5 (1,659 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2011 11:37:43 AM
(0)
Former Moderator
Moved to the Spanish forum for better exposure

3 of 5 (1,252 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2011 6:34:22 AM
(0)
Contributor

Re: Samsung a777

4 of 5 (1,220 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2011 8:20:49 AM
(0)

Just to inform you guys, I managed to unlock my phone at at the Florida Mall, in Orlando. Unless you buy an code from the internet or find a place that can unlock it for you, you are gonna get stuck with a locked phone forever. Don´t expect any help or simpathy from at&t. You wont get any.

It´s incredible tha a company this size doesn´t even have a contact e-mail for people outside USA to comunicate.

So, here you have it:

-at&t will not give you the code;

-the code is up for sale on the internet;

-you will not get it for free anywhere.

Good luck!

Just to inform you guys, I managed to unlock my phone at at the Florida Mall, in Orlando. Unless you buy an code from the internet or find a place that can unlock it for you, you are gonna get stuck with a locked phone forever. Don´t expect any help or simpathy from at&t. You wont get any.

It´s incredible tha a company this size doesn´t even have a contact e-mail for people outside USA to comunicate.

So, here you have it:

-at&t will not give you the code;

-the code is up for sale on the internet;

-you will not get it for free anywhere.

Good luck!

5 of 5 (1,206 Views)