Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 12, 2010
11:03:35 PM
View profile
Samsung Solstice (SGH-A887)

Just brought this one a week ago and would be happy to share information, tips, performance issues, upgrade information and opinions with other owners.  Here is some additional information on my phone:

Software Version: A887UCIJ1

MagicSync: V.1.0.0

I really like the size, shape, weight and texture back surface of this phone.  It is smaller than an Apple iPhone from what I know but is easy to read and handle.  I have not changed any of the wallpapers, themes or ringtones yet, so I cannot comment on these features.  I have tried the Web Browser but am not understanding how to "Go to" a site yet and I was not able to sign-in to Yahoo!'s Mail service even though I know my username and password were correct.  I may get a chance to check out the GPS (Navigator) feature this weekend.

Battery life seems fair.  I fully charged the phone this morning but did have a few lengthy (15 mins.?) calls today and the Power Guage is down to three (3) bars.  So between 0730 AM and 0200 AM, a lapse time of 18.5 hours, the battery is still more than half-full. 

~

Just brought this one a week ago and would be happy to share information, tips, performance issues, upgrade information and opinions with other owners.  Here is some additional information on my phone:

Software Version: A887UCIJ1

MagicSync: V.1.0.0

I really like the size, shape, weight and texture back surface of this phone.  It is smaller than an Apple iPhone from what I know but is easy to read and handle.  I have not changed any of the wallpapers, themes or ringtones yet, so I cannot comment on these features.  I have tried the Web Browser but am not understanding how to "Go to" a site yet and I was not able to sign-in to Yahoo!'s Mail service even though I know my username and password were correct.  I may get a chance to check out the GPS (Navigator) feature this weekend.

Battery life seems fair.  I fully charged the phone this morning but did have a few lengthy (15 mins.?) calls today and the Power Guage is down to three (3) bars.  So between 0730 AM and 0200 AM, a lapse time of 18.5 hours, the battery is still more than half-full. 

~

Samsung Solstice (SGH-A887)

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2010 8:33:05 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have a problem with my Soltice, photos on websites are pixilated and blurry. How do I fix this because I am a big facebook user and this is fraustrating, I had a replacement soltice sent to me but I'm still having the same problem with the new phone...please help. I love the phone but this is the only problem I have

I have a problem with my Soltice, photos on websites are pixilated and blurry. How do I fix this because I am a big facebook user and this is fraustrating, I had a replacement soltice sent to me but I'm still having the same problem with the new phone...please help. I love the phone but this is the only problem I have

Re: Samsung Solstice (SGH-A887)

2 of 4 (2,437 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 8:54:40 AM
(0)
Former Moderator
Moved to new topic

3 of 4 (753 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 9:23:30 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

4 of 4 (751 Views)