Samsung Solstice II address book problems

Contributor

Samsung Solstice II address book problems

Hi all,

I'm having intermittent problems opening the address book on my Samsung Solstice II. When attempting the open the address book, the phone displays a message: "Initializing. Try again in a few seconds" with a progress bar that is completely empty. The bar is frozen at 0 %, and does not move. The only way to fix the problem is to restart the phone. This problem is very frustrating, since I can't access my contacts when I need them!

The problem happens randomly, sometimes upon starting up the phone, and sometimes after the phone has been on for hours.

Sometimes the phone randomly restarts as well when I attempt to place an outgoing call. I can't believe such a buggy phone has been released!

Model SGH-A817

Hardware version Rev1.0

Software version A817UCKA3

Client version MagicSync V.1.0.0

Message 1 of 8 (2,794 Views)
Teacher

Re: Samsung Solstice II address book problems

welcome to my world! or i should say to the samsuns solstice 2 world!!!

there is firmware issue which samsung wont bother to deal with, and they know about it!!

either you learn how to deal with it or get another phone.

Message 2 of 8 (2,774 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Samsung told me there are "no known issues" with the Solstice II.  They are liars, just lke AT&T.

Message 3 of 8 (2,762 Views)
Contributor

One of my colleagues was having this same problem (which is how I ended up here) ... I wasn't able to find anything online to fix it, and rebooting didn't help, nor did taking out the battery & sim card for 5+ minutes and restarting. I finally went to the DIAL button, and then to the contacts list. I was thinking that would be a workaround, but then when I hit the CONTACTS button on the main screen, I didn't get the error message anymore.

I hope this helps you... Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8 (2,752 Views)
Tutor

The Solstice II is the worse phone I've ever had. On my 4th one. My daughter has the same phone and has the same issues. They phone turns off randomly, the address book is inaccessible, text messages never arrive, the phone plays touch tone sounds to the far end listener - much to their discomfort.

DO NOT PURCHASE A SAMSUNG SOLSTICE.  ATT is worthless as well. The people at the ATT store are nice, but can't believe they haven't been allowed to do something about it either. All they suggest is that they might be able to shorten my contract so I can BUY a new phone - that is not a solution. The original Solstice was a decent phone, but not this one. ATT should be ashamed of the level of service they don't provide, even when you pay extra for coverage.

Message 5 of 8 (2,599 Views)
Tutor

The Solstice II is the worse phone I've ever had. On my 4th one. My daughter has the same phone and has the same issues. They phone turns off randomly, the address book is inaccessible, text messages never arrive, the phone plays touch tone sounds to the far end listener - much to their discomfort.

DO NOT PURCHASE A SAMSUNG SOLSTICE.  ATT is worthless as well. The people at the ATT store are nice, but can't believe they haven't been allowed to do something about it either. All they suggest is that they might be able to shorten my contract so I can BUY a new phone - that is not a solution. The original Solstice was a decent phone, but not this one. ATT should be ashamed of the level of service they don't provide, even when you pay extra for coverage. 

Message 6 of 8 (2,597 Views)
Contributor

I tried the same thing you did originally and then I saw your message about using the contacts button. I had high hopes that it would start working but it continued to giving me the initializing message. I have not been able to figure out why it works sometimes, it seems to be completely random as near as I can tell. If any body has any other ideas I would love to hear them.

I guess I will ask ATT about it but I suspect that will lead to the usual run around. Hope your listening ATT.

Message 7 of 8 (2,463 Views)
Contributor

I get the initalizing problems when ever the phone is powered on.  I called ATT and received a new 'refurb'.  Same problem! Now I don't know if I should return the new 'refurb' that I look at as someone elses problems or return y old phone that was well cared for.  The oginal Solstace 1 was a good phone.  This version is crap!

Message 8 of 8 (2,238 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.