Samsung Skyrocket (i727) Gingerbread Update

Former Community Manager

Samsung Skyrocket (i727) Gingerbread Update

Hey all - looks like the for the Skyrocket is ready for download today!

To download the update (from your phone):

1. Select Settings from the menu.
  2. Select Software update.
  3. Select Check for Update.
  4. After the software is downloaded, select Install.
  5. After the software is installed, the phone re-starts automatically.
  6. The phone is now upgraded to Kernel version 2.6.35.11, Build number GINGERBREAD.UCLA3.

These are the listed enhancements for this update:

• Improved performance from several Qualcomm patches and other refinements.
  • User interface updates such as the new screen unlock swipe.
  • The ability to reply all to MMS messages.
  • Exchange ActiveSync wipe to remove all content from the device and microSD card.
  • Improved battery indicator icon accuracy. 
--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 75
Scholar

Re: Samsung Skyrocket (i727) Gingerbread Update

is that possible to get the update outside USA? it should be available, because The Skyrocket is only from AT&T!!
Message 61 of 75
Tutor

I am outside the US right now (with my unlocked I727) and I was able to receive the UCLA3 Gingerbread  2.3.6 update over wifi before AT&T pulled it.  It didn't break anything my phone other than the screen swipe and scrolling wallpaper.  I hope ICS will be released the same way.

Message 62 of 75
Scholar

was the UCLA3 Gingerbread 2.3.6 update done outside USA via WiFi other than AT&T network?
Thanx in Advance
Message 63 of 75
ACE - Professor

To install the Gingerbread (UCLA3) update, Wi-Fi is needed, yes. Smiley Happy

Posted from my iPhone 4S on AT&T, the nation's fastest 4G network.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 64 of 75
Scholar

Thanx for your reply. I'll check it, if the Gingerbread (UCLA3) update is done via WiFi outside usa in Skyrocket.
Message 65 of 75
Scholar

To install the Gingerbread (UCLA3) update, i tired via WiFi several times from outside usa. But it was not done. i examined the WiFi speed also, that is fine.  

Thanx in Advance

Message 66 of 75
Tutor

I believe the UCLA3 2.3.6 update for the I727 was pulled from the update server by At&t within a couple weeks of its release due to some customers experiencing problems with the firmware update.

Message 67 of 75
Scholar

i tried the update yesterday outside usa n used WiFi. i hope ur words r right.
Thanx in Advance
Message 68 of 75
Scholar

jamileh said - The phone is now upgraded to Kernel version 2.6.35.11, Build number GINGERBREAD.UCLA3.

in my skyrocket:    Android Version: 2.3.5

Kernel Version: 2.6.35.11

Build number GINGERBREAD.UCKJ2

Outside usa after i tried to update my OS to 2.3.6 over WiFi the matter is shown below:

Message 69 of 75
Scholar

i found this in Samsung usa webpage

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00044562&fm_seq=45161

AT&T Cell Phones: When & How Can I Receive the Latest Official Android OS Updates for My AT&T Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket™ (SGH-i727) Mobile Device?

Currently, this mobile device is operating on Android version 2.3.6 Gingerbread (KK1).

Update History

Version

Date Released

I727UCLA302/17/2011

This update was applied via FOTA over the AT&T network.

• Updated to Gingerbread version 2.3.6
  • Google Security Patch applied.
  • Improved Touch Screen response.
  • Improved EAS server Administration
  • Improved Mobile Hotspot throughput

I727UCKJ2

11/06/2011

• Initial Release

Check the Software on Your Mobile Device

1. From the Home screen, touch ApplicationsappSettings > About phone.
  2. The Build number and Baseband version show the current software version on your mobile device.

they say "This update was applied via FOTA over the AT&T network."

So if the update anyone can try via WiFi outside usa then will it works??

Thanx in Advance

Message 70 of 75
ACE - Professor

The update can be downloaded over any Wi-Fi network. I did it on my skyrocket with no SIM card in it at the time a while ago Smiley Happy

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 71 of 75
Scholar

thanx for the replies. let me try it more from WiFi.
Thanx in Advance
Message 72 of 75
Contributor

Probably not the best place to ask this - but my update worked fine.  I can now "reply all" to MMS messages.  However - is there any way to add a subject to an MMS?

Message 73 of 75
Scholar

i tried via wifi about the Gingerbread version 2.3.6 in skyrocket. but it shows my phone is up to date in Gingerbread version 2.3.5 I think AT&T pulled out their Gingerbread version 2.3.6 update. Lets see if AT&T are going to upload some new update for skyrocket!!
Thanx in Advance
Message 74 of 75
Highlighted
Scholar

Again AT&T from AT&Tfacebook wrote that the ICS update will be released in the coming months. You can read all about it here:
http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=22620&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=34101&mapcode=consumer
I checked the URL n saw that the announcement was announced on March 22, 2012. There written HTC Vivid™ will be the first U.S. smartphone to receive Ice Cream Sandwich as an update and the first to be issued by a wireless carrier. It will be followed by several other AT&T devices in the coming months. Now its June 2012. Coming months is not minimum satisfactory date or time frame
Thanx in Advance
Message 75 of 75
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support