Samsung Skyrocket Upgrade ??

Teacher

Samsung Skyrocket Upgrade ??

I Have Been In great Dilemma since last 2 week regarding my next upgrade.

I had few question if someone can answer.

First of all I have been iphone user from last 4 yrs and my next upgrade is on this 1 st dec so after lot of thinking i thought of trying android for the first time.

so i was solely confused between samsung skyrocket and htc vivid.

things i liked abt samsung is that its thin nd lighter plus better shape.

htc looks kool but its on heavier side.

I have checked both phones side by side as well as cheked all the specs online nd other videos.

but i m still not able to make a decision. so if u guys can give me some advise regarding which one to choose ?

Second thing, when i visited att store last saturday , representative of att told me that skyrocket's price will go down from 149 to 99 in first week of dec , so anybody have heard the same thing ???

thanks.

Message 1 of 36 (1,284 Views)
Teacher

Re: Samsung Skyrocket Upgrade ??

I didnt know about that policy, i will check it out with att. if thats true than i will buy it than will see if price goes down.
Message 16 of 36 (861 Views)
Teacher

SGS2 is great phone but sooner or later i m gonna have LTE network so i would like to have LTE phone.
I love my iphone but att 3g on iphone isnt that great, i have seen my frnd's metro pcs working better with data than iphone.
As far the battery goes I m always near a computer so I m not giving that much of thought right now but i m pretty sure it wont be so bad than iphone 4. I wont mind charging it twice a day.
Message 17 of 36 (860 Views)
Teacher

My ATRIX 4G was 199 a week later it dropped to 99 dollars took my receipt back to AT&T. Got the difference refunded no problems on two ATRIX's.
Message 18 of 36 (835 Views)
Scholar

you are lucky if you are in those non-lte big markets that have the phones for 150 but yes lte phones are hogs esp without the lte switches

Message 19 of 36 (834 Views)
Teacher

@ ATRIXGUY ... I talk to one of att rep on chat right now nd she said the price u pay is final , att wont give u refund untill att store decide to give u refund.
Message 20 of 36 (796 Views)
Teacher

Battery issues? I must be one of the few without battery issues on the skyrocket, iPhone 3gs I had before had battery issues, Samsung skyrocket hasn't been on the charger in 3 days, battery at 75%
Message 21 of 36 (820 Views)
Teacher

In Illinois there is a 30 day remorse period as long as you bought the phone in a AT&T retail store if the price changes in that 30 days you just bring your receipt back. And you will get the difference refunded immediately back on to your debt or check card or how ever you paid ask someone at your local AT&T store I wouldn't trust what the chat person told you.
Message 22 of 36 (809 Views)
Scholar

I hope most of you guys realize that support on chat, phone and most people in stores are useless they have no clue probably should talk to a manager or someone higher ups or that most cs people don't care

Message 23 of 36 (769 Views)
Guru

Come on Glenn... 3 days and still have 75%? It must have been turned off for 2.5 days. I'm at 23% and been off the charger for 12hrs 40mins.
Message 24 of 36 (766 Views)
Teacher

Got samsung skyrocket today.
Att store rep told me if price goes down att do give refund as ATRIXGUY mentioned.
Thanks alot for everyone's support.
Guys do u have any suggestion regarding sync it with mac or itunes atleast.
Message 25 of 36 (765 Views)
Guru

Your in Android world now. Climb down off the Apple and try goggle music. But, I believe there's an app called Twister(?) that you download on your Mac that will let you sync itunes to your SR.
Message 26 of 36 (763 Views)
Teacher

Try doubletwist player let's you sync itunes to your skyrocket.
Glad to see you got your phone now let's hope the price drops maybe you can save a few dollars.
Message 27 of 36 (741 Views)
Guru

Thats it. Doubletwist, not twister.
Message 28 of 36 (739 Views)
Teacher

@Davidusr I don't run many Apps, maybe 2 at the moment, is how I get the battery life, with using powerskin
Message 29 of 36 (722 Views)
Guru

How is the Powerskin Glenn? Does it add much bulk?
Message 30 of 36 (719 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.