Samsung Skyrocket Upgrade ??

Teacher

Samsung Skyrocket Upgrade ??

I Have Been In great Dilemma since last 2 week regarding my next upgrade.

I had few question if someone can answer.

First of all I have been iphone user from last 4 yrs and my next upgrade is on this 1 st dec so after lot of thinking i thought of trying android for the first time.

so i was solely confused between samsung skyrocket and htc vivid.

things i liked abt samsung is that its thin nd lighter plus better shape.

htc looks kool but its on heavier side.

I have checked both phones side by side as well as cheked all the specs online nd other videos.

but i m still not able to make a decision. so if u guys can give me some advise regarding which one to choose ?

Second thing, when i visited att store last saturday , representative of att told me that skyrocket's price will go down from 149 to 99 in first week of dec , so anybody have heard the same thing ???

thanks.

Message 1 of 36
Master

Re: Samsung Skyrocket Upgrade ??

You can't really go wrong with either phone if your place has LTE already (if you don't have LTE, there are data connection problems with SR on non-LTE markets). The Super AMOLED+ screen on SR will put any LCD screen used by HTC to shame.

Message 2 of 36
Master

I would go with the Skyrocket. I think it looks very nice, and the screen resolution is indeed unbeatable.

Not sure about the pricing, but it could seem likely...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 36
Teacher

Hey thanks guys. I like skyrocket more as i have doubts abt htc's battery life. 

so i have decided on samsung skyrocket , cant wait to get hand on it.

About the pricing I m so confused as the guy at att told me was just a bluf or real thing ...

I dont wanna wait too much nd loose the discount they already have on the phone ..

Thanks for ur quick respons.

Message 4 of 36
Master

You're welcome.

Enjoy! I hope the pricing works out for you.

Message 5 of 36
Teacher

I wont mind paying 150 but saving 50 is always feels good lol

Message 6 of 36
Teacher

If the price goes down in your 30 day remorse period just take your receipt back. To AT&T and they will refund the difference in price.
Message 7 of 36

If you are not in an LTE area, I suggest the Galaxy S II, not the Skyrocket.  The Skyrocket has serious maturity issues (Along with every other AT&T LTE phone as far as I can tell), while the I777 (Galaxy S II) is an extremely close relative of Samsung's international flagship, the GT-I9100.

If you get an LTE phone, you can be assured that you will NOT be happy with the battery life.  AT&T claimed they had solved the LTE issues Verizon phones have in that regard, but all user reports and actual phone specs I've seen indicate otherwise - even on AT&T, LTE phones are fat battery hogs.

Message 8 of 36
Master

Entropy512 wrote:
"If you get an LTE phone, you can be assured that you will NOT be happy with the battery life. AT&T claimed they had solved the LTE issues Verizon phones have in that regard, but all user reports and actual phone specs I've seen indicate otherwise -even on AT&T, LTE phones are fat battery hogs."

+1 to this comment. I can certainly attest to that.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 36
Master

How's your battery life on your 4G phone, Ann154? Was the Aria and Eris better at holding a charge?

Message 10 of 36
Master

I think the Aria held on the best for the size of the battery (1200? mAh) Depending on the day, I could get between 16 and 24+ hours on the Eris (1300 mAh). The standard battery on my 4G LTE phone is the worst performer overall at 1400 mAh. If I barely touch it with maybe 2 hours of screen on time, I can make the day (18 hours). I have found that I use much more than that and I usually have to plug it after lunch because it down to 30% remaining. I love my extended battery. I can get through the day without plugging it in. It may be a brick, but strangely enough, the weight feels good in the hand.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 36
Master

That's what I thought about the LTE phone. My Captivate just died two minutes ago after serving well yesterday and now today. IPhone is at 60% with 2 hours of web browsing. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 36
Teacher

I exchanged my original sgs2 for the skyrocket. And I couldn't be happier. Bigger screen and quick, only problem I am having is this occasional Bluetooth fail and wouldn't turn on. That's after I updated to 2.3.6. With the pricing I don't think att will get it down to $99
Message 13 of 36
Teacher

Any phone that's new has bad battery life. You're lucky you got 2 hours out of your iPhone.
Message 14 of 36
Master

Yes. The battery does perform pretty well. I'm at 42% right now and still going.

Message 15 of 36
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support