Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 24, 2012
6:34:03 AM
View profile
Samsung Skyrocket: Update failed due to server and will not come back

This morning I went to the "check for updates" in my phone settings as I have been doing periodically since I heard that ICS could come out. After quite a while, I got a message that there was an update (its not 2.3.6, i already have that) but AT&T servers were busy and the phone would automatically contact the servers when free and get the update. Well its been a few hours and nothing but when I try to check for updates again, I get a message that my phone is up to date and I have to wait 24 hours to check again.

How do I get that update to come back??

This morning I went to the "check for updates" in my phone settings as I have been doing periodically since I heard that ICS could come out. After quite a while, I got a message that there was an update (its not 2.3.6, i already have that) but AT&T servers were busy and the phone would automatically contact the servers when free and get the update. Well its been a few hours and nothing but when I try to check for updates again, I get a message that my phone is up to date and I have to wait 24 hours to check again.

How do I get that update to come back??

Samsung Skyrocket: Update failed due to server and will not come back

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2012 7:15:00 AM
(0)
Scholar
i tried for the UCLA3 Gingerbread 2.3.6 update over wifi some days ago, i think AT&T discard that update from their server. i got the same message that my phone is up to date and I have to wait 24 hours to check again.
i tried for the UCLA3 Gingerbread 2.3.6 update over wifi some days ago, i think AT&T discard that update from their server. i got the same message that my phone is up to date and I have to wait 24 hours to check again.
Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

Re: Samsung Skyrocket: Update failed due to server and will not come back

2 of 5 (1,104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2012 7:26:33 AM
(0)
Contributor

I already have that update got it a few months ago.  I have just heard rumors about 4.0 so now I check every few days. when i checked I got an error saying there was an update but the server was too busy. Now I cant get the update to come back.

I already have that update got it a few months ago.  I have just heard rumors about 4.0 so now I check every few days. when i checked I got an error saying there was an update but the server was too busy. Now I cant get the update to come back.

3 of 5 (1,098 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2012 12:47:18 PM
(0)
Scholar
if AT&T has upload something for skyrocket then that should be technically okey, not like the UCLA3 Gingerbread 2.3.6 update. because that update instead of ICS, has done wrong functioning in many people device and they told in this forum also. AT&T don't announce about anything like this, when they have upload the update then only people know about that. it's their way of work!!
Thanx in Advance
if AT&T has upload something for skyrocket then that should be technically okey, not like the UCLA3 Gingerbread 2.3.6 update. because that update instead of ICS, has done wrong functioning in many people device and they told in this forum also. AT&T don't announce about anything like this, when they have upload the update then only people know about that. it's their way of work!!
Thanx in Advance
Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

4 of 5 (1,051 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2012 1:15:24 PM
(0)
Contributor

I understand that, that wasnt what I was asking. My phone said I had an update but the server was too busy and couldnt download but would re-start automatically. It never did. Now when I try and check my phone says its up to date. I need to get that update to restart. I am already using 2.3.6. I dont know what this update was because it failed.

I understand that, that wasnt what I was asking. My phone said I had an update but the server was too busy and couldnt download but would re-start automatically. It never did. Now when I try and check my phone says its up to date. I need to get that update to restart. I am already using 2.3.6. I dont know what this update was because it failed.

5 of 5 (1,044 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments