Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 13, 2012
7:11:06 PM
View profile
Samsung Note battery life

Hello all..I just bought a samsung note a couple days ago. I'm getting 5 to 6 hrs of battery life and it dies. Is this normal? Any suggestions to tweak any of my settings? I was reading that 2.3.6 was killing peoples battery, but 6 hours of battery life is poor. Thank you. 

Hello all..I just bought a samsung note a couple days ago. I'm getting 5 to 6 hrs of battery life and it dies. Is this normal? Any suggestions to tweak any of my settings? I was reading that 2.3.6 was killing peoples battery, but 6 hours of battery life is poor. Thank you. 

Samsung Note battery life

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2012 8:18:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
I would guess that this is not normal. But, there are many different factors. I sync three email accounts, no social media, do some Web browsing, play some games, leave wifi and Bluetooth on all the time, a little talk time, no text messaging, and get to the end of the day with around 35% left.

Check your running services to see if there are apps running that are not system apps, but you never use them.
I would guess that this is not normal. But, there are many different factors. I sync three email accounts, no social media, do some Web browsing, play some games, leave wifi and Bluetooth on all the time, a little talk time, no text messaging, and get to the end of the day with around 35% left.

Check your running services to see if there are apps running that are not system apps, but you never use them.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Samsung Note battery life

2 of 7 (3,899 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2012 9:42:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

wow..wish i could get 35% at the end of the day...are you rooted tho?

wow..wish i could get 35% at the end of the day...are you rooted tho?

3 of 7 (3,889 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2012 12:26:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Yes, but I haven't installed a custom ROM yet.
Yes, but I haven't installed a custom ROM yet.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (3,861 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2012 12:30:08 PM
(0)
Employee
If you are actually using the phone for those 5 to 6 hours then yeah that's normal. If I don't put my phone down and play angry birds for like 4 hours yeah battery is killed. Also disable data when not being used that'll save a lot
If you are actually using the phone for those 5 to 6 hours then yeah that's normal. If I don't put my phone down and play angry birds for like 4 hours yeah battery is killed. Also disable data when not being used that'll save a lot
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 7 (3,857 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2012 5:43:33 AM
(0)
Contributor

I use stereo bluetooth all day within a 40' radius . Charging constanly on truck stereo via USB or on the PC while doing other things didn't seem to replenish. Starting the day after charging the phone on the wall charger WITH THE PHONE OFF made all the difference. Now I have 35-35% at days end.

I use stereo bluetooth all day within a 40' radius . Charging constanly on truck stereo via USB or on the PC while doing other things didn't seem to replenish. Starting the day after charging the phone on the wall charger WITH THE PHONE OFF made all the difference. Now I have 35-35% at days end.

6 of 7 (3,741 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2012 10:36:51 AM
(0)
Contributor
I also have a Samsung Note. Mine last a whole day. If I watch Netflix on my Samsung Note or browsing the internet a lot then I may have to use a second battery in a day with some battery juice to spare at the end of the day. I have never had to use the third battery yet even with maximum usage. Sometimes the area where you live may not have a good carrier signal, and the phone keeps constantly searching for signal can drain your battery level very fast. If you don't have any signal on your phone. You can prevent the drain of the battery by placing it in the airplane mode. The Samsung Note also has Task Manager App that allows you to find out if you currently runs any active application on your Samsung Note. You can exit the application you don't want to run. Also in the Setting option you can go to Applications option and select Battery usage, it will give you a complete record of what application use the battery and how many percent each application drain the battery that way you will have some idea whether your battery is defective or the charger could be defective. If your phone hardwares are not defective then your applications are responsible for your 5 to 6 hours battery life. I hope this will help you to figure out your problem.
I also have a Samsung Note. Mine last a whole day. If I watch Netflix on my Samsung Note or browsing the internet a lot then I may have to use a second battery in a day with some battery juice to spare at the end of the day. I have never had to use the third battery yet even with maximum usage. Sometimes the area where you live may not have a good carrier signal, and the phone keeps constantly searching for signal can drain your battery level very fast. If you don't have any signal on your phone. You can prevent the drain of the battery by placing it in the airplane mode. The Samsung Note also has Task Manager App that allows you to find out if you currently runs any active application on your Samsung Note. You can exit the application you don't want to run. Also in the Setting option you can go to Applications option and select Battery usage, it will give you a complete record of what application use the battery and how many percent each application drain the battery that way you will have some idea whether your battery is defective or the charger could be defective. If your phone hardwares are not defective then your applications are responsible for your 5 to 6 hours battery life. I hope this will help you to figure out your problem.

7 of 7 (3,630 Views)