Wireless Forums

Posted Oct 24, 2011
1:24:16 PM
View profile
Samsung Magnet Protocol Error

Hello, my name is Ann. I purchased the Samsung Magnet for her two weeks ago on the Go Phone prepaid plan. She lives 45 minutes away from me and is 11 years old, so I can't have her talking to tech support, lol. Anyway, she is able to make and receive calls and also she can receive texts, but each time she tries to send a text, no matter to whom, it comes back and says "protocol error, unspecified" 

I called tech support myself and they said I need to have the phone in front of me to help me. They wouldn't even patch me through to support. Maybe it's a fix that doesn't require the phone be right in front of me, maybe it's something I can call her and tell her to do. That was pretty ridiculous, just in case, you know? 

Anyway, has anyone seen this error and do you know how to fix it or have any suggestions? Thanks so much for your help! Hope your day is going great!!

Hello, my name is Ann. I purchased the Samsung Magnet for her two weeks ago on the Go Phone prepaid plan. She lives 45 minutes away from me and is 11 years old, so I can't have her talking to tech support, lol. Anyway, she is able to make and receive calls and also she can receive texts, but each time she tries to send a text, no matter to whom, it comes back and says "protocol error, unspecified" 

I called tech support myself and they said I need to have the phone in front of me to help me. They wouldn't even patch me through to support. Maybe it's a fix that doesn't require the phone be right in front of me, maybe it's something I can call her and tell her to do. That was pretty ridiculous, just in case, you know? 

Anyway, has anyone seen this error and do you know how to fix it or have any suggestions? Thanks so much for your help! Hope your day is going great!!

Samsung Magnet Protocol Error

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2011 5:18:02 PM
(0)
Expert

annml282001 wrote:

Sounds like they need you to reconfigure the phone, unless you are fairly technically qualified it is a lot easier to have the phone in front of you and the tech walks you through the proceedure, one way or the other you need to have the phone in your hands to make the changes

annml282001 wrote:

Sounds like they need you to reconfigure the phone, unless you are fairly technically qualified it is a lot easier to have the phone in front of you and the tech walks you through the proceedure, one way or the other you need to have the phone in your hands to make the changes

Re: Samsung Magnet Protocol Error

2 of 2 (118 Views)