Helpful Links

Samsung Jack Ring tone Problem

Contributor

Samsung Jack Ring tone Problem

Hello,

I have owned Samsung Jack- i for past year and just few days ago it started acting up about the ring tone..Every time some one calls me it wont play ring at all same time with text message sound it wont play..Now before some one tells me make sure you did check all the settings, Please I did check all the settings and even I tried out with master reset but still does same thing any one know what might be causing this problem ???

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
Contributor

Re: Samsung Jack Ring tone Problem

Same problem.  Looking up for a friend.  She did all the settings, replaced sim card, bought extra memory, went down to the store talked to a rep, erased all her texts and web history... nothing.  Phone will not ring.  She periodically gets notice when she gets a text (and then realizes she has missed calls).  Anyone found a fix for this yet?

Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Well I have found it...What I did is backed all my files and every thing with myphone app and then reinstalled the whole Operating System and now its working normal...those tech support took 3 hrs to see if they can fix it but while I was getting frustred it just blink in my head to do this and I hope it works out for you...

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
kxh
Contributor

how do you reinstall Window? I have the same problem with my phone. Trying to see if I can fix it.
Message 4 of 6
Master

It is called Hard Reset. You will lose everything on the phone. So be prepared for that. Go to Settings->Security->Reset (going by memory now). There is also a button combination (With phone off, Hold Down button on D-pad and power it on. You will see a prompt to format the phone).

Message 5 of 6
Contributor

Well I have to apologize about the my "fix" what I really ment to say is I did not reinstall the windows but I reinstall the upgrade becuase as you may recall it Samsung Jack came with 6.0 or some other version I do not recall but I know for sure it was not 6.5...So here is the link that you can download the update from 6.5 Update and if you are still haveing problem let me know I will try my best to help you...

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support