Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 3, 2011
4:42:13 PM
View profile
Samsung Infuse wifi issues - won't connect at home

I just got a Samsung Infuse, and it's 99% great.  One problem - I can't get the wifi to connect on my home network.

I tried a factory reset of the phone - no go.

I rebooted the router - no go.

I'm able to connect at the wifi network at my job with no issues.

I'm using a Linksys E1000 router at home.  Do the Samsung Infuse and the Linksys E1000 not play well together?

If that's not it, can someone else offer a suggestion?  Much appreciated.

I just got a Samsung Infuse, and it's 99% great.  One problem - I can't get the wifi to connect on my home network.

I tried a factory reset of the phone - no go.

I rebooted the router - no go.

I'm able to connect at the wifi network at my job with no issues.

I'm using a Linksys E1000 router at home.  Do the Samsung Infuse and the Linksys E1000 not play well together?

If that's not it, can someone else offer a suggestion?  Much appreciated.

Samsung Infuse wifi issues - won't connect at home

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 10:09:05 PM
(0)
Master
Have you tried turning off the security on the router and see if the phone connects that way?

If so, then try adding the security back.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Have you tried turning off the security on the router and see if the phone connects that way?

If so, then try adding the security back.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

Re: Samsung Infuse wifi issues - won't connect at home

2 of 12 (19,469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2011 9:58:36 AM
(0)
Contributor

Problem solved.  I had to manually enter the phone's MAC ID onto the Allowed Devices list in the router.  It's all good.  Now I'm at 100 percent!!

Problem solved.  I had to manually enter the phone's MAC ID onto the Allowed Devices list in the router.  It's all good.  Now I'm at 100 percent!!

3 of 12 (19,454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2011 12:12:04 PM
(0)
Master
That is good to hear!
That is good to hear!

4 of 12 (19,445 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2011 3:09:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

Same problem can not connect at home, how can I get the phone MAC ID?  Thanks

Same problem can not connect at home, how can I get the phone MAC ID?  Thanks

5 of 12 (19,043 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2011 3:54:31 PM
(0)
Master
With the wifi on go to settings > wifi settings. Press the menu button and select "advanced". The MAC address will be listed there.
With the wifi on go to settings > wifi settings. Press the menu button and select "advanced". The MAC address will be listed there.

6 of 12 (19,036 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2011 3:54:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks, It was added into the mac list  however I am still not able to connect. My router is a Belkin Mod F7D130110-P1 , I may attempt to contact Belkin, any input?

Thanks a lot 

Thanks, It was added into the mac list  however I am still not able to connect. My router is a Belkin Mod F7D130110-P1 , I may attempt to contact Belkin, any input?

Thanks a lot 

7 of 12 (18,990 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2011 11:43:10 AM
(0)
Contributor

Having the same issues.. Called Time Warner and got my router rebooted - didnt help. Called Samsung and was told 4 times I had to have my device reset - not doing that.  Even tried Static IP with "level 2" support. Nope.  On the phone with TWC now trying to add my MAC address to the list of allowed devices....

They advised me that I had my wireless key incorrect.  I was using the one the tech gave me when I set everything up, but apparently it had changed at some point. Who knows.

Works now.  Check your KEY!!!! You dont have to reset your phone! I have always been able to find a way around resetting, just have to do most of the work myself.

CAN SOMEONE AT AT&T ADD THIS STEP AND THE ONES ABOVE TO THE LIST OF TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS TO SAVE PEOPLE FROM BEING TOLD TIME AND TIME AGAIN THEY HAVE TO RESET THEIR PHONES?!  Y'all are making people mad with that.  Try a little harder if you have access to helpful information. If I got help from going to this site, so can "TECHNICAL SUPPORT" reps.  Seems like they don't even try.  Why do they want to make you reset your phone so bad? Do they get paid by the number of phones they make people reset? In my opinion it's not good customer service.  I usually get excellent customer service from AT&T.  "Technical Support" is the exception.  Try harder. Use google. If I am coming to you for help, help me.  Don't make me have to figure it out myself.

I love AT&T, but offering to reset phones as a first and/or only option is NOT the way to go for customer service today.

Thanks,

Loyal AT&T wireless customer for 12 to 13 years.

Having the same issues.. Called Time Warner and got my router rebooted - didnt help. Called Samsung and was told 4 times I had to have my device reset - not doing that.  Even tried Static IP with "level 2" support. Nope.  On the phone with TWC now trying to add my MAC address to the list of allowed devices....

They advised me that I had my wireless key incorrect.  I was using the one the tech gave me when I set everything up, but apparently it had changed at some point. Who knows.

Works now.  Check your KEY!!!! You dont have to reset your phone! I have always been able to find a way around resetting, just have to do most of the work myself.

CAN SOMEONE AT AT&T ADD THIS STEP AND THE ONES ABOVE TO THE LIST OF TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS TO SAVE PEOPLE FROM BEING TOLD TIME AND TIME AGAIN THEY HAVE TO RESET THEIR PHONES?!  Y'all are making people mad with that.  Try a little harder if you have access to helpful information. If I got help from going to this site, so can "TECHNICAL SUPPORT" reps.  Seems like they don't even try.  Why do they want to make you reset your phone so bad? Do they get paid by the number of phones they make people reset? In my opinion it's not good customer service.  I usually get excellent customer service from AT&T.  "Technical Support" is the exception.  Try harder. Use google. If I am coming to you for help, help me.  Don't make me have to figure it out myself.

I love AT&T, but offering to reset phones as a first and/or only option is NOT the way to go for customer service today.

Thanks,

Loyal AT&T wireless customer for 12 to 13 years.

8 of 12 (16,454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2011 9:00:43 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yes I was told numerous times to reset the phone.. they even sent a new one ..my wireless is a linksys and it shows on my phone.. when I try to log in it says failed. I pushed the arror thingie and it says timed out..heeelp what is it you did again?

Yes I was told numerous times to reset the phone.. they even sent a new one ..my wireless is a linksys and it shows on my phone.. when I try to log in it says failed. I pushed the arror thingie and it says timed out..heeelp what is it you did again?

9 of 12 (16,117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2011 4:31:28 PM
(0)
Contributor

how do you access the router to input the mac address

how do you access the router to input the mac address

10 of 12 (14,855 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2011 5:14:15 AM
(0)
Contributor

Not sure what router you have, but for the Belkin and with Win 7: go to my COMPUTER click NETWORK off to the left then right click on your router and the VIEW WEBPAGE on the webpage half way down you will see MAC ADDRESS CONTROL, click SUBMIT with no passcode and you should see a place to enter the MAC address click ADD and the APPLY.

HTH

Not sure what router you have, but for the Belkin and with Win 7: go to my COMPUTER click NETWORK off to the left then right click on your router and the VIEW WEBPAGE on the webpage half way down you will see MAC ADDRESS CONTROL, click SUBMIT with no passcode and you should see a place to enter the MAC address click ADD and the APPLY.

HTH

11 of 12 (11,536 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2011 8:05:04 PM
(0)
Tutor

I HAVE YOUR SOLUTION!  

I have been working for almost 4 weeks to find the solution to my Captivate Galaxy S doing the exact same thing of one morning waking up and I can no longer connect to my home hotspot.   AT&T forwarded me to Samsung who told me to factory reset the phone - I lost everything, but the home hotspot worked.....for 2 weeks and then it failed again.   Samsung Tier 3 told me to send the phone back (for at least 6 days it would be gone) and they would fix it.   Yeah right.   Um, no.    

It is NOT the router or the phone's connection to the router!

A file has to be deleted from your root directory on the phone:   dhcp_list which is located here:

/data/misc/dhcp/dhcp_list

First, you have to root the phone.   I used SuperOneClick.     Z4root did NOT work for my phone.    SuperOneClick is very easy to use.  

Second, you have to download Root Explorer from the Market.    Bite the bullet and pay 3.99, it works if you want to solve this problem.

Use Root explorer to delete the file and Voila!   Problem SOLVED!

Someone who said they downloaded Gingerbread said they don't have this common wifi problem.

I HAVE YOUR SOLUTION!  

I have been working for almost 4 weeks to find the solution to my Captivate Galaxy S doing the exact same thing of one morning waking up and I can no longer connect to my home hotspot.   AT&T forwarded me to Samsung who told me to factory reset the phone - I lost everything, but the home hotspot worked.....for 2 weeks and then it failed again.   Samsung Tier 3 told me to send the phone back (for at least 6 days it would be gone) and they would fix it.   Yeah right.   Um, no.    

It is NOT the router or the phone's connection to the router!

A file has to be deleted from your root directory on the phone:   dhcp_list which is located here:

/data/misc/dhcp/dhcp_list

First, you have to root the phone.   I used SuperOneClick.     Z4root did NOT work for my phone.    SuperOneClick is very easy to use.  

Second, you have to download Root Explorer from the Market.    Bite the bullet and pay 3.99, it works if you want to solve this problem.

Use Root explorer to delete the file and Voila!   Problem SOLVED!

Someone who said they downloaded Gingerbread said they don't have this common wifi problem.

12 of 12 (11,451 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments