Samsung Infuse touch tone keypad

Mentor

Samsung Infuse touch tone keypad

Whenever I try to navigate a touch-tone-based menus (eg. banks, retail stores, etc), the virtual touch tone keypad on the Samsung Infuse is pretty much useless. Everytime I tap on a number, the phones will exhibit a long beep instead of a short beep, resulting in the touch tone menu thinking I was pressing that 1 number multiple times. I tried lightly tapping the numbers, same issue. Worse, sometimes it doesn't register at all to the menu. I tried the same touch-tone menus on my iPhone 3Gs, no problem, so the issue is with the Infuse.

I mean come on, 2011, and Samsung cannot even get touch tone correctly?

Message 1 of 3 (825 Views)

Re: Samsung Infuse touch tone keypad

sounds like your phone might be defective...is your 30 days up?if not tell the att reps your prob and have them replace the phone

if your past your 30 days just call att from a diff phone and have them trouble shoot the prob if they cant fix it they will send you over to the warranty department

and they should send you out a infuse...

Message 2 of 3 (754 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Re: Samsung Infuse touch tone keypad

pata2001 wrote:

Whenever I try to navigate a touch-tone-based menus (eg. banks, retail stores, etc), the virtual touch tone keypad on the Samsung Infuse is pretty much useless. Everytime I tap on a number, the phones will exhibit a long beep instead of a short beep, resulting in the touch tone menu thinking I was pressing that 1 number multiple times. I tried lightly tapping the numbers, same issue. Worse, sometimes it doesn't register at all to the menu. I tried the same touch-tone menus on my iPhone 3Gs, no problem, so the issue is with the Infuse.

I mean come on, 2011, and Samsung cannot even get touch tone correctly?

Try checking your sound settings.

Settings > Sound > scroll down to feedback and see if there is an option to change to short tones.

You may also want to check the call settings if there are options there.  Settings > Call

Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3 (749 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.