Samsung Infuse thinks it's connected via usb

Contributor

Samsung Infuse thinks it's connected via usb

Off & on for the past couple of weeks, every time I charge my phone & then unplug it, the phone says "USB Connected" & the mass storage screen flashes & I am unable to use it. I've tried turning my phone off & on, removing the battery & putting it back in, connecting back up powering it off & removing, & powering back on & removing. I got it to work once when it first occurred a couple of weeks ago, but right now it is just flashing & I am unable to use my phone unless it is plugged up.

There has been no water damage & the connection prongs are not rusted, dirty, or broken.

Message 1 of 3

Re: Samsung Infuse thinks it's connected via usb

kgb0217 wrote:

Off & on for the past couple of weeks, every time I charge my phone & then unplug it, the phone says "USB Connected" & the mass storage screen flashes & I am unable to use it. I've tried turning my phone off & on, removing the battery & putting it back in, connecting back up powering it off & removing, & powering back on & removing. I got it to work once when it first occurred a couple of weeks ago, but right now it is just flashing & I am unable to use my phone unless it is plugged up.

There has been no water damage & the connection prongs are not rusted, dirty, or broken.

I wouldn't be so sure that the connector is dirty - it's easy for a tiny amount of crud to cause this EXACT problem and not be visible.

It's a very common on the I9100, I777, and N7000.

Message 2 of 3
Scholar

Re: Samsung Infuse thinks it's connected via usb

My Infuse after six months of use with no drops or damage began having screen locks, and hanging when using apps with about a five minute waiting period for the phone to return to life. After going thru some ATT contacts, and then to the warranty department I got a replacement Infuse sent out.   The replacement is working with out any issues and came with latests Gingerbread update out for the infuse which is UCLB3.

My advice if your handset is in warranty get a replacement, be ready to wait a week to receive the device because ATT uses streamlite to ship replacement handsets out, and Streamlite holds packages once they arrive in the desition city before handing it to USPS to deliver it to the house. 

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support