Ask a question

Posted Aug 20, 2011
    9:20:22 PM
    View profile
    Samsung Infuse internet problems

My samsung infuse only connects to the internet when it is connected to wifi, this includes internet based apps. But when I am not connected to wifi, I cannot use the internet or the apps. And I have data network mode activated if that changes anything. Please help.

Samsung Infuse internet problems

3 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (3)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 28, 2011 1:30:46 PM
    (0)
    Mentor

You may need to check your APN settings:

Settings/Wireless and Network/Mobile Networks/Access Point Names/

You should see two APNs there: ATT Phone and ATT WAP.

By 'data network' do you mean 'Data Roaming'? No need to have that activated.

Re: Samsung Infuse internet problems

2 of 4 (10,679 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 13, 2011 10:46:55 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

Did you use your old SIM card or did you activate the new one that came with the phone?  My boyfriends phone was having that exact problem, it would work at home when it was connected to our home wi-fi, but it wouldn't work outside of that.  The problem was that we just stuck his previous SIM card in the new phone.  When we called AT&T and went through the activation process, it fixed the problem.

3 of 4 (10,029 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 13, 2011 1:13:44 PM
    (0)
    Master
    Edited by foxbat121 on Oct 13, 2011 at 1:15:28 PM

Correct, part of the so called activation process is migrate your old data plan into 4G data plan. You will need this to use the data connection out of box on any AT&T 4G phone. Don't worry, in most cases, you won't lose your unlimited data.

Some times, even the store clerk sometimes forgets to do this when you purchase phone. You can always call up AT&T and ask them to do so.

[ Edited ]
    4 of 4 (10,020 Views)