Samsung Infuse - No Network - Can't Upgrade - AT&T No Help

Contributor

Samsung Infuse - No Network - Can't Upgrade - AT&T No Help

Thursday night, my phone decided I couldn't make or receive calls or texts. I still have internet access through wi-fi at home and my data works outside my wi-fi connection.  There are 4 other phones on my service plan, 3 of them are the Samsung Infuse also, no problems with them. According to a tech I talked with on the AT&T chat, my phone has " re-registered itself to a tower without issue". When I go into the settings to see my IMEI, it's all in characters.  There is nothing wrong with the SIM and the phone did not get wet.  Tech said phone was still under warranty and transfered me to that department. Here I'm told, after a lengthy question answer session, that my refurbished phone I got in December 2011 is no longer under warranty, only option is to try the Gingerbread update and contact Samsung if this doesn"t fix the problem.

When I tried to upgrade the device, no luck, message saying cannot upgrade.  In the meantime, the other 3 phones have been upgraded successfully.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4 (2,840 Views)
Mentor

Re: Samsung Infuse - No Network - Can't Upgrade - AT&T No Help

well you are in a bit of a pickle. i would if you have a computer at home is go to xda forums , then read they have a rooted STOCK rom. gingerbread. id post link but at&t rather see you buy a new phone and not fix your issue. go there read all you can, the rooted stock rom will fix your issue! make sure you back up your contacts and pictures. lose everything else as youdont know if something caused the issue.

the site is very supportive when you register helps to read all you can .

when you get to the forum page hit cntl+f and type in the lil bax at bottom  infuse will take you directly there "too many phones listed to scroll thru"

Message 2 of 4 (2,770 Views)
Professor

Try a factory reset.

Message 3 of 4 (2,766 Views)
Highlighted

Loose SIM maybe?  Try removing and reinserting it.

Does the SIM work in any of the other phones?  Do their SIMs work in that phone?

Message 4 of 4 (2,756 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.