Helpful Links

Samsung Infuse 4G

Mentor

Samsung Infuse 4G

Will AT&T unlock the Infuse 4G?

Message 1 of 7

Re: Samsung Infuse 4G

According to customer care, they told me that they could not unlock any Samsung Infuse until September 22nd. Dont know why. I just paid for an unlock code from cellunlocker.com. Worked great.

Message 2 of 7
Master

At&t has an exclusivity clause stemming from a lawsuit settled a few years. They will not give the unlock code for at minimum of 10 months after the phone is released. This applies to all the phones that at&t has the exclusive to.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Expert

So, other carriers (like VZN) CAN do unlock codes for their exclusive phones?

Message 4 of 7
Master

VZW phones are always locked to Verizon. I believe the other CDMA carriers require phones that are branded with their name on them as well. T-Mobile will unlock their GSM phones. I know of one regional GSM carrier whos phones come unlocked from the factory since they sell unbranded devices.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
Expert

Not to go OT, but I've never quite understood if all carriers allow you to buy unlocked phones and then activate them.

And I'm interested in the Samsung Infuse 4G. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted

Shadoe_Lance wrote:

According to customer care, they told me that they could not unlock any Samsung Infuse until September 22nd. Dont know why. I just paid for an unlock code from cellunlocker.com. Worked great.

You got ripped off.  The unlock code can be pulled on any rooted device for free.  It's in one of the BML partitions, not encrypted or anything at all.  I forget which one.  There's a thread on it over on XDA.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support