View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2011 6:31:53 AM
(0)
Tutor

According to customer care, they told me that they could not unlock any Samsung Infuse until September 22nd. Dont know why. I just paid for an unlock code from cellunlocker.com. Worked great.

According to customer care, they told me that they could not unlock any Samsung Infuse until September 22nd. Dont know why. I just paid for an unlock code from cellunlocker.com. Worked great.

Re: Samsung Infuse 4G

2 of 7 (2,032 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2011 10:31:11 AM
(0)
Master
At&t has an exclusivity clause stemming from a lawsuit settled a few years. They will not give the unlock code for at minimum of 10 months after the phone is released. This applies to all the phones that at&t has the exclusive to.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
At&t has an exclusivity clause stemming from a lawsuit settled a few years. They will not give the unlock code for at minimum of 10 months after the phone is released. This applies to all the phones that at&t has the exclusive to.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

3 of 7 (2,019 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2011 2:26:00 PM
(0)
Expert

So, other carriers (like VZN) CAN do unlock codes for their exclusive phones?

So, other carriers (like VZN) CAN do unlock codes for their exclusive phones?

4 of 7 (1,536 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2011 2:39:39 PM
(0)
Master
VZW phones are always locked to Verizon. I believe the other CDMA carriers require phones that are branded with their name on them as well. T-Mobile will unlock their GSM phones. I know of one regional GSM carrier whos phones come unlocked from the factory since they sell unbranded devices.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
VZW phones are always locked to Verizon. I believe the other CDMA carriers require phones that are branded with their name on them as well. T-Mobile will unlock their GSM phones. I know of one regional GSM carrier whos phones come unlocked from the factory since they sell unbranded devices.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

5 of 7 (1,532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2011 11:31:42 AM
(0)
Expert

Not to go OT, but I've never quite understood if all carriers allow you to buy unlocked phones and then activate them.

And I'm interested in the Samsung Infuse 4G. Smiley Wink

Not to go OT, but I've never quite understood if all carriers allow you to buy unlocked phones and then activate them.

And I'm interested in the Samsung Infuse 4G. Smiley Wink

6 of 7 (1,462 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2011 1:52:21 PM
(0)
Guru

Shadoe_Lance wrote:

You got ripped off.  The unlock code can be pulled on any rooted device for free.  It's in one of the BML partitions, not encrypted or anything at all.  I forget which one.  There's a thread on it over on XDA.

Shadoe_Lance wrote:

You got ripped off.  The unlock code can be pulled on any rooted device for free.  It's in one of the BML partitions, not encrypted or anything at all.  I forget which one.  There's a thread on it over on XDA.

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

7 of 7 (1,379 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments