Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 22, 2011
4:27:52 PM
View profile
Samsung Infuse 4G voicemail
Edited by pamelaz on May 22, 2011 at 4:49:46 PM

I bought a Samsung Infuse 4G yesterday and can't set up my voice mail.  When I follow the tutorial and call my cell# I get a busy signal, not a set up program.  What am I doing wrong??  Please, please help me

[Subject edited to provide more details] - moderator

I bought a Samsung Infuse 4G yesterday and can't set up my voice mail.  When I follow the tutorial and call my cell# I get a busy signal, not a set up program.  What am I doing wrong??  Please, please help me

[Subject edited to provide more details] - moderator

Samsung Infuse 4G voicemail

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2011 6:41:00 PM
(0)
Master

The universal way to access voice mail of a cell phone is press and hold 1 (preprogrammed to speed dial your voice mail access number), not call your own cell #.

The universal way to access voice mail of a cell phone is press and hold 1 (preprogrammed to speed dial your voice mail access number), not call your own cell #.

Re: Samsung Infuse 4G voicemail

2 of 7 (14,391 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2011 5:31:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. When I press and hold "1" or press the voicemail icon I'm taken to voicemail but it wants my mailbox number, which should be my phone number but no matter how I enter it (with or without area code) it tells me it doesn't exist. The voicemail area code is not the same as my phone and is actually several hours from my location. I'm thinking this may be (part of) the problem. Heading back to the AT&T store in a bit to find out.

I'm having the same issue. When I press and hold "1" or press the voicemail icon I'm taken to voicemail but it wants my mailbox number, which should be my phone number but no matter how I enter it (with or without area code) it tells me it doesn't exist. The voicemail area code is not the same as my phone and is actually several hours from my location. I'm thinking this may be (part of) the problem. Heading back to the AT&T store in a bit to find out.

3 of 7 (13,227 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2011 8:00:09 AM
(0)
Teacher

What happened because I am having the same problem...i had to end up setting up my google voice account on my phone and using its voicemail...but idk if that really works

What happened because I am having the same problem...i had to end up setting up my google voice account on my phone and using its voicemail...but idk if that really works

4 of 7 (13,190 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2011 5:00:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

Had the same problem with voicemail setup.  Mailbox number was requested.  I went to the ATT website, started a chat with a tech, and he reset something on the account, had me power down the phone and then full voicemail options were immediately available just by pressing "1".  I don't know why this wouldn't automatically be set up at time of phone activation.  But, that's what you have to do.  Also, for those that posted their questions here, it would be really nice if you'd actually follow up with how you resolved your problem.  You looked here for an answer, expecting someone else to give it to you, but you're not willing to provide the answers you found to the rest of us?...  You're welcome.

Had the same problem with voicemail setup.  Mailbox number was requested.  I went to the ATT website, started a chat with a tech, and he reset something on the account, had me power down the phone and then full voicemail options were immediately available just by pressing "1".  I don't know why this wouldn't automatically be set up at time of phone activation.  But, that's what you have to do.  Also, for those that posted their questions here, it would be really nice if you'd actually follow up with how you resolved your problem.  You looked here for an answer, expecting someone else to give it to you, but you're not willing to provide the answers you found to the rest of us?...  You're welcome.

5 of 7 (12,502 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2011 8:43:07 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks for this!!!
Thanks for this!!!

6 of 7 (11,499 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2012 4:59:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just got off with technical support - apparently, the phone comes "switched on" for voicemail setup but if you don't use it *(set it up) right away, the feature is "turned off" and you have to contact them to get it turned back on.

I just got off with technical support - apparently, the phone comes "switched on" for voicemail setup but if you don't use it *(set it up) right away, the feature is "turned off" and you have to contact them to get it turned back on.

7 of 7 (6,667 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments