Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 2, 2011
8:08:35 PM
View profile
Samsung Infuse 4G issues
Edited by long.steve on Jun 2, 2011 at 8:11:08 PM

Okay so I've had this phone about a week or so now and I'm wondering if the following issues are standard fare for the Infuse, Android or what:

1. The LEDs on the front of the phone seem to be non-functional. It seems to me that something should light up when you plug it into the charger and change colors when it's fully charged.

Also, shouldn't the LED's indicate a new message, e-mail, voice message received?

2. Bluetooth seems to only allow one bluetooth device at a time to be pared with it. I had my Plantronics pared with it and then I pared my Moto S9 stereo headset with it and it kicked out the Plantronics headset.???? That seems odd to me.

3. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to make the phone both silent and no vibration without clicking several things. Seems like there should be a one touch thing somewhere.

4. Is there a way to tell how many satellites your gps has found in google maps (google maps seems to have come standard on the phone)? Sometimes it says my location is not available right now but it will find my location sitting in my house but it's not fast about it. In my building at work, it won't find any at all which isn't very surprising really.

I think there is one more thing but my memory is failing me right now so I'll let it go for now.

Steve

Okay so I've had this phone about a week or so now and I'm wondering if the following issues are standard fare for the Infuse, Android or what:

1. The LEDs on the front of the phone seem to be non-functional. It seems to me that something should light up when you plug it into the charger and change colors when it's fully charged.

Also, shouldn't the LED's indicate a new message, e-mail, voice message received?

2. Bluetooth seems to only allow one bluetooth device at a time to be pared with it. I had my Plantronics pared with it and then I pared my Moto S9 stereo headset with it and it kicked out the Plantronics headset.???? That seems odd to me.

3. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to make the phone both silent and no vibration without clicking several things. Seems like there should be a one touch thing somewhere.

4. Is there a way to tell how many satellites your gps has found in google maps (google maps seems to have come standard on the phone)? Sometimes it says my location is not available right now but it will find my location sitting in my house but it's not fast about it. In my building at work, it won't find any at all which isn't very surprising really.

I think there is one more thing but my memory is failing me right now so I'll let it go for now.

Steve

Samsung Infuse 4G issues

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 10:54:50 AM
(0)
Scholar
Another issue is that a basic email account doesn't seem to update on schedule. Sure, if I open the account it updates. But, not so much without doing that. For instance, I opened my comcast account this morning only to watch it update email from yesterday. The account is set to update hourly.
Another issue is that a basic email account doesn't seem to update on schedule. Sure, if I open the account it updates. But, not so much without doing that. For instance, I opened my comcast account this morning only to watch it update email from yesterday. The account is set to update hourly.

Re: Samsung Infuse 4G issues

2 of 6 (1,632 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2011 10:07:17 AM
(0)
Teacher

There are no LED's even on this phone!!!

a front facing cam -yes

proximitor-yes

led-NONE ZERO

you want led's switch to a diff phone,like the htc inspire...btw the inspires speakerphone sucks

if you go in to the settings and sound vibrate press the arrow next to it then press never...that will make it silent without vibrate being on

the phone will not let you use to sound bluetooth devices...it wants you to pick

either or

wont do both...thats not odd

There are no LED's even on this phone!!!

a front facing cam -yes

proximitor-yes

led-NONE ZERO

you want led's switch to a diff phone,like the htc inspire...btw the inspires speakerphone sucks

if you go in to the settings and sound vibrate press the arrow next to it then press never...that will make it silent without vibrate being on

the phone will not let you use to sound bluetooth devices...it wants you to pick

either or

wont do both...thats not odd

3 of 6 (1,370 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2011 5:33:28 PM
(0)
Guru

There is no way to view number of sats directly from Google Maps.

If you wish, you can grab GPS Status and Toolbox from the Market - it's free and a VERY useful app.

There is no way to view number of sats directly from Google Maps.

If you wish, you can grab GPS Status and Toolbox from the Market - it's free and a VERY useful app.

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

4 of 6 (1,313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2011 12:56:57 PM
(0)
Master
The app called GPS Test works well to for viewing the number of satellites and the accuracy.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
The app called GPS Test works well to for viewing the number of satellites and the accuracy.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

5 of 6 (1,273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2011 7:55:35 AM
(0)
Guru

Also, not sure if it works on stock firmware, but the app "SGS Tools" on the market lets you access a lot of test menus, including Samsung's "LBSTest" mode, which lets you test/configure the GPS.  Be careful about the "configure" part though...

Also, not sure if it works on stock firmware, but the app "SGS Tools" on the market lets you access a lot of test menus, including Samsung's "LBSTest" mode, which lets you test/configure the GPS.  Be careful about the "configure" part though...

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

6 of 6 (1,160 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments