Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 1, 2011
11:29:23 AM
View profile
Samsung Infuse 2.3.? Update

Hey AT&T where is the gingerbread update? We were informed we would be receiving this last month?

Hey AT&T where is the gingerbread update? We were informed we would be receiving this last month?

Samsung Infuse 2.3.? Update

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2011 10:28:34 AM
(0)
Contributor

You know it's kind of imbarrassing when Rogers from canada is able to release the samsung infuse 4g already with gingerbread 2.3 and At&t which took for ever to release the equipment as it is and has been in the market for some time already and can't release a simple update(OTA) and it's not even about taking your time cause i do understand it takes time for it , but to promise for it to come out in August and being Sept. 10 and still no update...  It's better to tell your consumers coming soon then post something that At&t does not come through with..... get it together At&t.... 

You know it's kind of imbarrassing when Rogers from canada is able to release the samsung infuse 4g already with gingerbread 2.3 and At&t which took for ever to release the equipment as it is and has been in the market for some time already and can't release a simple update(OTA) and it's not even about taking your time cause i do understand it takes time for it , but to promise for it to come out in August and being Sept. 10 and still no update...  It's better to tell your consumers coming soon then post something that At&t does not come through with..... get it together At&t.... 

Re: Samsung Infuse 2.3.? Update

2 of 8 (3,758 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2011 2:05:28 PM
(0)
Contributor

Between not updating the infuse with Gingerbread 2.3 (the kernel is almost a year old now) and advertising 4g when there is no 4g (guess that's how you stay competitive), I've started to question my loyalty to ATT.  I just renewed my plan when I could have had a 2.3 phone, and a 4g LTE network from another carrier.  Probably for less money too.

Between not updating the infuse with Gingerbread 2.3 (the kernel is almost a year old now) and advertising 4g when there is no 4g (guess that's how you stay competitive), I've started to question my loyalty to ATT.  I just renewed my plan when I could have had a 2.3 phone, and a 4g LTE network from another carrier.  Probably for less money too.

3 of 8 (3,396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2011 12:23:17 AM
(0)
Teacher
Customer service is no where near the #1 priority for ATT. Their actions in many areas prove this.
Customer service is no where near the #1 priority for ATT. Their actions in many areas prove this.

4 of 8 (3,354 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 9:48:10 AM
(0)
Contributor

Pretty sad when my friend has had 2.3 on her US Cellular Galaxy S for months now. ATT's Captivate will probably never see it. Still not one word on the infuse getting it.

Pretty sad when my friend has had 2.3 on her US Cellular Galaxy S for months now. ATT's Captivate will probably never see it. Still not one word on the infuse getting it.

5 of 8 (2,762 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 12:01:36 PM
(0)
Guru

The UCKJ2 leak for Infuse is quite promising.

That said, the Captivate has had many "promising" leaks, but still no Gingerbread.

The UCKJ2 leak for Infuse is quite promising.

That said, the Captivate has had many "promising" leaks, but still no Gingerbread.

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

6 of 8 (2,752 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 9:22:05 AM
(0)
Contributor

I can't believe ICS has come out before GB available for Infuse. ATT needs to get their act together.

I can't believe ICS has come out before GB available for Infuse. ATT needs to get their act together.

7 of 8 (2,677 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2011 12:11:03 PM
(0)
Mentor

I am a 10 year AT&T customer and while I am looking forward to the GB update, my wife and I are really fed up with our Infuses...daily reboots, sometimes slows to a crawl, making a call can take 10+ seconds...call quality is horrible...we may replacee them with the upcoming HTC Titan...just not happy with the phones...we've even reset both phones and over time, they become unuseable...and we don't load a lot of apps on them either.

I am a 10 year AT&T customer and while I am looking forward to the GB update, my wife and I are really fed up with our Infuses...daily reboots, sometimes slows to a crawl, making a call can take 10+ seconds...call quality is horrible...we may replacee them with the upcoming HTC Titan...just not happy with the phones...we've even reset both phones and over time, they become unuseable...and we don't load a lot of apps on them either.

8 of 8 (2,579 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments