Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 22, 2011
5:14:47 PM
View profile
Samsung Impression Touchscreen Not Working
Edited by animalzrforever on Nov 22, 2011 at 6:02:44 PM

The other day I was trying to access a previously recieved text message on my Samsung Impression. I accidently clicked contacts instead of menu, so I hit back. When I tried to hit menu it wouldn't respond to my touch, I had initially believed it just froze. So, I tried powering it off for a bit and back on... still unresponsive to touch with the exception of the vibration. Then took out the battery and sim card for several hours... when I replaced them and powered on it was still unresponsive to touch with the exception of the vibration. I was trying everything to see what would work and I noticed that when accessing the Create a text screen (via the qwerty keyboard) the touch screen works (only in landscape mode... seems to only be functional when keyboard is open), but is way off. No matter where I touch it thinks I am touching the far left. I've seen that the screen randomly stopping is an issue with this phone but I haven't heard anybody saying that the screen works at all when they have the issue so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what could be wrong with it because I need to get some stuff off of it and was trying to avoid a full blown factory reset...

update: It is now no longer even vibrating when I touch it with the exception of the create a message screen when I have the keyboard open.

The other day I was trying to access a previously recieved text message on my Samsung Impression. I accidently clicked contacts instead of menu, so I hit back. When I tried to hit menu it wouldn't respond to my touch, I had initially believed it just froze. So, I tried powering it off for a bit and back on... still unresponsive to touch with the exception of the vibration. Then took out the battery and sim card for several hours... when I replaced them and powered on it was still unresponsive to touch with the exception of the vibration. I was trying everything to see what would work and I noticed that when accessing the Create a text screen (via the qwerty keyboard) the touch screen works (only in landscape mode... seems to only be functional when keyboard is open), but is way off. No matter where I touch it thinks I am touching the far left. I've seen that the screen randomly stopping is an issue with this phone but I haven't heard anybody saying that the screen works at all when they have the issue so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what could be wrong with it because I need to get some stuff off of it and was trying to avoid a full blown factory reset...

update: It is now no longer even vibrating when I touch it with the exception of the create a message screen when I have the keyboard open.

Samsung Impression Touchscreen Not Working

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2011 9:03:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I hate to say it, but I believe the phone is as good as a paperweight. I had my previous Samsung Mythic do the exact same thing earlier this year to me...I still have it and it still does not respond to my touch.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I hate to say it, but I believe the phone is as good as a paperweight. I had my previous Samsung Mythic do the exact same thing earlier this year to me...I still have it and it still does not respond to my touch.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Samsung Impression Touchscreen Not Working

2 of 5 (3,290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2011 2:56:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have 4 impressions that are a little over a year old. Three of my four phones have started to do what you are describing. I called ATT and was told that the only thing they could do is allow me to do a new upgrade at 18 dollars per phone. This was offered to me after I had some heated conversation at them. I was sent to several people to get this done. I decided to call Samsung and when I gave them the serial number under the battery the said they were still under warrantee according to their database. I am sending them my three faulty phones for repair.

I have 4 impressions that are a little over a year old. Three of my four phones have started to do what you are describing. I called ATT and was told that the only thing they could do is allow me to do a new upgrade at 18 dollars per phone. This was offered to me after I had some heated conversation at them. I was sent to several people to get this done. I decided to call Samsung and when I gave them the serial number under the battery the said they were still under warrantee according to their database. I am sending them my three faulty phones for repair.

3 of 5 (3,274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2011 4:55:16 AM
(0)
Scholar
Seems even though the Impression was the best feature phone we ever they're touch screen assemblies can not stand the test of time , just in our house we had to have 3 different ones replaced for reasons similar to what you speaking of here, I myself went through three before finally getting AT&T to replace it with a smartphone for very discounted price (also after some heated exchanges with at&t's customer support). I personally know 6 different Impression owners and not one of them lasted more then 18 months, obviously there is a defect and there's no way AT&T can say otherwise.
Seems even though the Impression was the best feature phone we ever they're touch screen assemblies can not stand the test of time , just in our house we had to have 3 different ones replaced for reasons similar to what you speaking of here, I myself went through three before finally getting AT&T to replace it with a smartphone for very discounted price (also after some heated exchanges with at&t's customer support). I personally know 6 different Impression owners and not one of them lasted more then 18 months, obviously there is a defect and there's no way AT&T can say otherwise.

4 of 5 (3,263 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2011 7:51:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
You're right, pmt1209. After my Mythic randomly poo-pooed on me, I switched to a smartphone(s) and I don't plan on going back. Smartphones seem to last a while longer compared to feature phones.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

You're right, pmt1209. After my Mythic randomly poo-pooed on me, I switched to a smartphone(s) and I don't plan on going back. Smartphones seem to last a while longer compared to feature phones.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (3,252 Views)