Samsung Impression DNS Error

Tutor

Samsung Impression DNS Error

For the past two days, I've been unable to connect to the internet via MediaNet. The browser cycles through several connection attempts then a message appears stating "DNS Error". There doesn't appear to be anyplace to verify or adjust DNS settings. The one place these settings do appear, "Advanced Settings" they're set to 0.0.0.0 and are greyed out. Since it's Sunday, I can't get any technical help from AT&T. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 8 (4,333 Views)
Professor

Re: Samsung Impression DNS Error

sodajerk1 wrote:
For the past two days, I've been unable to connect to the internet via MediaNet. The browser cycles through several connection attempts then a message appears stating "DNS Error". There doesn't appear to be anyplace to verify or adjust DNS settings. The one place these settings do appear, "Advanced Settings" they're set to 0.0.0.0 and are greyed out. Since it's Sunday, I can't get any technical help from AT&T. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I don't know if you've tried the answer center, but click here and check all the settings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 2 of 8 (4,327 Views)
Master

After hours Care number is 1-866-801-3600

Message 3 of 8 (4,316 Views)
Tutor

I checked-out the recommendations on the answer center link but had tried each of these already. Thanks for the suggestion, anyway.
Message 4 of 8 (4,313 Views)
Tutor

Thanks for the number. I'll give this a try in the early AM. Hopefully it'll save me a trip to the AT&T store.
Message 5 of 8 (4,312 Views)
Professor

have you tried using openDNS?
Message 6 of 8 (4,274 Views)
Tutor

jii wrote:
have you tried using openDNS?
Everything started working fine the next morning. Seems like there must have either been an outage for support of this phone or the phone itself has an issue. I will continue to monitor.

Message 7 of 8 (4,264 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well in response to your post, I also have that same problem and I called att for help and operator # MG780T and operator #1G746S told me that texas has had an outage at least six weeks! Although my wife has no problems accessing the internet from her phone! I asked operator # MG780T to pass me on to someone that could resolve my problem and he gave me a handfull of excuses....1)no one else is available..2) if you look at the terms and conditions..it states" service is not guaranteed"..3) wait six weeks and see what happens....and on and on.  Then he told me to wait and operator #1G746S(Ivan { Personal information removed } ) came on the line and told me that he was going to try to troubleshoot the phone with me.....put me on hold......then came back telling me that there is a known issue of outage in Texas and that he could not do anything about it and all I could do was wait and call back in two days to see if they had the problem resolved....oh and he credited my account $2.36...WOW! He also gave me a ticket # TT000015994984.  So i dont know what good that ticket number is going to do for me, since it is a texas data outage ticket....hmmmmm so what do all you people think about att now?  I am not one bit satisfied with their customer service or data service for that fact.....if anyone knows a fix for this please let me know...or let att know what their customer service reps are doing!

Message 8 of 8 (1,709 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support