Samsung Impression Crashes. perhaps a software fix to this????

Samsung Impression Crashes. perhaps a software fix to this????

I have a samsung impression and it crashes when i do the folling actions.

create a text message  but dont type anything

click on the screen so the phone shows the touchscreen keyboard (the qwerty one)

then touch t9

then type the following

Aw babe sorry, i j

it should freeze on j.

I have tried this on various impressions and all crashed and rebooted (no memory or setting were deleted, at least to my knowledge)

Plz other people try  it and see if it crashes.

I have made it crash by only typing certain parts of this then typing other random stuff.

Message 1 of 23 (14,475 Views)
Tutor

Re: Samsung Impression Crashes. perhaps a software fix to this????

I have software version A877UCIB7 as well Seraphimprime, if you open a text and hold the phone landscape (hotdog) and then do it it should crash. You have to use the full on screen keyboard in t9 and push i then space and it should crash.

Sorry about my previous message being so difficult to read. Does anyone else have a "No event" widget on their widget bar they can't get rid of? Does anyone else have problems with the "Auto Delete Inbox - The Oldest when Full" setting? Mine still tells me I have to delete a message before I can receive anymore once my inbox is full, even though it's on this setting.

Why doesn't Samsung release an update for this phone?
Message 16 of 23 (7,047 Views)
Tutor

What other problems do you have mickey503?
Message 17 of 23 (7,046 Views)
Contributor

melokiok wrote:

I have software version A877UCIB7 as well Seraphimprime, if you open a text and hold the phone landscape (hotdog) and then do it it should crash. You have to use the full on screen keyboard in t9 and push i then space and it should crash.

Sorry about my previous message being so difficult to read. Does anyone else have a "No event" widget on their widget bar they can't get rid of? Does anyone else have problems with the "Auto Delete Inbox - The Oldest when Full" setting? Mine still tells me I have to delete a message before I can receive anymore once my inbox is full, even though it's on this setting.

Why doesn't Samsung release an update for this phone?

I have the same problem with the Auto-Delete Inbox.  I've tried calling AT&T, but all I got was a voicemail (my phone did not ring) where they said if I had issues, to get a warranty phone..

How ridiculous.  Just release a firmware update to fix the dern thing.

Message 18 of 23 (6,985 Views)
Contributor

Just wondering if there has been an update regarding the 'no event' on the widget.
Message 19 of 23 (6,722 Views)
Tutor

The "no event" is actually just what it shows when you don't have any missed calls or new text messages or a voice mail. If you miss a call you and you don't get rid of the dialogue box you will notice the No Event changes or disappears. I think it's intentional, but the auto delete inbox thing is really beginning to frustrate me.

it's like my dose of frustration once every week lol.

Message 20 of 23 (6,674 Views)
Contributor

I figured out how to fix this issue it was frustrating me as well.  Open up the widget bar on the left side of the touch screen and drag and drop the 'No event' dialog into it.  All gone!
Message 21 of 23 (2,466 Views)
Teacher

can someone start an online petition for an update that will fix all this??? im willing to get everyone in my house to sign. ive contacted AT&T via facebook and they know nothing of an update and all they could say is to contact Samsung. Im suppose to be getting this phone soon for my bday (which is today =]) but i dont wanna deal with a defective phone. Its a great phone just it needs to be ironed out

Message 22 of 23 (1,678 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

I would not wish the Impression on my worst enemy. My wife has it and neither of us can stand it. She would rather go back to her Nokia from 10 years ago. My brother in law just got a Samsung Rogue with the same OS, but updated, and it isn't even close to the OS version on the Impression. The touch screen is way better, the scrolling is a million times better, there is an on-screen unlock button instead of the dumb side button. I could go on and on.

I bet all that it would take is a FIRMWARE UPDATE PLEASE!!!!! But, obviously Samsung is all about selling a ton of expensive junk phones rather than fixing them with simple firmware updates.

Message 23 of 23 (1,571 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support