Samsung Impression A877 DEMSBL BOOT Loader for MSM6290 More than Downloader V5.50

Contributor

Samsung Impression A877 DEMSBL BOOT Loader for MSM6290 More than Downloader V5.50

I had turned off my phone, was just about to plug in the charger when the following message popped up on my computer.

"DEMSBL BOOT Loader for MSM6290

Morethan Downloader V5.50"

The message won't turn off, go away, and now I can't turn the phone on or off.  Can't do anything with the phone.  Has anyone seen this? experienced this? know what is going on?

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 7 (13,473 Views)
Scholar

Re: Samsung Impression A877 DEMSBL BOOT Loader for MSM6290 More than Downloader V5.50

Some quick googling seems to indicate you get this by holding down certain keys when turning the phone on.  Sounds like a way to flash or reset or something.  IN any event, try pulling the battery out, waiting a few minutes, then putting the battery back in, making sure you aren't pushing any buttons while doing so.  If it comes back, pull the battery out and make sure none of the buttons are stuck or wedged and try putting it back in.  Of course, turn the phone on if it doesn't come back on when you put the battery back in (can't remember if it does that or not.)

Message 2 of 7 (13,432 Views)
Contributor

Re: Samsung Impression A877 DEMSBL BOOT Loader for MSM6290 More than Downloader V5.50

None of those options worked for me, I am having the same issues

Message 3 of 7 (9,202 Views)
Contributor

This just happened to my phone! I think its from holding the unlock side button at the same time as turning it on and charging it. Solution: take out battery and sim card un plug phone let it sit then put it back together! It worked for me I hope it will work for you.

Message 4 of 7 (6,591 Views)
Contributor

I had the same problem after screen replacement and assembly.

I found that I had assembled the volume button upside down which causes constant pressure and I could feel no movement when I pressed this button.  I dis-assembled, noted the small tab on the side of the button that fits a recess in the case bezel, reassembled and the issue was resolved.  (it helps if you insert the button properly into the bezel, please some scotch tape on the bezel and face of the volume button to hold in place during assembly.)

Message 5 of 7 (6,272 Views)
Contributor

I just bought a data cord(USB) at Amazon for under $2, plugged it in and all is working. I unplugged it and that's it.

Message 6 of 7 (6,118 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just wanted to share this story:

Two days ago I dropped my phone in water. I grabbed it out very quickly, so I thought there was a pretty good chance of saving it. I tried to turn it on right away (which I was later told was a bad idea...no idea if that's true or not...). It would turn on and then while in the loading screen turn off again. Eventually it just stoppped turning on all together.  I did some quick google-ing and completely took apart the phone, including unscewing the back plate. I then held the phone under a very strong hand dryer (which has very little heat, just strong air) then left it in a bowl of rice for around 36 hours (in pieces still). 

I just turned it on and was thrilled that it lit up! But when I saw that message, I thought that was the end for this poor little mangled cell phone. Luckily I turned to google once more, found this thread, and gave the switching around the volume keys a try, and it worked!! 

My phone is now fully functional. Thanks so much to whoever discovered the backwards volume key issue Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 7 (4,991 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.