Samsung Galaxy s3 order issues

Tutor

Samsung Galaxy s3 order issues

So I preordered the S3 on the 6th, get an email saying there was an issue and to call a number and get it fixed. I do that. The next day I check my order status and it still says there's a problem, I call the number AGAIN and find out the lady from the 6th didn't end up processing my order. This new rep tells me she is changing my shipping to overnight for free. Awesome except now I don't know if my phone is going to come out on the 18th or not til the 21st since it wasn't on the first day of preorders. Anyone else having issues with their preorder? Also, I tried online chatting with a rep and he couldn't look up my status since it was placed on the phone. If at&t releases the phone on the 18th wouldn't I get my phone on the 18th or 19th since I have that overnight shipping? Does anyone know how long it takes from shipping? This is my first preorder so I don't know if they send it out on the release date or the day before so the people who did preorder it get it on the actual day. I just don't get what the preorder thing is all about if it's not meant for people who order online to get it before people in a store. There should be a benefit to it.Woman Frustrated

Message 1 of 12 (4,518 Views)
Tutor

Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 order issues

Well just got off the phone with At&t. The rep said everyone who preordered will get it on the 21st. Freakin lame!!!! Never preordering again. Rather get it straight from the store on the day of the release. Woman Mad

Message 2 of 12 (4,506 Views)
Scholar

Oneluv5 wrote:

Well just got off the phone with At&t. The rep said everyone who preordered will get it on the 21st. Freakin lame!!!! Never preordering again. Rather get it straight from the store on the day of the release. Woman Mad

I started the pre-order process via AT&T CS on 6/6/12 as I was retaining my current unlimited data plan. After the Rep completed inputting all needed info into the system, she promised that I would be called back on 6/12/12 to complete the process.

After not receiving the promised callback on 6/12/12, I called CS myself I spoke to another AT&T CS Rep. I informed her that the Rep I spoke with on the 6th had promised that I would receive a callback on the 12th.

She checked my notes & found the note that I was to be called back on the 12th, but it had been pushed forward to Saturday, 6/16/12. I then asked her why wasn't at least shown the courtesy of someone calling me back on the 12th to inform me that there would be a delay.

She didn't have an answer but made a striong point that was not the way that AT&T treated its customers. She was profusely apologetic & informed me that she was was "noting heavily" in my account notes regarding this incident. The Rep  ended the call by apologizing agan & ensuring that I'd receive a callback on the 16th.

So, I'll just sit back & see what happens on the 16th...

Message 3 of 12 (4,111 Views)
Tutor

That's lame. I don't understand how At&t can hire people who don't know how to do their job or follow up with customers. Aren't the calls recorded to insure quality? They need to review their audio and make notes and follow up on a rep when they tell customers information. If it wasn't for Verizon being so over priced, I would switch to them in a heartbeat. If there are any more problems with my order, they will not hear the end of it that's for sure.

Message 4 of 12 (3,917 Views)
Scholar

Oneluv5 wrote:

That's lame. I don't understand how At&t can hire people who don't know how to do their job or follow up with customers. Aren't the calls recorded to insure quality? They need to review their audio and make notes and follow up on a rep when they tell customers information. If it wasn't for Verizon being so over priced, I would switch to them in a heartbeat. If there are any more problems with my order, they will not hear the end of it that's for sure.

Yep, pretty lame. However, I never let things go without further investigation even though it uses my time. I soon after sent CS an email essentially using the same info that I posted here, but with the names of the Reps included. I got a response within 30 minutes verifying that my account notes dd include specific notes from the last Rep that I spoke with & a guarantee that I would definitely receive the promised callback on the 16th. Then to top that off, about 30 minutes later, I received a 3-question interactive text message to follow-up with me once again. Maybe there's some light at the end of the tunnel after all...

Message 5 of 12 (3,898 Views)
Teacher

Here's what happens when you try to deal with at&t customer service. It SUCKS!

1. placed a pre-order on 06/06 for Samsung GSIII. I am basically adding a line to my current account.

2. i receive an automated email with the order# etc.

3. I sit back happily waiting for my phone to arrive on 06/21 or earlier. I tried checking my order status out of curiousity
that my device will arrive earlier than expected. However, I can't see any orders placed in myaccount.

4. I opened up a live web chat session about my order status. She told me that she could locate the order, but the order is
waiting on some information from me. No one ever reached out to me for that information. She told she can't help me out
online and I need to give a call to their CS department.

5. I call up CS immediately. After 15 minutes of wait time, the lady on the line says she can see the order but can't
retrieve any information since the order is still open by another representative. Ridiculous!!!! She asked me to call back
in 2 hours.

6. I call up after 2 hours. The cS rep this time says the earlier order couldn't go through because they needed my pass code
for the account and it was not avaiable with them for the order to go through. They never sent me an email for want of
information in first place. She told me she will help me out in placing a new order on phone for the same device. So I lost 10 days of valuable time for nothing. She said I will recieve the order details by email.

7. I never received an email from att with the new order#. So i call up after 3 days. After 30 mins wait time, the representative says that she can see the order but it is waiting at the billing department and I need to talk to them for it to move forward.What the heck is this? I need to call everytime to move my order forward. Can't they process themselves? Are they not being paid? She told she will put me on hold so that she can contact the billing dept. I waitied for 15 minutes and the call got disconnected.

I am too tired to give them a call again. I will try my luck again tomorrow and keep you guys posted.

Message 6 of 12 (3,446 Views)
Scholar

sree1982 wrote:

Here's what happens when you try to deal with at&t customer service. It SUCKS!

1. placed a pre-order on 06/06 for Samsung GSIII. I am basically adding a line to my current account.

2. i receive an automated email with the order# etc.

[I received one as well. That said, I must admit that AT&T shoudn't send out a 'misleading' email like this when technically an order has not been transacted yet.]

3. I sit back happily waiting for my phone to arrive on 06/21 or earlier. I tried checking my order status out of curiousity
that my device will arrive earlier than expected. However, I can't see any orders placed in myaccount.

[You note that you're adding a new line to your account. By chance, are you grandfathering your data plan as well? Regardless, you're pre-ordering & in essence haven't placed an order yet. Thus, it will not appear as an order until it moves from pre-order status.]

4. I opened up a live web chat session about my order status. She told me that she could locate the order, but the order is
waiting on some information from me. No one ever reached out to me for that information. She told she can't help me out
online and I need to give a call to their CS department.

5. I call up CS immediately. After 15 minutes of wait time, the lady on the line says she can see the order but can't
retrieve any information since the order is still open by another representative. Ridiculous!!!! She asked me to call back
in 2 hours.

6. I call up after 2 hours. The cS rep this time says the earlier order couldn't go through because they needed my pass code
for the account and it was not avaiable with them for the order to go through. They never sent me an email for want of
information in first place. She told me she will help me out in placing a new order on phone for the same device. So I lost 10 days of valuable time for nothing. She said I will recieve the order details by email.

7. I never received an email from att with the new order#. So i call up after 3 days. After 30 mins wait time, the representative says that she can see the order but it is waiting at the billing department and I need to talk to them for it to move forward.What the heck is this? I need to call everytime to move my order forward. Can't they process themselves? Are they not being paid? She told she will put me on hold so that she can contact the billing dept. I waitied for 15 minutes and the call got disconnected.

I am too tired to give them a call again. I will try my luck again tomorrow and keep you guys posted.

Sorry that you've had such a horrible experience thus far with your pre-order! If you see my other posts, you'll see that our experience are, for the lack of a better expression, polar opposites of each other.

One tip I can share with you right off the top is forget calling. Use email. I like to have all of my interactions, when possible to be documented so I use the email route. Using that route, if I'm not satisfied with the response, I can follow-up for further clarify, & if it comes to a point that I'm still not satisfied, I'll request that the issue be escalated. I've encountered very few problems using this method.

I noted a couple of items above (in red) regarding a couple of points that you made.

Good luck!

Message 7 of 12 (3,395 Views)
Teacher

Thanks Randun. Can I have the email address that I could use to communiate with the CS for these issues? Also, what is the typical reponse time if I take the email route?
Message 8 of 12 (3,383 Views)
Scholar

sree1982 wrote:
Thanks Randun. Can I have the email address that I could use to communiate with the CS for these issues? Also, what is the typical reponse time if I take the email route?

Not a problem. There is no specific email address. Log into your account main page. Scroll down to the very bottom & use the "Contact Us" link. It will open a new tab where you'll be given 3 subject drop-down boxes. Complete them & write your message (450 character limit I think), click Submit & that's 'all she wrote'. Turnaround time averages 30 minutes. You'll receive an acknowledgement email first. Just remember to 'stand your ground' but be polite & you should be good to go.

Message 9 of 12 (3,372 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Message 10 of 12 (2,848 Views)
Scholar

tjkoko wrote:

http://thedroidguy.com/2012/06/att-pushes-back-samsung-galaxy-s3-release-date-to-june-28th/

Doesn't surprise me at all. Although I must admit that I've not seen another source yet that corroborates this article.

Message 11 of 12 (2,828 Views)
Scholar

randun wrote:

tjkoko wrote:

http://thedroidguy.com/2012/06/att-pushes-back-samsung-galaxy-s3-release-date-to-june-28th/

Doesn't surprise me at all. Although I must admit that I've not seen another source yet that corroborates this article.

Just did a quick check on xda. Judging by this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1692257&page=290) the article is dead wrong!

Message 12 of 12 (2,826 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.