Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 16, 2012
3:01:14 AM
Samsung Galaxy S3 Release date??

any one know the release date? i preordered the gs3 at radioshack? they told me the 18th - 21st

i realy want to know the exact date. i realy need a new phone since mines is wrecked :\

any one know the release date? i preordered the gs3 at radioshack? they told me the 18th - 21st

i realy want to know the exact date. i realy need a new phone since mines is wrecked :\

Samsung Galaxy S3 Release date??

41 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(41)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2012 4:50:01 AM
(0)
Expert

ItzSupaSteveXD wrote:

peer to peer forum, if it has not ben officially publsihed any answer here your be a guess

ItzSupaSteveXD wrote:

peer to peer forum, if it has not ben officially publsihed any answer here your be a guess

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Release date??

2 of 42 (9,055 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2012 4:39:48 PM
(0)
Mentor

dang. ugh i want a date already lol

3 of 42 (8,916 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2012 6:19:29 PM
(0)
Expert

ItzSupaSteveXD wrote:

ok, June 31st Smiley Happy

ItzSupaSteveXD wrote:

ok, June 31st Smiley Happy

4 of 42 (8,907 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2012 5:39:06 AM
(0)
Contributor
from what I understood, pre ordered phones will be shipped out on the 18th and should be delivered sometime from the 18th to 21st.
from what I understood, pre ordered phones will be shipped out on the 18th and should be delivered sometime from the 18th to 21st.

5 of 42 (8,670 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2012 8:09:08 AM
(0)
Master
It could still get delayed by Apple. After all the judge did not say the phone did not infringe on the patents just that the judge did not have time to look at the case properly. Sounds like an appeal probably in the works?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
It could still get delayed by Apple. After all the judge did not say the phone did not infringe on the patents just that the judge did not have time to look at the case properly. Sounds like an appeal probably in the works?

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

6 of 42 (8,589 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2012 9:00:00 AM
(0)
Contributor
It's too late for it to be delayed by apple though. The phone will be released before apple can do anything about it. The question is wether they will actually succeed in sueing them later on. I doubt it.
It's too late for it to be delayed by apple though. The phone will be released before apple can do anything about it. The question is wether they will actually succeed in sueing them later on. I doubt it.

7 of 42 (8,559 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2012 3:25:33 PM
(0)
Expert

mfa157 wrote:

no it isn't to late, amazing how fast somethings happen when you have enough money to throw at it.

mfa157 wrote:

no it isn't to late, amazing how fast somethings happen when you have enough money to throw at it.

8 of 42 (8,438 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2012 12:14:23 AM
(0)
Mentor

i hope it wont be delayed. i want this phone badly

i hope it wont be delayed. i want this phone badly

9 of 42 (8,281 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2012 2:16:53 AM
(0)
Employee
Apple needs to go away.
Apple needs to go away.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 42 (8,260 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2012 5:42:04 AM
(0)
Mentor

i know. do you know when it will be released?

i know. do you know when it will be released?

11 of 42 (8,220 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2012 7:07:12 AM
(0)
Master
Samsung needs to do some original work of their own:-)

Samsung needs to do some original work of their own:-)

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

12 of 42 (8,171 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 10:52:16 AM
(0)
Tutor

Because Apple has NEVER used someone else's good idea.  Guess who invented the mouse?  Xerox. 

There's nothing wrong with incorporating good ideas that came from someone else or even better, improving on them.  Patents are there to protect good ideas that are unique enough to be patentable.  And maybe some of the ideas that Apple had deserved patents and they're well within their rights to defend them.  Having said that, they're DEFINITELY using patents as legal levers to harm their competitors; does anyone think that droid phones are being bought over iphones because they can turn a phone number on a website or in an email into a clickable link? 

Guess what, Skype had a browser addon that did just that before the iphone came out.  OMG OMG OMG Skype is suing the world to block the sale of anything with a fruit logo on it!!!

Because Apple has NEVER used someone else's good idea.  Guess who invented the mouse?  Xerox. 

There's nothing wrong with incorporating good ideas that came from someone else or even better, improving on them.  Patents are there to protect good ideas that are unique enough to be patentable.  And maybe some of the ideas that Apple had deserved patents and they're well within their rights to defend them.  Having said that, they're DEFINITELY using patents as legal levers to harm their competitors; does anyone think that droid phones are being bought over iphones because they can turn a phone number on a website or in an email into a clickable link? 

Guess what, Skype had a browser addon that did just that before the iphone came out.  OMG OMG OMG Skype is suing the world to block the sale of anything with a fruit logo on it!!!

13 of 42 (6,980 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 12:27:28 PM
(0)
Teacher

I pre-ordered the SIII on the 6th and it has yet to ship. I have to admit that I am a bit annoyed with AT&T, because every time I call to find out when it will ship I get a different answer. My confirmation e-mail and one rep said on the 18th cause I had ordered before 3pm on the 6th, but other answers I have been told are "We don't know", "Before the 22nd", and "Could ship out today". If they cannot get it straight in time I will just cancel and buy it in a store on the 21st. What is the point in pre-ordering if you cannot have the phone at least by the day it is released in stores? This doesn't add up.

I pre-ordered the SIII on the 6th and it has yet to ship. I have to admit that I am a bit annoyed with AT&T, because every time I call to find out when it will ship I get a different answer. My confirmation e-mail and one rep said on the 18th cause I had ordered before 3pm on the 6th, but other answers I have been told are "We don't know", "Before the 22nd", and "Could ship out today". If they cannot get it straight in time I will just cancel and buy it in a store on the 21st. What is the point in pre-ordering if you cannot have the phone at least by the day it is released in stores? This doesn't add up.

14 of 42 (6,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 1:00:04 PM
(0)
Tutor
There is no guaranteed date from AT&T. It might not even be in stores on the 21st. And the reason you preorder is the same reason you preorder anything, you are guaranteed to get one. Items that are known to be a popular seller like phones and video games will be allowed to preorder so you don't have to worry about standing in long lines or praying for the store to have your item in stock. Stop acting like a 5 yr old who wants a new toy and just be patient. When the phone launches you will get one.
There is no guaranteed date from AT&T. It might not even be in stores on the 21st. And the reason you preorder is the same reason you preorder anything, you are guaranteed to get one. Items that are known to be a popular seller like phones and video games will be allowed to preorder so you don't have to worry about standing in long lines or praying for the store to have your item in stock. Stop acting like a 5 yr old who wants a new toy and just be patient. When the phone launches you will get one.

15 of 42 (6,771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 1:48:29 PM
(0)
Teacher

I am aware it is not a guarantee, but I also know to keep up with competitors (who have been known to release their phones as scheduled or before) they need to get it straight. Where ever the problem is whether with AT&T or Samsung. All I want is an upfront answer and I know I’m not the only one. Plus if the fact is they “don’t know” then I’d prefer they were upfront with me and say so. As for you what a life you must have to go out of your way to insult someone. LOL

I am aware it is not a guarantee, but I also know to keep up with competitors (who have been known to release their phones as scheduled or before) they need to get it straight. Where ever the problem is whether with AT&T or Samsung. All I want is an upfront answer and I know I’m not the only one. Plus if the fact is they “don’t know” then I’d prefer they were upfront with me and say so. As for you what a life you must have to go out of your way to insult someone. LOL

16 of 42 (6,680 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 3:01:28 PM
(0)
Tutor
The up front answer is there is no official date being given to normal ATT employees. If there was a date then the information would be leaked everywhere. People would be more upset to be given a date and ATT not make it then the situation we have right now of not having a confirmed date. If you don't believe me, go look at all the people complaining about vzw and the gs3. And you said you would prefer if they didn't know then to just be honest yet in your previous post you said that a rep informed you "they didn't know" but yet it seems you felt a need to continue calling in to ask people who don't know then complain on forums you are gonna cancel your preorder. What a life you must have to complain so much over a silly cell phone. lol
The up front answer is there is no official date being given to normal ATT employees. If there was a date then the information would be leaked everywhere. People would be more upset to be given a date and ATT not make it then the situation we have right now of not having a confirmed date. If you don't believe me, go look at all the people complaining about vzw and the gs3. And you said you would prefer if they didn't know then to just be honest yet in your previous post you said that a rep informed you "they didn't know" but yet it seems you felt a need to continue calling in to ask people who don't know then complain on forums you are gonna cancel your preorder. What a life you must have to complain so much over a silly cell phone. lol

17 of 42 (6,567 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 3:23:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just called them (Premiere member) and they said that if you pre-ordered the phone before the release date (18th), that shipping has started.  But due to the overwhelming number of pre-orders you could get your phone as late as June 28th.  So for those of you that pre-ordered, expect to get your phone sometime between now and June 28th.  They also said that you'll receive notification when it is shipped, so if you haven't gotten notification; then it hasn't been shipped.

Even if it's June 28th, its still faster than Verizon. 

later gators.

I just called them (Premiere member) and they said that if you pre-ordered the phone before the release date (18th), that shipping has started.  But due to the overwhelming number of pre-orders you could get your phone as late as June 28th.  So for those of you that pre-ordered, expect to get your phone sometime between now and June 28th.  They also said that you'll receive notification when it is shipped, so if you haven't gotten notification; then it hasn't been shipped.

Even if it's June 28th, its still faster than Verizon. 

later gators.

18 of 42 (6,537 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 4:55:41 PM
(0)
Teacher

Was transferred 3 times cause they said it wasn’t the right department (hints the different opinions). Was trying to figure out if other customers had the same problem. Didn’t know anyone would get their panties in a twist over someone else’s opinion.

Was transferred 3 times cause they said it wasn’t the right department (hints the different opinions). Was trying to figure out if other customers had the same problem. Didn’t know anyone would get their panties in a twist over someone else’s opinion.

19 of 42 (6,417 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2012 2:35:20 AM
(0)
Mentor

well 1 more day till 21st. hopefully ill get it tomarrow.

well 1 more day till 21st. hopefully ill get it tomarrow.

20 of 42 (5,876 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2012 10:02:42 AM
(0)
Tutor

On June 6th, I pre-ordered from ATT.com and was told it would ship on or around June 18th.   I called ATT this morning and  was told it should ship either next Monday or Tuesday (6/25 or 6/26).   I am going to be very upset if my friends walk out of the AT&T store tomorrow with the SIII .... I mean, why pre-order???  

On June 6th, I pre-ordered from ATT.com and was told it would ship on or around June 18th.   I called ATT this morning and  was told it should ship either next Monday or Tuesday (6/25 or 6/26).   I am going to be very upset if my friends walk out of the AT&T store tomorrow with the SIII .... I mean, why pre-order???  

21 of 42 (5,405 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2012 10:08:41 AM
(0)
Employee
If it goes on sale earlier than expected it'll ship earlier than expected as well
If it goes on sale earlier than expected it'll ship earlier than expected as well
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

22 of 42 (5,389 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2012 10:26:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

When is it expected to go on sale in-store?

When is it expected to go on sale in-store?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

23 of 42 (5,352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2012 8:11:19 PM
(0)
Mentor

Well i Guess its Right The Release Date Is 28th....

Well i Guess its Right The Release Date Is 28th....

25 of 42 (4,755 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2012 9:12:29 PM
(0)
Tutor

I just got email saying my Pebble Blue SIII has shipped!!!

Congratulations your order has shipped! With AT&T, you get the nations’ fastest mobile broadband network* and the best coverage worldwide - more phones that work in more countries**.

I just got email saying my Pebble Blue SIII has shipped!!!

Congratulations your order has shipped! With AT&T, you get the nations’ fastest mobile broadband network* and the best coverage worldwide - more phones that work in more countries**.

26 of 42 (4,718 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2012 7:24:20 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Addisson on Jun 21, 2012 at 7:39:47 AM

Does anyone know what is going on? I can't understand how some are receiving their phones when they ordered within the last week and others who ordered on 06/06 – 06/08 are still listed as pending shipment.

I ordered the white Galaxy S3 on 06/07 and received confirmation – premier account. Nothing has yet been charged to my account and I have not received an email saying it has been shipped. I checked the order status on AT&T’s Web site and the status is still pending shipment.

I called AT&T’s customer service – they said they would open a ticket and I may receive a return call on or before 07/02/2012. I called a local AT&T store – they said they are going to receive their shipment of these phones on 06/24. I called another store and they said they have a tentative time frame to receive them at the end of this month.

Why are customers who ordered in the last few days being shipped their phones and the ones who pre-ordered online weeks ago have not yet been shipped?

Does anyone know what is going on? I can't understand how some are receiving their phones when they ordered within the last week and others who ordered on 06/06 – 06/08 are still listed as pending shipment.

I ordered the white Galaxy S3 on 06/07 and received confirmation – premier account. Nothing has yet been charged to my account and I have not received an email saying it has been shipped. I checked the order status on AT&T’s Web site and the status is still pending shipment.

I called AT&T’s customer service – they said they would open a ticket and I may receive a return call on or before 07/02/2012. I called a local AT&T store – they said they are going to receive their shipment of these phones on 06/24. I called another store and they said they have a tentative time frame to receive them at the end of this month.

Why are customers who ordered in the last few days being shipped their phones and the ones who pre-ordered online weeks ago have not yet been shipped?

[ Edited ]
27 of 42 (4,474 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2012 7:30:08 AM
(0)
Mentor

Addisson wrote:

Why are non-premier customers’ being shipped their phones who did not pre-order online (instead ordered in-store or on the phone) and the ones with premier accounts who pre-ordered online have not yet been shipped?

i heard the blue ones that got ordered before 18th are getting sent out. i ordered my blue one in stores on 9th. still no clue about mine...

Addisson wrote:

Why are non-premier customers’ being shipped their phones who did not pre-order online (instead ordered in-store or on the phone) and the ones with premier accounts who pre-ordered online have not yet been shipped?

i heard the blue ones that got ordered before 18th are getting sent out. i ordered my blue one in stores on 9th. still no clue about mine...

28 of 42 (4,468 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2012 7:43:01 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Addisson on Jun 21, 2012 at 7:46:57 AM
Maybe it is a good thing we haven't been shipped ours yet. I heard some of these phones in the UK burst in to white flames because the battery and hardware got too hot. http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/the-frontline-blog/2186130/galaxy-s3-user-complains-handset-bursts-flames
Maybe it is a good thing we haven't been shipped ours yet. I heard some of these phones in the UK burst in to white flames because the battery and hardware got too hot. http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/the-frontline-blog/2186130/galaxy-s3-user-complains-handset-bursts-flames

[ Edited ]
29 of 42 (4,459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2012 7:44:37 AM
(0)
Mentor

Addisson wrote:
Maybe it is a good thing we haven't been shipped ours yet. I heard some of these phones in the UK burst in to white flames because the battery and hardware got too hot.

i belive theres are diffrent models. 

Addisson wrote:
Maybe it is a good thing we haven't been shipped ours yet. I heard some of these phones in the UK burst in to white flames because the battery and hardware got too hot.

i belive theres are diffrent models. 

30 of 42 (4,453 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments