Samsung Galaxy S3 Release date??

Samsung Galaxy S3 Release date??

any one know the release date? i preordered the gs3 at radioshack? they told me the 18th - 21st

i realy want to know the exact date. i realy need a new phone since mines is wrecked :\

Message 1 of 42

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Release date??

ItzSupaSteveXD wrote:

Addisson wrote:
Maybe it is a good thing we haven't been shipped ours yet. I heard some of these phones in the UK burst in to white flames because the battery and hardware got too hot.

i belive theres are diffrent models. 

i see white. 

if its not the blue one then its okay?

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2012/06/21/samsung-galaxy-s3-suffers-meltdown-as-us-release-sees-delay...

Message 31 of 42
Professor

If the phone that burned was in the UK, it was likely the international version, not the US version.  It has a different processor that may interact with the battery in a different way from the US version.

Message 32 of 42
Tutor

I am aware they are most likely different models. I am trying to find a positive to keep me patient. Smiley Very Happy

I was hoping to have a new phone this weekend and now, at this point, I will be lucky if I have one next weekend.
Message 33 of 42
Professor

Addisson wrote:

I was hoping to have a new phone this weekend and now, at this point, I will be lucky if I have one next weekend.

Me, too!

Message 34 of 42
Tutor

I just received a text message stating the following: "AT&T Free Msg: Due to manufacturer supply constraints of the 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S III, your new smartphone will now arrive no later than Monday, June 25th."

Looks like they are blaming Samsung but at least they are giving us something to chew on. On a side note, I preordered on June 6th.

Message 35 of 42
Highlighted

w/e they say still answer my question.

i ordered in stores and im not sure when its going to be there for pick up..

Message 36 of 42
Tutor

Just got my shipping confirmation. Looks like my white one will be here on the 22nd by 3pm according to FedEx.
Message 37 of 42

Mine arrived yesterday 2:06 pm and I love it!!!

Message 38 of 42
Contributor

I called 3 AT&T stores and no one knew anything about the release date.  I called customer support and no one had any idea.  I find it strange that the entire company is clueless on the release date of this phone

Message 39 of 42
Professor

I heard that the release date is unknown now, as well.  AT&T is blaming Samsung for the delay.  I'm glad that I went ahead and pre-ordered it and have it now.  I was waiting for the in-store release.

Message 40 of 42
Contributor

Today I went to the store and they said "We hope we get them by Monday July 2nd".

This is not AT&T, Samsung had them delayed and we might see the price drop as well. Target already offering (pre-order) them for $149 with 2 year agreement

Message 41 of 42
Professor

The release date for AT&T was the 21st, but because of shortages, it got pushed to the 28th for some people

I ordered the 21 and received mine 2 days later...the phone is officially out for AT&T but the re will most likely be backorders....just keep calling for a tracking number or order status...thats what I did
Message 42 of 42
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Additional Support