Samsung Galaxy S3 Release date??

Samsung Galaxy S3 Release date??

any one know the release date? i preordered the gs3 at radioshack? they told me the 18th - 21st

i realy want to know the exact date. i realy need a new phone since mines is wrecked :\

Message 1 of 42 (9,133 Views)
Expert

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Release date??

ItzSupaSteveXD wrote:

any one know the release date? i preordered the gs3 at radioshack? they told me the 18th - 21st

i realy want to know the exact date. i realy need a new phone since mines is wrecked :\

peer to peer forum, if it has not ben officially publsihed any answer here your be a guess

Message 2 of 42 (9,102 Views)

dang. ugh i want a date already lol

Message 3 of 42 (8,963 Views)
Expert

ItzSupaSteveXD wrote:

dang. ugh i want a date already lol

ok, June 31st Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 42 (8,954 Views)
Contributor

from what I understood, pre ordered phones will be shipped out on the 18th and should be delivered sometime from the 18th to 21st.
Message 5 of 42 (8,717 Views)
Master

It could still get delayed by Apple. After all the judge did not say the phone did not infringe on the patents just that the judge did not have time to look at the case properly. Sounds like an appeal probably in the works?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 6 of 42 (8,636 Views)
Contributor

It's too late for it to be delayed by apple though. The phone will be released before apple can do anything about it. The question is wether they will actually succeed in sueing them later on. I doubt it.
Message 7 of 42 (8,606 Views)
Expert

mfa157 wrote:
It's too late for it to be delayed by apple though. The phone will be released before apple can do anything about it. The question is wether they will actually succeed in sueing them later on. I doubt it.

no it isn't to late, amazing how fast somethings happen when you have enough money to throw at it.

Message 8 of 42 (8,485 Views)

i hope it wont be delayed. i want this phone badly

Message 9 of 42 (8,328 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Apple needs to go away.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 42 (8,307 Views)

i know. do you know when it will be released?

Message 11 of 42 (8,267 Views)
Master

Samsung needs to do some original work of their own:-)

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 12 of 42 (8,218 Views)
Tutor

Because Apple has NEVER used someone else's good idea.  Guess who invented the mouse?  Xerox. 

There's nothing wrong with incorporating good ideas that came from someone else or even better, improving on them.  Patents are there to protect good ideas that are unique enough to be patentable.  And maybe some of the ideas that Apple had deserved patents and they're well within their rights to defend them.  Having said that, they're DEFINITELY using patents as legal levers to harm their competitors; does anyone think that droid phones are being bought over iphones because they can turn a phone number on a website or in an email into a clickable link? 

Guess what, Skype had a browser addon that did just that before the iphone came out.  OMG OMG OMG Skype is suing the world to block the sale of anything with a fruit logo on it!!!

Message 13 of 42 (7,027 Views)
Teacher

I pre-ordered the SIII on the 6th and it has yet to ship. I have to admit that I am a bit annoyed with AT&T, because every time I call to find out when it will ship I get a different answer. My confirmation e-mail and one rep said on the 18th cause I had ordered before 3pm on the 6th, but other answers I have been told are "We don't know", "Before the 22nd", and "Could ship out today". If they cannot get it straight in time I will just cancel and buy it in a store on the 21st. What is the point in pre-ordering if you cannot have the phone at least by the day it is released in stores? This doesn't add up.

Message 14 of 42 (6,876 Views)
Tutor

There is no guaranteed date from AT&T. It might not even be in stores on the 21st. And the reason you preorder is the same reason you preorder anything, you are guaranteed to get one. Items that are known to be a popular seller like phones and video games will be allowed to preorder so you don't have to worry about standing in long lines or praying for the store to have your item in stock. Stop acting like a 5 yr old who wants a new toy and just be patient. When the phone launches you will get one.
Message 15 of 42 (6,818 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.