Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 30, 2011
7:00:48 PM
View profile
Samsung Galaxy S2 Release Date

Has anyone heard when the S2 will be released?  I've heard late July, but was hoping sooner.

Has anyone heard when the S2 will be released?  I've heard late July, but was hoping sooner.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Release Date

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2011 9:02:09 AM
(0)
Master
Haven't seen anything on the android blog/news sites that I frequent.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Haven't seen anything on the android blog/news sites that I frequent.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Release Date

2 of 6 (2,178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2011 10:57:22 AM
(0)
Scholar
I've heard from late Q3-mid Q4 through the grapevine.
I've heard from late Q3-mid Q4 through the grapevine.

3 of 6 (1,853 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2011 8:37:53 AM
(0)
Professor

I will wait.  At&t is supposed to start rolling out LTE soon, so I think my Captivate will last me until I can get an LTE phone.

I will wait.  At&t is supposed to start rolling out LTE soon, so I think my Captivate will last me until I can get an LTE phone.

4 of 6 (1,291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2011 11:20:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Is it going to be an AT&T-exclusive phone or would it have to be unlocked to use it? I've searched Engadget and there doesn't seem to be a carrier noted...

Otherwise, it's a cool phone and could be a good successor to the original Samsung Galaxy S/Captivate. Although I don't expect to be replacing my Captivate any time soon.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Is it going to be an AT&T-exclusive phone or would it have to be unlocked to use it? I've searched Engadget and there doesn't seem to be a carrier noted...

Otherwise, it's a cool phone and could be a good successor to the original Samsung Galaxy S/Captivate. Although I don't expect to be replacing my Captivate any time soon.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (1,263 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2011 8:45:37 PM
(0)
Guru

LOL, by the time at&t releases it, the S3 will be out.  I don't blame at&t exclusively, all the carriers in the USA are slow to release phones (unless it has apple plastered all over it).  They have to neuter the phones to the point that to get any performance, you need to dump the carrier rom and install a custom rom, to get rid of the bloat.

Hopefully, Samsung & HTC, by saying they are going to unlock the bootloader, will start a trend, where the phones actually perform the way the manufacturer intends, not the way the carriers force them to perform.

LOL, by the time at&t releases it, the S3 will be out.  I don't blame at&t exclusively, all the carriers in the USA are slow to release phones (unless it has apple plastered all over it).  They have to neuter the phones to the point that to get any performance, you need to dump the carrier rom and install a custom rom, to get rid of the bloat.

Hopefully, Samsung & HTC, by saying they are going to unlock the bootloader, will start a trend, where the phones actually perform the way the manufacturer intends, not the way the carriers force them to perform.

6 of 6 (1,251 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments