Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket with GoPhone

Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket with GoPhone

I recently purchased this phone and have it set up with gophone.  I know 2 people in the same area as me with the same phone on the $50 unlimited plan and they added the $15 data plan with no problem.  I have also seen several posts on various AT&T forums of people with this phone and other newer smartphones who have had no trouble with doing this.  My phone on the other hand will not pick up my data plan.  I have spoken with 4 people from AT&T and one person in a local store and nobody can seem to help me.  The answer I got in the store is that the data plan for the 4G phones is hit or miss.  Other people say that it is a matter of finding someone who is willing to take the time to do it right, and it will work with no problem.  Someone please help me!!!

Message 1 of 5 (12,737 Views)
Scholar

Re: Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket with GoPhone

Don't you have to purchase a sim from AT&T
And subscribe to a data plan with this handset

As with the iPhone you have to do this!

Btw this topic isn't in the correct area and would be better in the Samsung area for other members to get involved with this issue :/
Message 2 of 5 (12,715 Views)
Scholar

Kerry78 wrote:

Btw this topic isn't in the correct area and would be better in the Samsung area for other members to get involved with this issue :/

This is the correct area for his question. I doubt folks in the generic Samsung forum would know what to do and what settings to change to get data working on his phone.

@Kaybaby001

I'm not familiar with your phone model but if you can somehow find the APN settings, you need to change them to the following:

Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Port: 80
Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password:CINGULAR1
Server: leave blank
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32
mms protocol: wap 2.0
MMS Port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN Type: leave blank

Settings taken from here. Might need to restart your phone for the new settings to take effect.

Message 3 of 5 (12,668 Views)

hnzw_rui wrote:

Kerry78 wrote:

This is the correct area for his question. I doubt folks in the generic Samsung forum would know what to do and what settings to change to get data working on his phone.

@Kaybaby001

I'm not familiar with your phone model but if you can somehow find the APN settings, you need to change them to the following:

Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Port: 80
Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password:CINGULAR1
Server: leave blank
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32
mms protocol: wap 2.0
MMS Port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN Type: leave blank

Settings taken from here. Might need to restart your phone for the new settings to take effect.

doesn't work anymore...any other suggestions?

Message 4 of 5 (12,427 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

drpasteur206 wrote:

doesn't work anymore...any other suggestions?

It does work. You just need to buy a data package if you have a smartphone.

Message 5 of 5 (12,336 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.