Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 29, 2011
2:05:22 AM
Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket

Hello, my name is Brian - and I left my IPhone for the Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket.  *AA*  - Apple Anonamous - I can feel change already!! LOL

Hello, my name is Brian - and I left my IPhone for the Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket.  *AA*  - Apple Anonamous - I can feel change already!! LOL

Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2011 8:31:14 AM
(0)
Contributor
I'm thinking of dropping my iPhone for the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket as well.
Do you have any advise?
Should I keep my iPhone or should I drop it?
What is your opinion?
I'm thinking of dropping my iPhone for the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket as well.
Do you have any advise?
What is your opinion?

Re: Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket

2 of 5 (753 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2011 9:59:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Dellman87 wrote:

Nice to meet you, Brian. My name is Bryan myself.

Well, it's about time you made the switch! Smiley Very Happy I could tell that you were hinting around about switching to an Android phone in other posts I have seen of your's. I recently acquired an iPhone 3GS to use as a second phone, but I enjoy using my Samsung Captivate (original Galaxy S) much better.

Welcome to Android. You're going to love it. As you can see, you have been freed from Apple's padlocks and chains. Smiley Very Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Dellman87 wrote:

Well, it's about time you made the switch! Smiley Very Happy I could tell that you were hinting around about switching to an Android phone in other posts I have seen of your's. I recently acquired an iPhone 3GS to use as a second phone, but I enjoy using my Samsung Captivate (original Galaxy S) much better.

Welcome to Android. You're going to love it. As you can see, you have been freed from Apple's padlocks and chains. Smiley Very Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (737 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2011 10:10:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Hmeekins wrote:
Do you have any advise?
What is your opinion?

I have a passion for cell phones, so either an Android phone or iPhone would work for me - that's why I have both. It is ultimately your decision when it all boils down. Do you like having to hook your phone up to iTunes? Do you like iTunes in general or the App Store? The Android Market is very much like the App Store. Do you like free music? I have an app on my phone that was free when I downloaded it from the Android Market and any music I download from it is free as well. I use it all the time.

Is your iPhone jailbroken? If so, you would probably enjoy rooting or installing custom ROMs on your Android phone to make it truly, personally unique. Another feature of the Android OS is live wallpapers. I currently have the coolest live wallpaper I've ever seen installed as my background right now.

Honestly, if I were you, I would make the switch over to an Android phone, preferably the Samsung Galaxy S II or Skyrocket. I do not think you would have any regrets. I like my iPhone (3GS), but I use my Captivate so much more as a phone.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Hmeekins wrote:
Do you have any advise?
What is your opinion?

I have a passion for cell phones, so either an Android phone or iPhone would work for me - that's why I have both. It is ultimately your decision when it all boils down. Do you like having to hook your phone up to iTunes? Do you like iTunes in general or the App Store? The Android Market is very much like the App Store. Do you like free music? I have an app on my phone that was free when I downloaded it from the Android Market and any music I download from it is free as well. I use it all the time.

Is your iPhone jailbroken? If so, you would probably enjoy rooting or installing custom ROMs on your Android phone to make it truly, personally unique. Another feature of the Android OS is live wallpapers. I currently have the coolest live wallpaper I've ever seen installed as my background right now.

Honestly, if I were you, I would make the switch over to an Android phone, preferably the Samsung Galaxy S II or Skyrocket. I do not think you would have any regrets. I like my iPhone (3GS), but I use my Captivate so much more as a phone.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (734 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2011 1:56:18 AM
(0)
Guru
So I have only had my new Skyrocket for about 9 hours, but I already love it. It's quite amazing. It will take some time to get used to the new options and whatnot and features, but with time I hope to become more familiar with it. Also, LTE is spotty, but it's here at least. Can anyone recommend a good cell tower locator? I found one called Signal Mapper? It couldnt load the map, but when I get LTE coverage I want to see where the new tower is. Help ? -Brian

Wild Banchi wrote:

Dellman87 wrote:

So I have only had my new Skyrocket for about 9 hours, but I already love it. It's quite amazing. It will take some time to get used to the new options and whatnot and features, but with time I hope to become more familiar with it. Also, LTE is spotty, but it's here at least. Can anyone recommend a good cell tower locator? I found one called Signal Mapper? It couldnt load the map, but when I get LTE coverage I want to see where the new tower is. Help ? -Brian

Wild Banchi wrote:

Dellman87 wrote:

5 of 5 (642 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments