Samsung Galaxy Note Visual Voicemail

Tutor

Samsung Galaxy Note Visual Voicemail

Has anybody been able to find and/or use the visiual voicemail on the Galaxy Note?

I called support and spoke with 3 different people and they say visual voicemail is not compatible with GNote. However, under Data & Internet packages -> DataPro 3GB for Smartphone 4G LTE: the GNote is listed as compatible. 

Message 1 of 15 (19,494 Views)
Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note Visual Voicemail

Please post when  you get an answer.  I just got my Note today.  At the store they said it was compatible with my existing Visual Voicemail.  I have been struggling to get Visual Voicemail to work.  Will appreciate learning when you figure out how to do this.

Message 2 of 15 (19,380 Views)
Contributor

I am having the same issues. At&T please don't tell me yu just launched the iphone killer and forgot about visual voicemail

Message 3 of 15 (19,285 Views)
Contributor

I spoke to Samsung tech support today.  They sent me to AT&T.  I spoke to AT&T tech support.  AT&T said that Samsung did not include Visual Voicemail.  The tech support person at AT&T said he couldn't believe it.  He tried several things and finally said he had an e-mail which said that Visual Voicemail is not supported on the NOTE.  So, it is a solid phone overall, but I think this is a deal killer.  The salesperson at the AT&T store said Visual Voicemail was supported, and she also said I have 30 days to return the phone if I don't like it.  I wonder if someone will fix this in the next 28 days before I return it?

Message 4 of 15 (19,278 Views)
Contributor

XDA Developers was able to port it from the HTC Vivid and says it works fine. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?s=f6297ea5ec5041e3fae9181eaff0e8f7&p=22806469#post228...

Message 5 of 15 (19,231 Views)
Contributor

It's definitely available, it just seems that it wasn't included in the out of the box OS for some reason.  I have it up and running with no problem. A guy over at galaxyforums.net found the .apk file.  Here's the URL:

http://www.galaxyforums.net/forum/galaxy-note/5287-app-samsung-galaxy-note-visual-voicemail.html

You can download the apk file straight to your phone or you can download onto your computer, Kies Air it over to your phone, and open it up using your file manager.  You will need to Go to Menu --> Settings --> Applications and make sure that your Unknown Sources option is checked.  You can change it back after the installation, but will need to allow it for your VVM file.

Once you open it, it welcome you to AT&T Voicemail and prompt you to login to your normal voicemail using your password you set.  Once that is complete, exit out of that call and it will walk you through the rest of the setup.  Once the setup is complete, you will have a shortcut on your application tray.

Message 6 of 15 (16,612 Views)
Contributor

I am learning all the new things about this phone.  What is visual voicemail?  Sorry for the stupid question!  LOL

Message 7 of 15 (16,558 Views)
Contributor

Visual voicemail is the ability to view your voicemail inbox as if it were an email or message inbox. Instead of dialing into your voicemail traditionally, you view everything from the screen. Similar to what iphones use.
Message 8 of 15 (16,530 Views)
Mentor

I got my note soon as it came out been using the visual voicemail its cool even doe the words come out crazy sometimes lol but its cool i love it
Message 9 of 15 (16,508 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for the info! 

Message 10 of 15 (16,480 Views)
Mentor

So, visual voicemail does work on the Note now? Does it work right out the box? I might go pick one up today. Still not sure.
Message 11 of 15 (15,952 Views)
Contributor

I got mine about 3 weeks ago and it wasn't setup right out of the box. But I would definitely take the leap! It only takes maybe 4 minutes to download the file and set everything up. No rooting necessary. I'm sure it'll be included with a later OS update, if there does happen to be one before ICS officially hits.
Message 12 of 15 (15,927 Views)
Tutor

I cant believe people actually consider visual voicemail a "deal breaker" for the NOTE?? I've had the iPhone for the last 3 years and after having the Note for about 3 weeks..I'LL NEVER EVER go back to an iPhone..EVER. It feels good to be able to remove and add things like pics and movies clips with ease..I mean really if I pay $300 for a phone I should be able to do what I want with it without having to jailbreak my iPhone just so i can add ring tones easier?? AS far as visual voice mail..seeing it there on a some type of "text format" does what? And besides who uses voice mail anymore? I wish AT&T would have a data only plan with maybe a 100 mins I'd be all set.

Message 13 of 15 (15,442 Views)
Contributor

on my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 Note, I couldn't get the VVM.apk to work. Kept getting the couldn't verify screen after dialing my voicemail to setup.

Just spoke with ATT rep who sent me this instruction link:

http://www.att.com/learningcenter/tutorials.do?universe=att&locale=en_US&deviceId=0&tutorialsCategor...

You need to go app store and install "AT&T Messages" app in Google Play. I had the older Messages app which wouldn't work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.att.android.mobile.attmessages&feature=nav_result#...

Check out the screen pics on the app page. The visual voicemail shows up with play button right in the messages. No dialing in to hear messages, very cool!

Message 14 of 15 (11,626 Views)
Former Community Manager

Hey all - Visual Voicemail is now available for the Samsung Galaxy Note. Please see this link for more info! http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Visual-Voicemail-for-the-Samsung-Galaxy-Note...

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 15 of 15 (10,512 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.