Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 15, 2011
7:37:19 PM
Samsung Galaxy Note LTE (SGH-i717) Future Release on ATT

Pocketnow announced that AT&T will be bringing the Samsung Galaxy Note (LTE capable) stateside early next year as the SGH-i717.  This follows earlier introduction of the GNote LTE in Korea. Looking to purchase the Galaxy Nexus or the GNote, I have been waiting for either a HSPA+ or LTE variant to arrive in the US under a 2-yr contract, and have a few questions:

1.  Could "early next year" be as soon as January 2012?

2.  Will the GNote (LTE version) also be compatible with ATT HSPA+ 21?

3.  Samsung has apparently announced that Ice Cream Sandwich will be available to the GNote in the future.  Would this be a modified version of ICS with TouchWiz Interface?

4. Will the Qualcomm chipset perform as well as the Exynos chipset on the International (HSPA+) GNote?

Pocketnow announced that AT&T will be bringing the Samsung Galaxy Note (LTE capable) stateside early next year as the SGH-i717.  This follows earlier introduction of the GNote LTE in Korea. Looking to purchase the Galaxy Nexus or the GNote, I have been waiting for either a HSPA+ or LTE variant to arrive in the US under a 2-yr contract, and have a few questions:

1.  Could "early next year" be as soon as January 2012?

2.  Will the GNote (LTE version) also be compatible with ATT HSPA+ 21?

3.  Samsung has apparently announced that Ice Cream Sandwich will be available to the GNote in the future.  Would this be a modified version of ICS with TouchWiz Interface?

4. Will the Qualcomm chipset perform as well as the Exynos chipset on the International (HSPA+) GNote?

Samsung Galaxy Note LTE (SGH-i717) Future Release on ATT

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2011 7:43:18 PM
(0)
Master

1. Don't know.

2. Yes.

3. Definitly TW.

4. Not a chance.

1. Don't know.

2. Yes.

3. Definitly TW.

4. Not a chance.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note LTE (SGH-i717) Future Release on ATT

2 of 9 (4,054 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2011 12:05:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

Not sure if designated SGH-i717 or SGH-i171

Not sure if designated SGH-i717 or SGH-i171

3 of 9 (3,903 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 8:13:01 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hi, so I am looking to buy the Galaxy note.  I'm debating whether to buy the one that's out now, or wait for one to be released here.  Do we know if the one to be released here will have nfc?  I know the current one says nfc optional.  What does this mean?  I've read it can only be enabled if the sim card supports it.  Is that what it really means?  Which one would you get?

Hi, so I am looking to buy the Galaxy note.  I'm debating whether to buy the one that's out now, or wait for one to be released here.  Do we know if the one to be released here will have nfc?  I know the current one says nfc optional.  What does this mean?  I've read it can only be enabled if the sim card supports it.  Is that what it really means?  Which one would you get?

4 of 9 (3,777 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 8:30:26 AM
(0)
Tutor

I'm going to wait until CES and see if their is any news concerning the ATT version (LTE).  If it doesn't look like it will be launched before March, I will probably buy the International N7000 from Amazon.

I'm going to wait until CES and see if their is any news concerning the ATT version (LTE).  If it doesn't look like it will be launched before March, I will probably buy the International N7000 from Amazon.

5 of 9 (3,771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 10:27:41 AM
(0)
Contributor
I bought the N7000 on Amazon. Haven't received it yet, but it appears the ATT mafia is considering this PHONE a tablet and forcing you onto a tablet (non-voice) plan.

Illegal, IMO. It's a big phone. Not a tablet.
I bought the N7000 on Amazon. Haven't received it yet, but it appears the ATT mafia is considering this PHONE a tablet and forcing you onto a tablet (non-voice) plan.

Illegal, IMO. It's a big phone. Not a tablet.

6 of 9 (3,750 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2011 4:29:06 PM
(0)
Tutor
Hotsouce78 -- let me know if you get ATT working at HSPA+ 21 on your GNote N7000, when you get it. Also, is the N7000 that you ordered from Amazon from Germany, Poland or somewhere else?
Hotsouce78 -- let me know if you get ATT working at HSPA+ 21 on your GNote N7000, when you get it. Also, is the N7000 that you ordered from Amazon from Germany, Poland or somewhere else?

7 of 9 (3,490 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2011 1:34:57 AM
(0)
Employee
God, i'm going to have to pay full price for it...and I will
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 9 (3,382 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2011 4:26:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

JFizDaWiz wrote:

Is AT&T going to consider it a phone or a tablet?

JFizDaWiz wrote:

Is AT&T going to consider it a phone or a tablet?

Sent from my white AT&T Dell Streak

9 of 9 (3,129 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments