Samsung Focus unlocking

Tutor

Samsung Focus unlocking

Good day guys, new to the forum here. I am in a crappy situation.

I just picked up a Focus but I just found out that I am being sent to Guam a whole lot sooner than expected. So I thought, maybe I could unlock the phone and use it there... Then I found that there is no company, orgaization or group that knows how to unlock the Focus. So either, I turn it back in and lose the phone and money, bring it to Guam and get charged almost $2.00/minute or Hold on to a five hundred dollar brick. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Message 1 of 17 (30,300 Views)
Guru

Re: Samsung Focus unlocking

Head over to XDA Developer's website. You might find some useful information there.Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 17 (30,256 Views)
Tutor

Has it been more than 30 days since you got it?  I think you can return it within that time?

Message 3 of 17 (30,243 Views)
Tutor

Thanks guys, there are nothing on the site that helps. It has been less than thirty days, I might just return it.

Message 4 of 17 (30,177 Views)
Guru

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 17 (30,141 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

When i had my ATT 8525/HTC Hermes WinMo phone awhile back told them if its alright if they can give me the unlock code for my phone due to getting deployed in the middle east and they gladly did. Still have the phone after 5 years and its still chugging along, and now upgrading nxt week to a new WM phone.

try calling ATT support and i'm sure they'll tell you the unlock code as long as you tell them your situation.

Message 6 of 17 (30,043 Views)
Expert

gremlins wrote:

When i had my ATT 8525/HTC Hermes WinMo phone awhile back told them if its alright if they can give me the unlock code for my phone due to getting deployed in the middle east and they gladly did. Still have the phone after 5 years and its still chugging along, and now upgrading nxt week to a new WM phone.

try calling ATT support and i'm sure they'll tell you the unlock code as long as you tell them your situation.

depending on the status of the phone, ATT may or may not give out an unlock code. Pretty good chance that the fous is under the exclusive clause and a unlock will not be given for at least 10 months or more. The decision to release an unlock code for a device it totally up to the carrier, there is nothing that forces them to give one at all.

Message 7 of 17 (30,004 Views)
Tutor

Tried that, they simply refused to do anything like that until next year.

Message 8 of 17 (29,957 Views)
Expert

flytwa78 wrote:

Tried that, they simply refused to do anything like that until next year.

pretty much expected that, they have the exclusive contract for the phone, phoes under that type of agreement tend to have 10, 12 months or longer where they will not unlock them. Pretty common among all the carriers.

Message 9 of 17 (29,911 Views)
Contributor

Finally got Samsung Focus unlocked and am using it for international travel. http://cgi.ebay.com/Unlock-Samsung-Focus-i917-Omnia7-Galaxy-Tab-CODE-/140482107888?pt=LH_DefaultDoma...

The code needs to be entered directly, with no pre-codes. 

Message 10 of 17 (29,578 Views)
Contributor

I can confirm this.

The seller sent me the unlock code about 2 hours after my payment, I popped a T-Mobile SIM in, entered the code (it asks for a PIN) and it worked. Highly recommend these guys NCKZone Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 17 (17,302 Views)
Tutor

Thanks everyone. I got with this guy and he sent me the code in like a day. Now I am using it freely. Thanks again for the help. I am totally loving this phone... The ONLY Windows Phone 7 on Guam.

Message 12 of 17 (17,207 Views)
Contributor

Folks,  lot of sites say they can unlock Samsung Focus but they cannot.  The only site, which has great service and almost all the codes is www.nckzone.com

I have unlocked 4 Samsung Focus phones on AT&T, and all of the work great during global travel.

Give it a try, very genuine and talented team.

Message 13 of 17 (16,443 Views)
Professor

This seems to be the cheapest way to do it, so far.

Message 14 of 17 (16,200 Views)
Contributor

$12 at NCKzone.com just unlocked mine, took 15 mins to get code

Message 15 of 17 (14,449 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.