Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 7, 2012
10:14:55 AM
View profile
Samsung Focus (tm) or Samsung Focus Flash?
I am getting a new phone VERY soon (like today or tomorrow) and would like your opinions on which is better. I have found a case I LOVE but it's for Samsung focus i917. I think it might work on the tm. Also which phone is cheaper when you get it at the store? Thanks so much for your help
I am getting a new phone VERY soon (like today or tomorrow) and would like your opinions on which is better. I have found a case I LOVE but it's for Samsung focus i917. I think it might work on the tm. Also which phone is cheaper when you get it at the store? Thanks so much for your help

Samsung Focus (tm) or Samsung Focus Flash?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2012 11:50:15 AM
(0)
Contributor

You should avoid the original Focus (i917) as it is a first-gen Windows Phone device and there are more features on the second generation devices, such as front cameras and internet sharing.

As far as choosing between the Focus S and Focus Flash, the Flash is kind of like a "mini version." Smaller screen, less storage space, but they still have the same processor so performance should be similar.  I have the Flash, and I prefer it due to the smaller size.

You should avoid the original Focus (i917) as it is a first-gen Windows Phone device and there are more features on the second generation devices, such as front cameras and internet sharing.

As far as choosing between the Focus S and Focus Flash, the Flash is kind of like a "mini version." Smaller screen, less storage space, but they still have the same processor so performance should be similar.  I have the Flash, and I prefer it due to the smaller size.

Re: Samsung Focus (tm) or Samsung Focus Flash?

2 of 3 (827 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2012 4:22:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
The original Focus is very nice, but it's slowly beginning to age more and more everyday, now.

I prefer the Focus S's looks over the Focus Flash's. I like the rounded edges of the S. The Flash looks a lot like my Captivate, actually - squared-off edges and the display seems to match very closely. I wish that my Captivate had rounded edges like the T-Mobile Galaxy S. Oh well.

The original Focus is definitely going to be the cheapest when you go to upgrade. The Focus Flash will probably be a bit cheaper than the Focus S, considering the S is a little more high-end.

Good luck with your decision!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

The original Focus is very nice, but it's slowly beginning to age more and more everyday, now.

I prefer the Focus S's looks over the Focus Flash's. I like the rounded edges of the S. The Flash looks a lot like my Captivate, actually - squared-off edges and the display seems to match very closely. I wish that my Captivate had rounded edges like the T-Mobile Galaxy S. Oh well.

The original Focus is definitely going to be the cheapest when you go to upgrade. The Focus Flash will probably be a bit cheaper than the Focus S, considering the S is a little more high-end.

Good luck with your decision!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Samsung Focus (tm) or Samsung Focus Flash?

3 of 3 (818 Views)