Samsung Focus doesn't always sync when plugged into USB

Voyager

Samsung Focus doesn't always sync when plugged into USB

I'm having an odd problem, not sure if it's a PC problem or software or what... but when I plug my Samsung Focus in, sometimes it doesn't connect to the Zune software and sync. So it will charge, but not sync. To solve the problem I simply unplug it and plug it back in and most times it connects to the Zune software and syncs. Not a major problem but mighty irritating, I can never actualy assume it's synced when I unplug it if I don't check when I plug it in.

There doesn't seem to be a manual way to start a sync on the phone - I just have to unplug/replug and hope it connects. I wonder if anyone else has seen this. My guess is some kind of hardware problem, like the Zune software is not getting notified that a phone was plugged in. I get the usual "USB device just connected" sound so the generic USB driver seems to recognize it, and it is charging... but no consistent Zune connect.

Message 1 of 2 (687 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Samsung Focus doesn't always sync when plugged into USB

might be your cable
Message 2 of 2 (675 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.