Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 29, 2011
6:52:02 PM
View profile
Samsung Focus doesn't always sync when plugged into USB

I'm having an odd problem, not sure if it's a PC problem or software or what... but when I plug my Samsung Focus in, sometimes it doesn't connect to the Zune software and sync. So it will charge, but not sync. To solve the problem I simply unplug it and plug it back in and most times it connects to the Zune software and syncs. Not a major problem but mighty irritating, I can never actualy assume it's synced when I unplug it if I don't check when I plug it in.

There doesn't seem to be a manual way to start a sync on the phone - I just have to unplug/replug and hope it connects. I wonder if anyone else has seen this. My guess is some kind of hardware problem, like the Zune software is not getting notified that a phone was plugged in. I get the usual "USB device just connected" sound so the generic USB driver seems to recognize it, and it is charging... but no consistent Zune connect.

I'm having an odd problem, not sure if it's a PC problem or software or what... but when I plug my Samsung Focus in, sometimes it doesn't connect to the Zune software and sync. So it will charge, but not sync. To solve the problem I simply unplug it and plug it back in and most times it connects to the Zune software and syncs. Not a major problem but mighty irritating, I can never actualy assume it's synced when I unplug it if I don't check when I plug it in.

There doesn't seem to be a manual way to start a sync on the phone - I just have to unplug/replug and hope it connects. I wonder if anyone else has seen this. My guess is some kind of hardware problem, like the Zune software is not getting notified that a phone was plugged in. I get the usual "USB device just connected" sound so the generic USB driver seems to recognize it, and it is charging... but no consistent Zune connect.

Samsung Focus doesn't always sync when plugged into USB

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2011 3:41:09 AM
(0)