Samsung Focus continuously beeps

Tutor

Samsung Focus continuously beeps

Samsung Focus continuosly beeps; set it to Vibrate then back to Ring and it keeps on beeping; did complete shutdown and reboot and still keeps beeping.

Message 1 of 26 (12,530 Views)

Re: Samsung Focus continuously beeps

Wife's phone had this problem. I think it's related to arcing across the contacts in the charge port.

Other posts online noted that this problem was sometimes accompanied by a condition in which the little tongue tab inside the charge port was slightly bent and arced across the interior of the charge port. Condition was fixed by using something thin, like a razor blade or pin, to straighten the tab and return the proper deadspace/clearance.

Wife's phone charge port was full of fuzz. Cleaning it out with compressed air solved the problem.

Keep that little door shut when not charging/syncing, so no more crud gets in there to arc it and cause the problem.

Message 16 of 26 (10,073 Views)
Contributor

Sorry to tell you the Mango update did not fix this problem. I never actually had it before. But, I had Zune wireless Sync enabled and then I turned it off. I also had a situation where my battery was down to about 30%. Usually I recharge it all the time, so never gets below 50%. This started today on my phone when it was below half charged, and my wife sent me two text messages. I think it is a glitch in the low battery indicator. All is get is the beep beep tone - regardless of whether batttery saver is on or not. After it is charged I will see if it starts up again and when. I suspect it is a) low battery or b) it wants its wireless synb back (which just a week ago was enabled the first time, and disabled (aha!) yesterday evening. Watch this space for further developments.
Message 17 of 26 (9,873 Views)
Tutor

Mine just started doing it this morning clear out of the blue.

Message 18 of 26 (9,821 Views)
Contributor

Spoiler

it just started happening to me too. I'm running Mango. It started fight after I added the AT&T 8gb sd card. I suspect the bent USB issue. Has anybody found another solution?

Also, when I try to connect to Zune my win 7 says the driver is bad which also indicates a USB issue. Reinstalling Zune did not fix this. Has anybody seen this?

Message 19 of 26 (9,803 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Message 20 of 26 (9,795 Views)
Contributor

went through 4 of these during 1 year warranty the beeping sound never fried. Problem now is it will not charge or turn on and no warranty. Have to buy something new. What a piece of cr_p.

Message 21 of 26 (9,451 Views)

As nice as the Focus may be, I'm awaiting the Lumia 900 from Nokia. Looks like a decent upgrade to take advantage of all the latest features... plus Nokia has proven slightly more reliable than Samsung in the past for handsets.

Message 22 of 26 (9,425 Views)
Voyager

[ Edited ]

I am on my 2nd Focus, both with the same issue.  Same beep as when you connect the usb charger connector, but beeps start in a continuous loop.  Very annoying.

The 1st one started to continuously beep after about 90 days.  Now the 2nd one is starting the continuous beep after 6-9 months of ownership.  It just started out of the blue sitting on the counter. 

I worry whether my warranty is still in place.  It's a corporate phone, so I will have to deal with them on Monday.  Interestingly both of them started the beep loops on a Friday - LOL, that's my luck!

Two phones in a row with same issue for one customer, sure seems to be a build quality or design issue for the Samsung Focus...  It could be I receive two units from similar batches, as mine came from AT&T Corporate account service.

Message 23 of 26 (9,276 Views)
Contributor

I found that the old "leave the phone in a bag of rice overnight" solution fixed this one.  It looks like it is centered around condensation in the phone.  I have also seen it fixed by blowing compressed air into the micro USB on the phone.  Might just be a winter time thing.  It's really wet here in the Pacific northwest, and I have seen this a lot.  Not so much of a problem when it is warm.

Message 24 of 26 (9,208 Views)
Tutor

Mine was doing that.  was still in warranty.  i think it was the mango update.  ATT stated it was a defective USB Port.

Message 25 of 26 (9,147 Views)
Contributor

I have had a working phone 15 months and 12 months are with Mango 7.5 and 32gb exp. card

It was perfect and is now perfect when plugged into computer usb or power cord. However, when there is no USB trickle charge it beeps constantly.

I tripped over the power cord last night while it was plugged in. Only afterwards have I had this persistent beeping issue. I expect it is regarding a physical issue 'contacts'. There is significant play in the USB contact however I never took notice of it before for comparison. Sounds like 'di~iing ding ding ... di~iing ding ding .. di~iing ding ding'. I looked it up and it is called 'Alert 3' I deleted all alarms in case something was stuck in memory but it didn't make any difference.

When not connected a power source; setting it to vibrate only also prevents constant ring. from notes I'll try cleaning usb contacts before finding out what makes this this tick. Feel like PeterGabriel song coming on 'Sledgehammer'

Message 26 of 26 (8,216 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.