Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 28, 2011
7:53:50 AM
View profile
Samsung Focus as GoPhone

I just bought a Samsung Focus from eBay.  I wanted to use the phone as my GoPhone, so I put in my SIM GoPhone card into the Samsung Focus from my LG Prime.  

However, the Focus is telling me I have an invalid SIM card. Earlier I posted to make sure the SIM card would work, but now it is not working. It is working fine on my Prime but it is not being detected on my Focus.

Do I have to unlock my Focus or my SIM card for it to work?  

I just bought a Samsung Focus from eBay.  I wanted to use the phone as my GoPhone, so I put in my SIM GoPhone card into the Samsung Focus from my LG Prime.  

However, the Focus is telling me I have an invalid SIM card. Earlier I posted to make sure the SIM card would work, but now it is not working. It is working fine on my Prime but it is not being detected on my Focus.

Do I have to unlock my Focus or my SIM card for it to work?  

Samsung Focus as GoPhone

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2011 4:36:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Chances are your SIM card is locked to the LG Prime - typically if you purchase a GoPhone package from at&t that includes the SIM and phone, your SIM will be locked to the phone it is activated with.  You can contact customer service (1-800-331-0500) to see if they will unlock the SIM for you so that it can be used in a different phone. 

If customer service will not unlock the SIM for you, you have two alternatives - purchase a new unactivated SIM from eBay and then call back to have customer service activate it with your existing account/phone number/balance information once you receive the new SIM.  Or you can visit your local Corporate at&t store and tell them you need to get a new SIM for your account/phone number.  If you'll add funds to your account while you are in the store, they should not charge you anything for replacing the SIM.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Chances are your SIM card is locked to the LG Prime - typically if you purchase a GoPhone package from at&t that includes the SIM and phone, your SIM will be locked to the phone it is activated with.  You can contact customer service (1-800-331-0500) to see if they will unlock the SIM for you so that it can be used in a different phone. 

If customer service will not unlock the SIM for you, you have two alternatives - purchase a new unactivated SIM from eBay and then call back to have customer service activate it with your existing account/phone number/balance information once you receive the new SIM.  Or you can visit your local Corporate at&t store and tell them you need to get a new SIM for your account/phone number.  If you'll add funds to your account while you are in the store, they should not charge you anything for replacing the SIM.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Samsung Focus as GoPhone

2 of 2 (2,986 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments