Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 10, 2011
8:13:48 PM
Samsung Focus WIndows Phone 7.5 Update

I have 3 Samsung SGH-I917 phones.  I connected my phone the other day and received the windows Phone 7.5 Upgrade.  When I connected my other 2 phones, it said they were up to date.  I cannot find any way to upgrade the other 2 phones to WP7.5 .   Is there something I am Missing?

I have 3 Samsung SGH-I917 phones.  I connected my phone the other day and received the windows Phone 7.5 Upgrade.  When I connected my other 2 phones, it said they were up to date.  I cannot find any way to upgrade the other 2 phones to WP7.5 .   Is there something I am Missing?

Samsung Focus WIndows Phone 7.5 Update

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 9:02:38 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by enovacore on Oct 10, 2011 at 9:03:24 PM

Same here. I do have Samsung Focus SGH-I917 and most of friends with the same brand and model got their update except my phone. Is there any issue with Samsung Focus again for Windows Mango update that AT&T won't tell us ?. Just curious.. 

Same here. I do have Samsung Focus SGH-I917 and most of friends with the same brand and model got their update except my phone. Is there any issue with Samsung Focus again for Windows Mango update that AT&T won't tell us ?. Just curious.. 

Re: Samsung Focus WIndows Phone 7.5 Update

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (6,197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 9:20:11 PM
(0)
Master
First, you need check the revision number of your phone. It's on a label under the battery. Only rev 1.3 has Mango update right. Rev 1.4 has to wait until late Oct.
Even for rev 1.3, it it's a staged roll out. You need to wait for your turn. It's random. But there is a way to force your phone to update even if it's not your turn. Do a search.
First, you need check the revision number of your phone. It's on a label under the battery. Only rev 1.3 has Mango update right. Rev 1.4 has to wait until late Oct.
Even for rev 1.3, it it's a staged roll out. You need to wait for your turn. It's random. But there is a way to force your phone to update even if it's not your turn. Do a search.

3 of 6 (6,192 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 11:10:39 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have a Focus (Rev 1.3) and have received the email to update, but haven't been able to update to 7.5. Any ideas?

I have a Focus (Rev 1.3) and have received the email to update, but haven't been able to update to 7.5. Any ideas?

4 of 6 (6,175 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 4:53:44 AM
(0)
Master
Update comes from a special phone notification, not from email.
Update comes from a special phone notification, not from email.

5 of 6 (6,168 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 12:28:26 PM
(0)
Master

BTW, make sure your Zune is updated first.

BTW, make sure your Zune is updated first.

6 of 6 (6,114 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments