Samsung Focus S

Samsung Focus S

Message 1 of 7
Master

Re: Samsung Focus S

Wow, I guess AT&T is the leader of all carriers to offer Windows Phones. I'm not sure if people are as interested in them as they used to be, anymore. Android is now the ultimate in smartphones OSes.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 7
Teacher

Wild Banchi wrote:
...  Android is now the ultimate in smartphones OSes.

Or not.

Message 3 of 7
Scholar

Wild Banchi wrote:
Wow, I guess AT&T is the leader of all carriers to offer Windows Phones. I'm not sure if people are as interested in them as they used to be, anymore. Android is now the ultimate in smartphones OSes.

I have to agree 100%... Been with WP7 since its release and honestly Mango isn't going to make this OS more desirable.... It will still be a very solid OS that gets quite old and boring after a while..   Myself, I'm grabbing the Galaxy S2 next Sunday when it's released, I hate being totally handcuffed when it comes to customization and available options.. But thanks for posting the new news concerning the next generation WP7 phones release info, I better put my Focus up for sale this week while what little demand there is out there for it is  still alive,  I got a feeling these current WP7 phones will be worth zip in the very near future, I had more customarily with my old feature phone then I do with this wp7 smartphone.. To me that's not very smart lol

Message 4 of 7
Master

pmt1209 wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

I have to agree 100%... Been with WP7 since its release and honestly Mango isn't going to make this OS more desirable.... It will still be a very solid OS that gets quite old and boring after a while..   Myself, I'm grabbing the Galaxy S2 next Sunday when it's released, I hate being totally handcuffed when it comes to customization and available options.. But thanks for posting the new news concerning the next generation WP7 phones release info, I better put my Focus up for sale this week while what little demand there is out there for it is  still alive,  I got a feeling these current WP7 phones will be worth zip in the very near future, I had more customarily with my old feature phone then I do with this wp7 smartphone.. To me that's not very smart lol

The guy above your post doesn't seem to agree, but that's alright... Smiley Tongue

I'm more than sure you are going to fall in love with Android - especially with a superphone like the Galaxy S II! It would be the perfect tribute to my original Captivate Galaxy S, but I'm keeping mine until it dies. I don't always need the latest and greatest, even though it's most certainly a want... Smiley Wink

I like the looks of the Focus, but if it operated on Android, I would have had a tough decision deciding between the Focus or Captivate. They're both very attractive phones, but it seems like the new kid in town (Galaxy S II) will blow both of them away and carry them through the autumn wind to who knows where. Smiley Very Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 7

Agreed. I actually get my Focus S today in the mail and am going to try it out. Been with Sprint for 10 years and their lack of Windows Phone devices is driving me away QUICK. Now, it's not all Sprints fault either as OEMs haven't released anything for CDMA networks. I just don't want to always have to wait for the bigger, better phones.
Message 6 of 7
Tutor

Windows Phone 7 is great. Its fast, stable, simple and great looking. I was on Windows Mobile and loved having the power and features it offered. I gave the iPhone a try, and jumped to Android as soon as I could. I had a Captivate and loved having the power and control Windows Mobile offered, but with apps like Android. As I upgraded my Captivate for a Galaxy S II (the better non-LTE one), I traded my Captivate for a Focus just for kicks as my backup phone. I was immediately impressed with the crisp clean stable Windows Phone OS. If the app selection in WP7 was as good as Android I would leave in a minute. The experience is so refined, and consistent. Android is very disjointed, and iOS is so tunnelled into a single way of doing things.

I think WP7 is in its infancy, but see exponential growth in its future. Its leaps and bounds ahead of where iOS or Android were at 1 year old. It just needs time. WP7 will easily pass the antiquated dinosaur BlackBerry, and the dead WebOS (which was pretty nice too). I think a three horse race is good for everyone. A monopoly is bad, a duopoly can be just as bad. If WP7 takes off, that will force Android and Apple to keep fresh or end up like BlackBerry.
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support