Samsung Focus - Resolved Test Messaging Issue

Contributor

Samsung Focus - Resolved Test Messaging Issue

Before I purchased my Samsung Focus, I owned a Tilt2. With the Tilt2, I was able to send text messages. When I purchased my Samsung Focus, I was unable to send any text messages. I called AT&T support, and they were clueless. I resolved the issue myself with this article: http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/solutionDisplay.jsp?solutionId=KB38686 

The Samsung Focus comes with the "SMS Center Number" of: +13123149810

I resolved the issue by using: +19703769301

It would be better if AT&T gave better definition around which users should use which numbers depending upon how long they have been with AT&T. Fortunately, there's not that many numbers to try.

Regards,

Jason

In case AT&T ever deletes the link above, here's what it says:

Advisory:
IMPORTANT: A plus "+" sign MUST precede the 11-digit message center number in order for Text Messaging to function. Instructions:
Existing and New AT&T customers

The message center number for all existing and new AT&T SIM cards is +13123149810.  If experiencing problems with text messaging, please contact Customer Care.

Former AT&T Wireless customers

The message center number for all former AT&T Wireless customers is +19703769301.

Former Cellular One from Dobson customers

The message center number for all former Cellular One from Dobson customers is +13305310005.  

Content reflects instructions for devices and services from AT&T. Some differences may exist for devices not purchased from AT&T.

Message 1 of 2
Contributor

Re: Samsung Focus - Resolved Test Messaging Issue

All I have to say is THANK YOU! I been looking for this number cause I knew it was all I needed..MY texts are back on thanks to you!

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support