Wireless Forums

Posted Dec 2, 2010
7:58:20 PM
View profile
Samsung Focus - Resolved Test Messaging Issue
Edited by jchrane on Dec 2, 2010 at 7:59:02 PM

Before I purchased my Samsung Focus, I owned a Tilt2. With the Tilt2, I was able to send text messages. When I purchased my Samsung Focus, I was unable to send any text messages. I called AT&T support, and they were clueless. I resolved the issue myself with this article: http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/solutionDisplay.jsp?solutionId=KB38686 

The Samsung Focus comes with the "SMS Center Number" of: +13123149810

I resolved the issue by using: +19703769301

It would be better if AT&T gave better definition around which users should use which numbers depending upon how long they have been with AT&T. Fortunately, there's not that many numbers to try.

Regards,

Jason

In case AT&T ever deletes the link above, here's what it says:

Advisory:
IMPORTANT: A plus "+" sign MUST precede the 11-digit message center number in order for Text Messaging to function. Instructions:
Existing and New AT&T customers

The message center number for all existing and new AT&T SIM cards is +13123149810.  If experiencing problems with text messaging, please contact Customer Care.

Former AT&T Wireless customers

The message center number for all former AT&T Wireless customers is +19703769301.

Former Cellular One from Dobson customers

The message center number for all former Cellular One from Dobson customers is +13305310005.  

Content reflects instructions for devices and services from AT&T. Some differences may exist for devices not purchased from AT&T.

Before I purchased my Samsung Focus, I owned a Tilt2. With the Tilt2, I was able to send text messages. When I purchased my Samsung Focus, I was unable to send any text messages. I called AT&T support, and they were clueless. I resolved the issue myself with this article: http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/solutionDisplay.jsp?solutionId=KB38686 

The Samsung Focus comes with the "SMS Center Number" of: +13123149810

I resolved the issue by using: +19703769301

It would be better if AT&T gave better definition around which users should use which numbers depending upon how long they have been with AT&T. Fortunately, there's not that many numbers to try.

Regards,

Jason

In case AT&T ever deletes the link above, here's what it says:

Advisory:
IMPORTANT: A plus "+" sign MUST precede the 11-digit message center number in order for Text Messaging to function. Instructions:
Existing and New AT&T customers

The message center number for all existing and new AT&T SIM cards is +13123149810.  If experiencing problems with text messaging, please contact Customer Care.

Former AT&T Wireless customers

The message center number for all former AT&T Wireless customers is +19703769301.

Former Cellular One from Dobson customers

The message center number for all former Cellular One from Dobson customers is +13305310005.  

Content reflects instructions for devices and services from AT&T. Some differences may exist for devices not purchased from AT&T.

Samsung Focus - Resolved Test Messaging Issue

[ Edited ]
0 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit