Samsung Focus + NoDo = No Zune Sync

Highlighted

Samsung Focus + NoDo = No Zune Sync

Just want to make some aware that the NoDo update can screw up your syncing with a Focus.

I experienced this after updating to NoDo. My zune software will no longer sync more than 4 or 5 songs, or one 60 meg video, without pitching a communications error.

My first response was to hard reset the phone. This fixed nothing. Then, I rolled back the update. The phone synced perfectly again.

Upon contacting winphonesupport over twitter, they suggested I try reapplying the update to see if it would work, and reinstalling the zune software.

BEWARE. I reinstalled the update, but the Zune software then, for some reason, decided my phone was a "guest" and prompted me to make it the primary device. I clicked OK, and now, I have no rollback backup. I don't know why Zune deleted it, but I did confirm (via undeletion programs) that the Zune software deleted my entire backup, so there's no rollback for me now. (It wasn't recoverable either...)

That's a big problem, because the reinstall of the update brought the sync error back. A reinstall of the Zune software (following an uninstall and restart) has not remedied the situation.

Thread about this here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-sync/when-sync-media-to-my-omnia-7-i-receive-t...

Message 1 of 1
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support